Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2024, 12:31 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 21,407
OJ Simpson Dies at 76

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oj-simpson...ry?id=16354000
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:31 PM   #2
omigeo
The Tick
 
omigeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,622
May his soul RIP
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 7he N3rd R00/v\
Posts: 7,347
Loved watching him play when I was a kid. All things aside that occurred later in his life, I mourn his passing as a great athlete.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:40 PM   #4
SDguy
Moderator
Moderator
 
SDguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,642
Unfortunately no acquittal due to a ridiculous circus trial will dispel my view of him as a wife beater and murderer.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:20 PM   #5
Mister H
Ultimates
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 9,772
Maybe God will tell him who the “real” killer was.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:28 PM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,734
I watched the trial back in the day, as it aired day by day. It felt like the memory of those who lost their lives was over shadowed by what was going on the court room. I did not think much of judge, Lance Allan Ito, who at times seemed caught up in the attention associated with the case, all because a famous person was involved.

After the trial, i do not recall there being any news on what the police were going to do to attempt to catch the killer. It does not much working out as to why.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:55 PM   #7
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I watched the trial back in the day, as it aired day by day. It felt like the memory of those who lost their lives was over shadowed by what was going on the court room. I did not think much of judge, Lance Allan Ito, who at times seemed caught up in the attention associated with the case, all because a famous person was involved.

After the trial, i do not recall there being any news on what the police were going to do to attempt to catch the killer. It does not much working out as to why.
I also remember when the trial was on and watching it-people say that was one of the starts of reality TV.

I do agree I do not recall after the trial if there was even any talk of trying to find the real killer.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:33 PM   #8
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I also remember when the trial was on and watching it-people say that was one of the starts of reality TV.

I do agree I do not recall after the trial if there was even any talk of trying to find the real killer.
Because they already had him. That crap of the ?gloves don?t fit you must aquit ? when there was tons of video footage of him wearing them.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 06:34 PM   #9
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Unfortunately no acquittal due to a ridiculous circus trial will dispel my view of him as a wife beater and murderer.
Completely agree. I say good riddance.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 07:10 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order
 
NorthernLadMSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 26,572
Yeah, sorry, I don't feel bad that a murderer is gone.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com