Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #2081
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think this sold out in 20 minutes or so?
It was on the old site so I'd wager many were doing the same thing refreshing to see how many were left and then ordering.
We all kind of sat there wondering what to do. At the time it was just a cool one-off statue of the Netherrealm logo just to see if demand was there.

There was definite hype but the real demand came once some sort of line was going to happen.
I bought it immediately :P But either way it wasn't a bad ES at the time, if it was higher it might have done even more poorly.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #2082
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I am not sure in the future which one will demand a higher market value, this or Akuma 1/3 as both are amazing. Yeah definitely grab it if anyone could find it for $1000. If the quility is there once these are in collectors hand it will demand a much higher price.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #2083
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

As always the hype will die down shortly after he is in hand. I'd wait if I were you. Also, since the 1/3 popularity is so new and people don't even have a 1/3 piece in hand yet a lot of people don't realize how large these really are. Once they do I'm gonna say minds will be changed and the 1/3 statues will be sold off.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #2084
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think this sold out in 20 minutes or so?
It was on the old site so I'd wager many were doing the same thing refreshing to see how many were left and then ordering.
We all kind of sat there wondering what to do. At the time it was just a cool one-off statue of the Netherrealm logo just to see if demand was there.

There was definite hype but the real demand came once some sort of line was going to happen.
Haha
I remember being able to switch addresses on PayPal etc etc. now you can't dare forget your password on these releases or else your done. When I come to think of it I can't believe I have this as a preorder I didn't know about pcs sell outs. Glad people weren't blood hungry that day like with sub zero. I thought sellout was in 9 minutes?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #2085
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
As always the hype will die down shortly after he is in hand. I'd wait if I were you. Also, since the 1/3 popularity is so new and people don't even have a 1/3 piece in hand yet a lot of people don't realize how large these really are. Once they do I'm gonna say minds will be changed and the 1/3 statues will be sold off.
Maybe other 1/3 statues like reptile or sub zero. I don't see people letting go of akuma or scorpion. Especially akuma with the fear of it being like the 1/4 prices. I don't think collectors will want to sell without getting a massive amount back. So most likely to either start selling them extremely high or wait until they the need brings them at a high price.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #2086
Majestic
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Plus Member

Have u noticed more activity on the forum since emails went out and production pics of Akuma were shown?

Jerry, show us a Scorpion or Sub-Z!

Why you do dis ?
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #2087
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Have u noticed more activity on the forum since emails went out and production pics of Akuma were shown?

Jerry, show us a Scorpion or Sub-Z!

Why you do dis ?
Yeah! Production pics would be nice considering scorpion pre-ordered before any other 1/3. I feel like I've been walking in a huge dark room for 2 years and that email was like Jerry flipping the switch real quick. I saw a path to the exit which leads to my joy but the floor is covered in mouse traps from here on and a production pic would be like a much needed flashlight. Man I'm deep.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:39 AM   #2088
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Cinemaquette have been making 1:3 scales exclusively for as long as I can remember...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:01 AM   #2089
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Cinemaquette have been making 1:3 scales exclusively for as long as I can remember...

I know, but the average collector collecting pcs, sideshow, gentle giant, & other affordable companies aren't running out purchasing $3,500 retail hulk sculpts from Cinemaquette. 2 different ball games completely.

People who buy CMQ know what they're getting into when they drop that kinda cash. Much easier to drop $650 on a pcs 1/3 statue and buy multiple of them before you even realize the size and space it's gonna take up and then all of a sudden be overwhelmed and decide to sell.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #2090
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
I know, but the average collector collecting pcs, sideshow, gentle giant, & other affordable companies aren't running out purchasing $3,500 retail hulk sculpts from Cinemaquette. 2 different ball games completely.
Not realy, the point is 1:3 scale isnt new. Sure Cinemaquette is a different price range but you did gave their most expensive example. Collectors are used to 1:3 (at least more than you suggest) and at PCS's prices even more collectors will get into it imo.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote