Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2024, 01:16 AM   #261
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You won't upgrade to SHCs ??? I am good with my SHCs btw. If DC make Omnibuses of Byrne Superman, i won't upgrade. This is it for me with the Byrne Supes.
I probably will upgrade to the HCs. I normally do. I just remember Byrne?s Superman work not holding up so well over time, so I feel less incentive to upgrade. But, again, that said, I?ll probably do it anyway.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 01:21 AM   #262
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The shelves were old & solid hardwood w/ built in drawers on the lower half, next to 3 full wood cd towers. . I had it set up beautifully, so she couldn't really complain. Shelves were all adjusted to height. With, like 11 cross-feet devoted to just omnibus. EC slip-case editions, all my 50's, 60's hardback horror trades & lines. Comic artists' books, Essentials, etc. Every foot to two feet I worked in a corresponding statue or bust, with the top of the shelves devoted to antique collectibles, great-graphic 40's board games, old radios & more. It was the soul of the house .... but probably weighed close to a ton. I'm now glad that I shifted to the basement. I have shelves set up down there With my statue collection & my DVDs & horror themed collections, along with my bar. My Hi-Fi is also down there so I can't complain. Yes, my wife is cool. 26 years last week.
Jerry, I also have all my books integrated with corresponding statue. Thousands of HC books, hundreds of statues plus props and art. I’ve got all of this set up in my finished basement of about 1500 sq ft. with wooden bookcases and selves. Can’t even conceive of how much it all weighs.

Congrats on your 26 years. We hit 34 next month.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 09:39 AM   #263
protector2814
Phoenix
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 12,156
Sounds like a great set-up, Joe. We just have to remember to keep a dehumidifier buzzing. Congratz on 34.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 02:06 PM   #264
The Dark Knight
Jubilee
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkiye
Posts: 4,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I probably will upgrade to the HCs. I normally do. I just remember Byrne?s Superman work not holding up so well over time, so I feel less incentive to upgrade. But, again, that said, I?ll probably do it anyway.
Well, that is not good to hear... I heard that John Byrne Superman run was the run that redefined Superman for a modern audiance and it was a good run. It looks like this will be another disappointment like Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow Deluxe Edition. Man, Alan Moore Superman was ultra mega giga overrated, but i think i understand... Silver Age Superman book was so crapy... Oh so crapy... Even the mediocre stuff, Alan Moore wrote shone like the sun after all those crap fest stories.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:35 AM   #265
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Well, that is not good to hear... I heard that John Byrne Superman run was the run that redefined Superman for a modern audiance and it was a good run. It looks like this will be another disappointment like Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow Deluxe Edition. Man, Alan Moore Superman was ultra mega giga overrated, but i think i understand... Silver Age Superman book was so crapy... Oh so crapy... Even the mediocre stuff, Alan Moore wrote shone like the sun after all those crap fest stories.
You may like it, and I probably should go back to give it another try. What you heard is correct, though, that Byrne?s run did redefine Superman for the modern post-1986 era.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:36 AM   #266
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Sounds like a great set-up, Joe. We just have to remember to keep a dehumidifier buzzing. Congratz on 34.
Thanks, Jerry!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com