Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #731
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I definitely don't want Skeletor mounted on Panthor. I want Skeletor as a separate piece, like He-Man. If I have to buy a combo, I'll consider it. If I can get Skeletor solo, that's ideal. If they are both one piece... I'm out.

Assuming it happens at all, of course.
Sketching out a couple of options. From Skeletor standing next to Panthor similar to he-man to mounted Skeletor to Skeletor on a throne with Panthor at his feet (my personal favorite).
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #732
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Sketching out a couple of options. From Skeletor standing next to Panthor similar to he-man to mounted Skeletor to Skeletor on a throne with Panthor at his feet (my personal favorite).
I haven't had any interest in this this Mixed Media Skeeltor and Panthor

BUT I couldn't pass up buying this.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #733
samueljd
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Skeletor on throne is my favorite choice too. I'd hope Panthor would be next to the throne though, so he can be huge like Battle Cat.
samueljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #734
addic
The X-Men

In all due respect...please not another throne piece.

Make it two separate pieces in poses comparable to He-Man and BC. I want options in how to display them, etc.

If you need to sell them as a set then that's just fine. Do it. But please...no throne.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #735
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
RA,

So is this confirmation that PCS has secured licensing rights to produce this Skeletor/Panthor companion piece?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:12 AM   #736
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
In all due respect...please not another throne piece.

Make it two separate pieces in poses comparable to He-Man and BC. I want options in how to display them, etc.

If you need to sell them as a set then that's just fine. Do it. But please...no throne.
What other Throne pieces has PCS released?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #737
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
What other Throne pieces has PCS released?
I think he is referring to thrones across the general industry including the possible Shao Kahn.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #738
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think I would do the throne for Skeletor but do a Panthor with a raised paw standing next to Skeletor. With the MM He-Man statue it'd be like He-Man just walked into Skeletor's throne room and Panthor is ready to go.

That way Panthor would also be more appealing as a separate piece.

Throne pieces can be popular and a Skeletor one could get a lot of attention.

I still just want a Filmation Battle-Cat to go with Filmation He-Man most of all.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #739
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

The throne of skeletor in itself is one of the coolest designs of filmation. If they had skeletor on THAT throne with panthor next to him roaring, that WOULD be a no brainer and would sell the most. Having a panthor that is almost the same pose of the existing battle cat would be redundant and would sell less for the simple fact that ANY hard core fan could easily have a top artist retool a battle cat to become panthor if they wanted. Just because heman is in a battle position doesnt mean skeletor HAS to be. These are seperate statues and I would YAWN at a look alike. But if it was a fresh iconic pose and idea from the show, its something I would definately buy, BUT even if it gets a green light, you would be 3 years waiting for a dam statue. IF, IF this ever gets made, PCS would be foolish to not do the throne. EVEN SUPER 7 is making a skeletor throne for the upcoming snake mountain because its COOL! If they want sales to be top notch, it cant be a retread of heman battlecat. It has to offer something more. The throne would be an instant decision maker IMO! I would buy that IF it ever got made. Just a plain skeletor and panthor posed like heman.....................so boring and not worth the money. This line has been dead for along time and interest has died down majorly. It would take an eye opener for people to get back on board. PCS , IF you even get the license, you have to make an eye opener, and you have to promise a realistic due date and deliver.

After the problems with sorceress, battlecat and heman delays of years and LOD 3 plus years also, people will be very hesitant to buy, especially when promised replacements for damaged product and then told , sorry!!!..............new management, were not fullfilling any of our old promises. New management, still lots of very Pis**ed off LOYAL customers. Not being negative here for anyone who wants to troll my post..........this is just spelling out cold hard facts. PCS needs to do better! I will buy a throne skeletor and panthor, anything else,................yawn!
heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #740
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I haven't had any interest in this this Mixed Media Skeeltor and Panthor

BUT I couldn't pass up buying this.

This is a major extra and kick butt design IF its made, but you need to make the merman for the filmation line to finish off the major charactors to please the fans the felt they got screwed, and maybe make ANOTHER sorceress to make up for the one that was full of problems and screwed many out of finishing thier collection. But this version of skeletor and panthor on throne is a NO BRAINER IF you wish to have high sales and make it a worth while investment for PCS to even produce, IN ONE YEAR tops!
heman is offline   Reply With Quote