Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2021, 05:00 PM   #31
El Diablo
Doom Patrol
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 8,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Pretty cool! Wish their stuff was 1:4.

Numskull is on the same page with that screen overlay. They talk about future machines coming with it, in that last vid I posted.
Yeah just literally finished watching it, some cool things in there I’m just not quite as excited about they’re line up as new wave toys (partly the game choice but also as they’re mostly based of the same cab design) plus not overly happy they’re moving to using plastic instead of real wood for the cabs.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:27 PM   #32
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,703
I wish New Wave Toys would choose better games.
For the moment, all i own is Street Fighter II
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:13 PM   #33
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Yeah just literally finished watching it, some cool things in there I’m just not quite as excited about they’re line up as new wave toys (partly the game choice but also as they’re mostly based of the same cab design) plus not overly happy they’re moving to using plastic instead of real wood for the cabs.
Well, just yesterday Numskull posted a message that after reading feedback from their poll posted after that video, they are on pause as they figure out what to do going forward. It seems that many indicated displeasure with the switch to plastic, so they are investigating and getting price quotes from their suppliers before continuing. It wasn't a big deal for me, assuming they 'felt' the same, or close, with plastic.

So you're a fan of the earlier 80s stuff? I'm more invested in the later 80s and early 90s myself. However, of what they've teased, I'm only really in for the first TMNT and maybe the Pepsi machine.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:41 AM   #34
El Diablo
Doom Patrol
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 8,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Well, just yesterday Numskull posted a message that after reading feedback from their poll posted after that video, they are on pause as they figure out what to do going forward. It seems that many indicated displeasure with the switch to plastic, so they are investigating and getting price quotes from their suppliers before continuing. It wasn't a big deal for me, assuming they 'felt' the same, or close, with plastic.

So you're a fan of the earlier 80s stuff? I'm more invested in the later 80s and early 90s myself. However, of what they've teased, I'm only really in for the first TMNT and maybe the Pepsi machine.
Tbh I’ve got favourite games from pretty much every decade that’s why I’m happy buying pretty much everything they release! If I had to choose though I’d go 90’s also. But more than anything I just love the way these things look on display, a proper working miniature arcade. That’s why I can’t get into the 1:4’s too much as they up so much more real estate. But by the sounds of it numskull have some real big decisions to make before they can move forward.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #35
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Tbh I’ve got favourite games from pretty much every decade that’s why I’m happy buying pretty much everything they release! If I had to choose though I’d go 90’s also. But more than anything I just love the way these things look on display, a proper working miniature arcade. That’s why I can’t get into the 1:4’s too much as they up so much more real estate. But by the sounds of it numskull have some real big decisions to make before they can move forward.
That's cool, I get it. If I wasn't into statues, I'd probably be all in on everything too, to try to recreate a whole diverse arcade. As is, I'm just going for select few that are special to me.

Having a whole bunch on in attract mode is such a cool setting. Very relaxing - takes me back. lol

Microsoft put out "Game Room" software front end for 360, and you could 'buy' and populate your own arcade with cabinets, and walk around with your avatar. I liked doing that as much as actually playing the machines! Hearing an arcade full of background noise was great.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #36
El Diablo
Doom Patrol
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 8,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's cool, I get it. If I wasn't into statues, I'd probably be all in on everything too, to try to recreate a whole diverse arcade. As is, I'm just going for select few that are special to me.

Having a whole bunch on in attract mode is such a cool setting. Very relaxing - takes me back. lol

Microsoft put out "Game Room" software front end for 360, and you could 'buy' and populate your own arcade with cabinets, and walk around with your avatar. I liked doing that as much as actually playing the machines! Hearing an arcade full of background noise was great.
Yeah I remember that but never really got into it too much. Have you checked out NewRetroArcade: Neon? It's on steam you can build a virtual arcade and using the editor put any arcade machines you want in there, it does take some work setting up though (but you can download pre configured arcades). It's awesome though once set up the detail is amazing aswell as the arcade machines there's a bowling alley, skee ball, basketball punching machine even a home cinema which you can load films to. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Best of all you can play it in VR! it's like your in the ultimate arcade/man cave!
Best thing is to check out some YouTube vids of it
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #37
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Yeah I remember that but never really got into it too much. Have you checked out NewRetroArcade: Neon? It's on steam you can build a virtual arcade and using the editor put any arcade machines you want in there, it does take some work setting up though (but you can download pre configured arcades). It's awesome though once set up the detail is amazing aswell as the arcade machines there's a bowling alley, skee ball, basketball punching machine even a home cinema which you can load films to. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Best of all you can play it in VR! it's like your in the ultimate arcade/man cave!
Best thing is to check out some YouTube vids of it
Have not heard of that. Looks awesome! Thanks! I've never really gotten into Steam, though I created an account a while ago. Definitely interested. Looks like plenty of other people long for the arcade days...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #38
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Meant to post this update video a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Vg...umskullDesigns

Highlights:
-Cabs will remain in wood, NOT plastic
-Next three machines in order: Space Invaders, TMNT, Zoo Keeper
-New screens
-Hi scores will save from now on
-1:4 accessories planned
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #39
El Diablo
Doom Patrol
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: U.K.
Posts: 8,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Meant to post this update video a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Vg...umskullDesigns

Highlights:
-Cabs will remain in wood, NOT plastic
-Next three machines in order: Space Invaders, TMNT, Zoo Keeper
-New screens
-Hi scores will save from now on
-1:4 accessories planned
Not watched the video yet but good to hear they're keeping the wood and the hi score save should of been there from the start imo.
Space invaders and tmnt are cool but never heard of zoo keeper!
I just bought the bubble bobble cab in the black Friday sale I wasn't that bothered about it especially with the price but it turned out to be my favourite cab! Also finally got my 1:4 cabs on display will post some pics soon
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:56 PM   #40
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Not watched the video yet but good to hear they're keeping the wood and the hi score save should of been there from the start imo.
Space invaders and tmnt are cool but never heard of zoo keeper!
I just bought the bubble bobble cab in the black Friday sale I wasn't that bothered about it especially with the price but it turned out to be my favourite cab! Also finally got my 1:4 cabs on display will post some pics soon
Yeah, Zoo Keeper is surprising to me considering how niche it is. I thought maybe it was more popular on your side of the pond...but maybe not!

Looking forward to the pics!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com