Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-19-2023, 02:28 AM   #521
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
NP, and it indeed has nothing to do with the silicone, I just want al cases to match with each other
Where did you purchase the display cases?
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 11:35 AM   #522
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Where did you purchase the display cases?
They are custom build at a local glass company.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:44 AM   #523
pdenham
Teen Titans

Now that production samples of Mera are out there (and I've made peace with hit I'll take from the eventual invoice), I'm probably going to start focusing my anticipation of this one now.

I ran across an interesting set pic from JL the other day

For people that felt the likeness on this figure is off, does this photo look like Gal to you, or more like her sister?

While I don't think the JL figure offers as startling a likeness as they managed for the WW84 piece, I recognized that the diamond shape I associate with her face always seemed less pronounced in her earlier work as this character. But I was surprised just how full her face looked in the above photo.

As far as the figure goes, I still believe the thing that is skewing people's perceptions with it is the styling of the hair. Especially in the two solo films, Gal's hair is somewhat fine and drapes down close to the crown of her head. JND (as usual) seems to be over styling it on the figure, which is likely skewing the perception of the face (shape), wider than it should be.
This doesn't apply to everyone, I realize, but for some of the people who were stumbling around trying to grasp at something to explain why the portrait wasn't working for them (the lips are too big, the eyes aren't right...) I think this might have been a subliminal factor.

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:25 AM   #524
nearmint
Phoenix

I've never had a problem with the likeness on this piece, just the choice of expression. My fragile ego couldn't handle Gal looking at me so disapprovingly.

What did I do wrong?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 12:16 PM   #525
pdenham
Teen Titans

I've never seen disapproval so much as wariness.
It also reminds me a little of this at the same time
Spoiler

which,being of a certain age, is always a big positive for me

I do fully understand and empathize with the comment you made on one of the Rogue's Gallery shows when you said a big thing preventing you from considering silicone anything, is the feeling you'd need to keep them under glass.

I too, would MUCH rather have this stuff out in the open air, for many reasons. I won't chance it with the Alita bust, because of the extent of the silicone and hair, but might for a short time with these JND figures.

At the same time, the dust that has collected on this Vader Mythos in just a couple months is ridiculous. And trying to dust it, with all the curls and traps and delicate pieces, and the entire thing mostly black and darker values, is a royal PITA.
I don't want it under glass, but you can't escape display choice drawbacks no matter which way you go.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 02:27 PM   #526
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I've never seen disapproval so much as wariness.
It also reminds me a little of this at the same time
Spoiler

which,being of a certain age, is always a big positive for me

I do fully understand and empathize with the comment you made on one of the Rogue's Gallery shows when you said a big thing preventing you from considering silicone anything, is the feeling you'd need to keep them under glass.

I too, would MUCH rather have this stuff out in the open air, for many reasons. I won't chance it with the Alita bust, because of the extent of the silicone and hair, but might for a short time with these JND figures.

At the same time, the dust that has collected on this Vader Mythos in just a couple months is ridiculous. And trying to dust it, with all the curls and traps and delicate pieces, and the entire thing mostly black and darker values, is a royal PITA.
I don't want it under glass, but you can't escape display choice drawbacks no matter which way you go.
Not sure why the Bangles love is a spoiler. I am also of that age and will freely declare my love for this moment in the video.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:56 PM   #527
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks like this is starting to sell out at retailers now… not completely but a slow burn!
Sugo toys in Australia now have as sold out and many others have sold out their pre order availability now as well.

It also has risen in its waitlist on the official JND website with it becoming one of the higher number in people waitlisted compared to some other pieces.

Now the wait to release continues ��
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 07:06 AM   #528
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Looks like this is starting to sell out at retailers now? not completely but a slow burn!
Sugo toys in Australia now have as sold out and many others have sold out their pre order availability now as well.

It also has risen in its waitlist on the official JND website with it becoming one of the higher number in people waitlisted compared to some other pieces.

Now the wait to release continues ��
First batch will ship end of the year.

Just got the final payment notice from JND.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:14 PM   #529
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Came in to say I'd seen on fb some had gotten their payment notices.

I guess we can expect a production vid for this soon.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 04:12 PM   #530
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Came in to say I'd seen on fb some had gotten their payment notices.

I guess we can expect a production vid for this soon.
Curious how the WW lips turned out in the final production.

The prototype lips seem too full or perhaps it is the application of the red lipstick that make it appear swollen? that?s what she said.

the Catwoman and Arwen had a similar lip issue but the WW84 and Mera were perfect.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote