Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-10-2022, 11:57 PM   #21
pau123
Sailor Moon

Even the 1/5 scale like the og SS was a good size.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:19 AM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

For me 1/3 is the best selling point among the crowd of TMNT statues.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:41 PM   #23
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Donatello looks better, and it reminds me of the Comiquette. Raph is too beefy. I don't like the newer influences. 1/3? I get it, it's the margins, but something's gonna give eventually. I don't believe the TMNT fanbase can sustain it, if it ever did.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:23 PM   #24
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Donnie is up for pre-orer!

$1200 MSRP (ss may be slightly more)
500 collector edition
350 EX

https://www.collectpcs.com/product/donatello-13/
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:24 AM   #25
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Can't get past the bad decision to have TWO grinning portraits. No variety in expression which leaves me unfulfilled and passing. Always preferred a less expressive face for Donnie, like coolneautral balanced expression, as has often been the case with his depiction. If you google search Donnie tmnt in google, nearly every photo is one of these expressions. Not angry and menacing.

In my opinion the exclusive portrait with the goggles, should have had a much cooler, thoughtful expression to add balance in expression display.

When he has a meaner and angrier face than Raphael you know you're doing something wrong as a designer.

Very quick mockup, but this would have made for much better variety.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41d76dc3-34ae-57b3-abf9-006f68a03acb_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	157575  
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:38 AM   #26
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I spoke to Ant about these 1/3's before he put Raph up for PO, still at concept stage. Told him the style isnt for the casual TMNT fans, and that most like the traditional style, over a sculptors stylized conceptual vision. I thought having all the bases with mousers was kind of an overkill. Raphs pose is another one leg up, and should have had his arms more open than closed in with his sais out pose. Donnie with the ghostbuster pack and goggles are dumb, and remind me of the Michael Bay ogre turtles, that started the trend with those dumb designs.. They should have gone at least 1/3 original live action movie turtles instead. Those would have sold like hotcakes. Im a huge fan of TMNT, and I know the fanbase, and even I wont even bother dropping stupid money with these stupid prices on stylized versions. Rather wait until the end of the year when sideshow starts giving deep deep discounts, and wait for more traditional looking TMNT. These arent gonna do very well. I tried telling him.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:27 AM   #27
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I spoke to Ant about these 1/3's before he put Raph up for PO, still at concept stage. Told him the style isnt for the casual TMNT fans, and that most like the traditional style, over a sculptors stylized conceptual vision. I thought having all the bases with mousers was kind of an overkill. Raphs pose is another one leg up, and should have had his arms more open than closed in with his sais out pose. Donnie with the ghostbuster pack and goggles are dumb, and remind me of the Michael Bay ogre turtles, that started the trend with those dumb designs.. They should have gone at least 1/3 original live action movie turtles instead. Those would have sold like hotcakes. Im a huge fan of TMNT, and I know the fanbase, and even I wont even bother dropping stupid money with these stupid prices on stylized versions. Rather wait until the end of the year when sideshow starts giving deep deep discounts, and wait for more traditional looking TMNT. These arent gonna do very well. I tried telling him.
The collector edition of Raph is already pre-sold out. They're doing quite well. We're super stoked about everything TMNT we make.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:35 PM   #28
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
The collector edition of Raph is already pre-sold out. They're doing quite well. We're super stoked about everything TMNT we make.
Okay. We'll see them back in stock. I guarantee it.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #29
MegatronG1
The X-Men

If they sell, then, good for you, I guess? The one thing I hate is when a newer, crappier corporatized reboot influences everything made thereafter.

I know the licensor's demands are not your fault, PCS, but just calling out the trend. Pop culture peaked like 20+ years ago, and it's not the first time the reboot's design elements contaminate the old media.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:34 PM   #30
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Can’t wait to get the TMNT line. Already bought Ralph and Po’ed Donatello. Can’t wait to see images of Micky and Leo.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote