Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-30-2023, 11:28 AM   #91
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I finally pulled the trigger and preordered Snape last night. Maybe it was because of FOMO or that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but the statue looks great!! I know the price is high and I am taking a chance, but I have high hopes for this statue and the design team.
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:06 PM   #92
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That's cool!
I agree it looks great, and I also have good faith in the creative team, especially the artists of Shumi Arts.

Now the waiting game starts. 2025 is still a long way to go, but as long as they can deliver the promise, it is warranted.
You can never rush a masterpiece!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:18 PM   #93
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Wildmad: You're not making too many friends. If you can, take it down a notch. Nobody has to post any pics or show proof or anything. Everyone is allowed to post their opinions regardless if they agree/disagree with yours. If you want to debate, don't be insulting please. Thanks in advance.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #94
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Wildmad: You're not making too many friends. If you can, take it down a notch. Nobody has to post any pics or show proof or anything. Everyone is allowed to post their opinions regardless if they agree/disagree with yours. If you want to debate, don't be insulting please. Thanks in advance.

Thank you, Mod!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:03 PM   #95
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I had been ignoring this thread, until I saw it had progressed to the next page count.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 08:52 PM   #96
wildmadshotgun
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Hey chief, i am just exposing those Frauds.Anyone not lying ,would show pics in 5 secs.Those guys are cons artist.I actually start to feel bad about them.
wildmadshotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:37 PM   #97
SavageOpress
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason0122 View Post
I finally pulled the trigger and preordered Snape last night. Maybe it was because of FOMO or that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but the statue looks great!! I know the price is high and I am taking a chance, but I have high hopes for this statue and the design team.
Congrats, it looks great!
SavageOpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:33 AM   #98
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
How are they superior when what is shown is a prototype? Come on now don?t be bias.

Objectively what JND has released on production as far as quality is above most other companies. Likeness can be improved, but there is no arguing quality.

You?re not getting that level from anything affiliated to Prime 1, they go too cheap with this stuff (mainly actor based statues) and polystone is a fail for that. Do not be surprised if this piece cheaps out even at this price tag. They already did when they decided to use polystone and no glass eyes, that is inferior and nowhere near premium.

And again I say beyond the likeness, the prototype does not look impressive at all, neither on paint job, the hair, or the eyes. Imagine how the production is going to look if the prototype looks mid.

There is a place for paying higher for in house produced pieces, but this is not it, it?s bad.
I guess you've never seen their 1/3 JH Predator in person? It's probably the best statue I've ever seen in all my years of collecting including customs.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 05:28 AM   #99
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I guess you've never seen their 1/3 JH Predator in person? It's probably the best statue I've ever seen in all my years of collecting including customs.
Cause you're a MEGA fan of Predator, I seen't it but I was not a fan of it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	craig-robinson-i-seent-it.gif
Views:	10
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	164513

It's very cool but I would not spend a cent on it cause I ain't a big fan of Predator.
If only JND would lower the prices, then it would be perfect
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 11:24 AM   #100
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason0122 View Post
Please give us a detailed review when you have it in hand. It will be highly anticipated.

Although I am not a huge fan of HP, I am a fan of Alan Rickman. This is an excellent representation of him.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote