Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2023, 08:47 PM   #11
Irenicus
The Spirit
 
Irenicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Boston
Posts: 332
Would be nice to see a dual version with Clark Kent as well.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:04 PM   #12
pdenham
Teen Titans
 
pdenham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indenial
Posts: 3,787
...and finally, the Batman-On-A-Gargoyle Award(tm) for conceptual imagination with an oft done property/character goes to-

"Stand apart", indeed.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:27 PM   #13
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Would be nice to see a dual version with Clark Kent as well.
I'd love to see that as well.

I have a CR life size arriving in couple days. Would pair nicely with this.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:11 PM   #14
Iko Iko
Fantomah
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
...and finally, the Batman-On-A-Gargoyle Award(tm) for conceptual imagination with an oft done property/character goes to-

"Stand apart", indeed.
I am a little confused at your statement. Have there been other 1/3 scale Christopher Reeve statues (besides maybe a custom) that I'm not thinking of? I know there have been several 1/4 scale so you are correct that the character isn't necessarily new in statue form but this scale will be a first.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #15
pdenham
Teen Titans
 
pdenham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indenial
Posts: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am a little confused at your statement. Have there been other 1/3 scale Christopher Reeve statues (besides maybe a custom) that I'm not thinking of? I know there have been several 1/4 scale so you are correct that the character isn't necessarily new in statue form but this scale will be a first.
I was referring only to the seeming need to keep representing this character with a crystal fortress environment, which is the most obvious, lazy, and least inspired choice I can think of (like sticking Batman on a gargoyle). And which I expect JND will be doing since it's in the backdrop as they are taking the product pics.

The positive side is, the base on all these JND piece are merely a perfunctory formality anyway.

If the figure and portrait are enticing enough, and I can get an order in, I can always scratch build something more Easter egg interesting later.
I would have loved to have seen it be indicative of the roof of the Planet with helicopter pad markings, or even the simple tile floor with part of the US map from Luthor's lair visible- especially if we ever, or never, get a Hackman Luthor to go with it.
There are a half dozen other themes I can think of, pulled directly from the film, that no one has ever done before. Would be refreshing to see some other scenes of that epic film referenced for a change.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:16 PM   #16
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch
Moderator
 
IcedDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
or even the simple tile floor with part of the US map from Luthor's lair visible
I like that idea...as long as there's an Otisburg easter egg
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:27 PM   #17
Iko Iko
Fantomah
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I was referring only to the seeming need to keep representing this character with a crystal fortress environment, which is the most obvious, lazy, and least inspired choice I can think of (like sticking Batman on a gargoyle). And which I expect JND will be doing since it's in the backdrop as they are taking the product pics.

The positive side is, the base on all these JND piece are merely a perfunctory formality anyway.

If the figure and portrait are enticing enough, and I can get an order in, I can always scratch build something more Easter egg interesting later.
I would have loved to have seen it be indicative of the roof of the Planet with helicopter pad markings, or even the simple tile floor with part of the US map from Luthor's lair visible- especially if we ever, or never, get a Hackman Luthor to go with it.
There are a half dozen other themes I can think of, pulled directly from the film, that no one has ever done before. Would be refreshing to see some other scenes of that epic film referenced for a change.
Got it. I guess we'll see if they go with the ice base (the picture they are taking could just be a backdrop).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:57 PM   #18
FETTFAN
The Herculoids
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am a little confused at your statement. Have there been other 1/3 scale Christopher Reeve statues (besides maybe a custom) that I'm not thinking of? I know there have been several 1/4 scale so you are correct that the character isn't necessarily new in statue form but this scale will be a first.
Cinemaquette did a one third CR Superman
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:49 PM   #19
pdenham
Teen Titans
 
pdenham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indenial
Posts: 3,787
Darkside has also teased a 1/3 as coming soon, though it"s been almost two years now.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 12:56 AM   #20
nearmint
Phoenix
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 12,456
JND did both Bale Batman and Bruce Wayne. Anyone think we're getting both Reeve Superman and Clark Kent?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com