Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2024, 03:49 PM   #481
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Hobbyist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Multiverse
Posts: 1,476
I am also a big fan of CR Superman, especially the first one in 1978. To me, that's the definitive Superman movie.

I too would love to have a perfect CR Superman statue, preferably licensed one. I've been waiting for one for years.

I love the one by Arnie Kim but its price is prohibitive for most collectors including me, and it is not a licensed statue.

This one by JND is brilliant in most respects except the likeness. To me, there is no "good enough" likeness. It is either spot-on or off.

A poor likeness is always a deal breaker for me regardless of how great the rest of the statue is. It is a shame, really.

I will just have to keep waiting for a few years longer, I suppose, until some companies like Blitzway and Prime 1 decide to give it a try.

I believe they will come up with a much better likeness (just look at their Scar Face, John Wick and Neo) and a more affordable price point.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 02:45 AM   #482
csutkakoma
Sinister Six
 
csutkakoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I am also a big fan of CR Superman, especially the first one in 1978. To me, that's the definitive Superman movie.

I too would love to have a perfect CR Superman statue, preferably licensed one. I've been waiting for one for years.

I love the one by Arnie Kim but its price is prohibitive for most collectors including me, and it is not a licensed statue.

This one by JND is brilliant in most respects except the likeness. To me, there is no "good enough" likeness. It is either spot-on or off.

A poor likeness is always a deal breaker for me regardless of how great the rest of the statue is. It is a shame, really.

I will just have to keep waiting for a few years longer, I suppose, until some companies like Blitzway and Prime 1 decide to give it a try.

I believe they will come up with a much better likeness (just look at their Scar Face, John Wick and Neo) and a more affordable price point.
I am with you on this one!
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:59 PM   #483
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
I am with you on this one!
Don’t hold your breath…this CR will be the best for a looooong time…
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 06:09 PM   #484
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Hobbyist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Multiverse
Posts: 1,476
I seriously doubt it....
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 02:26 AM   #485
Etong
Doh!
 
Join Date: May 2024
Posts: 1
Pretty disappointed with the revision. I feel they should bare some responsibility to refund at least part of the deposits.
Etong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:18 AM   #486
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad
 
candyrocket786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I seriously doubt it....
Agreed.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 12:07 PM   #487
Phoenixblazes
Shazam
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Agreed.
Yup.

It might not be tomorrow, or even a few years from now, but eventually something better always comes along.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 05:05 PM   #488
jodl73
Frackin!
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 22
delete

Last edited by jodl73; 05-30-2024 at 05:08 PM. Reason: delete
jodl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 05:08 PM   #489
jodl73
Frackin!
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Don?t hold your breath?this CR will be the best for a looooong time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I seriously doubt it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yup.

It might not be tomorrow, or even a few years from now, but eventually something better always comes along.
Well that's why he said this will be the best Chris Reeve statue for a long time. On a side note I bet this looks really good after seeing JND's attempt at John Wick. At least this screams Reeve. The John Wick statue doesn't scream Reeves.
jodl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 09:06 AM   #490
cking
Justice League
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 255
Here is a resin painted 1:3 Chris Reeve Superman bust that was created from 3d scans of three separate authentic lifecasts of Reeve that were taken by Stuart Freeborn in 1977 when Reeve was filming Superman the Movie. The lifecast scans were then tweaked digitally to remove the "sagging" caused by the alginate pulling the skin down a bit on the lifecast subject, then 3d printed in resin and painted. Even this looks a bit "off" and this is actually Chris Reeve's real face and ears! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20240604-WA0000.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	170824  
cking is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com