Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #71
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
not the full head, but an interesting shot of the hero paint up.

full head!
This. Go for more of an olive/brown tone. Not chocolate milk.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #72
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
Is this the first true casting of the Female rex bust ever? I know there's been some retools and the male bust has seemed to floated around for the past 20 odd years, but can't recall ever a female bust direct from the Stan Winston molds.
I don't know strange all the Dino JP geeks are missing.

I know just last week Howard Senft put up a female casting on eBay stating it was the best generation casting known of the bust. I don't know. I was thinking about buying it but I didn't now I believe it's long gone.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #73
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
This. Go for more of an olive/brown tone. Not chocolate milk.
I like the color personally, it feels real. I'm wondering where all the Dinohunters are with their top secret fan club back lot photos. Paul asked for references and I'm the only one who posted anything which was taken from Google images. I'm gonna pull out the Winston Effectto see of there's any good shots in there.

Post your ideal pics of the female paint scheme, guys. Paul wants em.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #74
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Well, this is the first true casting of the Female bust I've seen. Jonathan bought it at auction and it required a lot of work to get it the way you see it today.

I'd be interested in seeing what Howard had, if it was a resculpt or and original. This piece has a few tells that are easy to spot.

We just had the Universal Summit and they are going to start cracking skulls on ebay with bootleg sellers, just a heads up.

There were a few sellers even mentioned at the summit, it's not going to be a good day to be selling pieces that conflict with licensors.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #75
dannygarrett09
Birdman

dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #76
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Well, this is the first true casting of the Female bust I've seen. Jonathan bought it at auction and it required a lot of work to get it the way you see it today.

I'd be interested in seeing what Howard had, if it was a resculpt or and original. This piece has a few tells that are easy to spot.

We just had the Universal Summit and they are going to start cracking skulls on ebay with bootleg sellers, just a heads up.

There were a few sellers even mentioned at the summit, it's not going to be a good day to be selling pieces that conflict with licensors.
good to hear this. the other day i confronted a guy that is selling a pachy maquette for 2k!!! i told him that it was insanely pricey for a maquette that is not even licensed.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #77
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Here's some from my collection

Hope it helps, It's hard to get the proper Rex animatronic in proper lighting
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #78
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

BTW all I posted a picture I found of the final Male T Rex Bust on the Facebook group page "official JP Toys page," aside from a few haters the reaction has been very positive, I think a lot of the JP fan community is still discovering Chronicle..okay now back to your T Rex paint analysis!
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #79
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Good pics, thanks.

When painting Blue ILM sent us daylight, dim and night imagery and all three were completely different. Fortunately we have ILM cooperating with us and they have been great. Blue is 100%.

The rex is a debate, ILM thinks it should be more like the CGI which is like the Perot Museum Stan Winston female. Some say it should be more subtle like photos above and some say it should be more green.

I guess I'll hit for somewhere in the middle, but no green. The guys at ILM would kill me if I put green on the female rex.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #80
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Good pics, thanks.

When painting Blue ILM sent us daylight, dim and night imagery and all three were completely different. Fortunately we have ILM cooperating with us and they have been great. Blue is 100%.

The rex is a debate, ILM thinks it should be more like the CGI which is like the Perot Museum Stan Winston female. Some say it should be more subtle like photos above and some say it should be more green.

I guess I'll hit for somewhere in the middle, but no green. The guys at ILM would kill me if I put green on the female rex.
From what I've observed from when I was painting my 1/16th horizon model I found it was a lot of light tans, yellow, browns through to hints of greys and blacks.

I actually don't think the animatronics colour design would be as subtle if there was images taken in good lighting. So i think if you took the colour pallet of the animatronic with design of the museum maquette I think that would be the ultimate middle ground.

Edit: Can't wait to the see the Blue
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote