Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

nasa taped over moon landing?

if you're one of those conspiracy theorists, here's something that will make you say i told you so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/...sci_moon_video

without the original footage, it's next to impossible to prove that the actual moon landing was staged. ever wonder why we haven't been back to the moon in over 35 years? ever wonder why they didn't build a space station on the moon? ever wonder why nasa spends billions but doesn't archive and preserve video footage of the first human beings to step on the soil of a celestial body other than earth? does nasa think the people today will believe this bull*hit?
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I still say the Earth is flat and the center of the universe.

Cameras steal your soul.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I still say the Earth is flat and the center of the universe.

Cameras steal your soul.
Whats a camera? Your a WITCH!!!
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

There's such a thing as human error. Besides Mythbusters already disproved all the theories that people put forth that it was staged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
if you're one of those conspiracy theorists, here's something that will make you say i told you so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/...sci_moon_video

without the original footage, it's next to impossible to prove that the actual moon landing was staged. ever wonder why we haven't been back to the moon in over 35 years? ever wonder why they didn't build a space station on the moon? ever wonder why nasa spends billions but doesn't archive and preserve video footage of the first human beings to step on the soil of a celestial body other than earth? does nasa think the people today will believe this bull*hit?
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

ummmmm.... WHO CARES.... why build a Space Station on a desert like place that will take longer to get to and involves more risk with landings and departures... There is nothing we can learn from the moon. Now if you were talkin that we've been to another planet... i.e. Mars then I could understand...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
There's such a thing as human error. Besides Mythbusters already disproved all the theories that people put forth that it was staged.
and we all know that mythbusters are the end all be all, definitive answer to all doubts.

do you know how it was to live in 1969? a live broadcast from the moon should have bordered more on science fiction and impossibility for the technology that was developed at the time. in less than 10 years, we went from orbiting our planet to landing on the closest celestial body to our planet. since then, in 40 years, we've built a space station still just orbiting our planet and man-less probes. sounds to me like a regression in progression.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
ummmmm.... WHO CARES.... why build a Space Station on a desert like place that will take longer to get to and involves more risk with landings and departures... There is nothing we can learn from the moon. Now if you were talkin that we've been to another planet... i.e. Mars then I could understand...
a space station on the moon would make departures much easier with a destination beyond earth because there is no atmosphere to contend with. obviously resources are extremely limited attempting to vault from a dozen person space station. setting up a moon base is the next logical step to man a mission beyond our own orbit. which raises the question, why were we in such a hurry to reach the moon if we weren't going to utilize the experience and data collected from the missions?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
and we all know that mythbusters are the end all be all, definitive answer to all doubts.

do you know how it was to live in 1969? a live broadcast from the moon should have bordered more on science fiction and impossibility for the technology that was developed at the time. in less than 10 years, we went from orbiting our planet to landing on the closest celestial body to our planet. since then, in 40 years, we've built a space station still just orbiting our planet and man-less probes. sounds to me like a regression in progression.

I'm sure all the astronauts who died testing the equipment ultimately used would be proud to know that people have diminished their efforts by accusing the entirety of NASA of faking the money shot.

Do you realize how many people are involved with something like a moon landing? The number of people alone prohibits any kind of fake landing, because that would be a hell of a security headache. I don't really recall anyone publishing the end-all, tell-all book about how they were right there on the sound stage. Until there is, I refuse to believe it.

As to it being broadcast 'live'...well, how do you think they keep tabs on their astronauts? With interior and exterior cameras that operate in real time. It wouldn't be that hard to hook up one of NASA's monitors to a CBS camera and broadcast it at the same time as the Mission Control people were seeing it. (And, plus, how do you know that the broadcast was in fact live? It might have been on some unavoidable delay.)

Finally, just because we -didn't- do something in ten years' time doesn't mean we -couldn't- do it during that period. There's all kinds of math and safety to think about when dealing with space travel, and I'm sure they wanted to get it right and as safe as possible.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Its was all a hoax! Im sure we made it to space, but the aliens snagged them and made sure they didnt go to the moon to see all the cities!!!! Moon is hollow anyway and alien made!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
dr_teng

Quote:

That's partially because safety standards have changed considerably (as in, we would never undertake a flight now that we would have then) as well as NASA's funding gradually getting cut, and resources being directed elsewhere (the International Space Station, various satellites, Mars landings, etc...). It doesn't help that the public's interest in space travel has considerably diminished since then.

There's really little reason to land on the moon again for the time being, and given the existing financial difficulties and technology limits, there's little reason to build a moon base for longer missions either.

Will there be eventually? I imagine so! Just not in the near future.