Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #171
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not going to complain about any constructive feedback, I think it's a great thing and doesn't affect my opinion that this statue looks good (but is too expensive)

However, every time I read through a thread like this (or any Marvel or Star wars thread with similar discussions) I am left chuckling to myself at this widespread opinion that us Alien and Predator fans are overly demanding and somehow different to everybody else. Just an observation, do continue.....
So true.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #172
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I can't believe how picky you all are!
For the kind of money these pieces command you better believe it. Not to mention shipping and duties on top for international. You have to be picky with that kind of money.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:17 PM   #173
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Of course we're picky. This is big money we're spending. And for us international customers we have to figure in shipping costs and COD into it. For example the 1:5 Rexy bust cost me a total of $199 USD just for shipping and COD.

So with that in mind, I feel you need to be 100% satisfied when you order something and for a lot of us the Rotunda T-Rex is not satisfactory.

I'm not knocking Chronicle Collectibles. I love what they're doing and own the Breakout T-Rex and 1:5 Rexy Bust, both of which I absolutely love! I also have the Indominus statue pre-ordered and paid for.

I had avoided pre-ordering anything else until this piece was revealed. I was highly anticipating it and once I saw good quality high res pictures I was dissatisfied with the short neck and positioning of the head.

Pending changes made by CC, I'm turning the page on this and eagerly await what's next. Maybe I will order up the Sick Trike, Iron Studios Raptors in the Kitchen or a Prime 1 JP Velociraptor. Not to mention we have another Rotunda Rex coming from P1, and a Spinosaurus standing over the airplane wreckage. To much other good stuff to lament over this.

To anyone who does order it, I hope you like it and even if I don't I'll still really be looking forward to sharing in your excitement and seeing pics of it on display.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:46 AM   #174
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
What a daft comment! Have you seen the price of this stuff? Then there's shipping, import fees etc, not to mention the fact that CC have screwed up the paint job on all of their female Rex releases!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #175
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
No Iron Studios Rex diorama?
Nope. I was close to pulling the trigger. The Prime 1 T-rex won that contest.
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #176
Z71man14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm not going to complain about any constructive feedback, I think it's a great thing and doesn't affect my opinion that this statue looks good (but is too expensive)

However, every time I read through a thread like this (or any Marvel or Star wars thread with similar discussions) I am left chuckling to myself at this widespread opinion that us Alien and Predator fans are overly demanding and somehow different to everybody else. Just an observation, do continue.....
Maybe being a Predator fan has ruined me too . This guy is one of my favorites and is surrounded by Jurassic Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_194626.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	117916  
Z71man14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #177
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
What a daft comment! Have you seen the price of this stuff? Then there's shipping, import fees etc, not to mention the fact that CC have screwed up the paint job on all of their female Rex releases!
Don't feed the I can't believe how picky you are troll. They pop up from time to time.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #178
Steve evans
The Spirit

The last thing any collector wants, after splashing loads of hard earned cash, is to be looking at their statue knowing it has flaws.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #179
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Don't feed the I can't believe how picky you are troll. They pop up from time to time.
Cant you take a joke? Can't you have a laugh? The trolls aren't always on the 'outside'.

I'm forever in your debt for pointing out that statues are expensive. I have spent thousands on statues from Sideshow/Weta and now just Weta. I spent £666 on the Mouth of Sauron and would love the Iron Studios t-Rex diorama which is £2000 straight up, probably rising to £3000 after shipping and taxes, so don't try that one miladdo.

I'm not buying any CC products because of the shipping, taxes and previous issues, but I would if I could as the rotunda Rex looks brilliant. Neck not long enough? F***'off! If you're not sure about spending your precious money on it, then don't! I think many of you are being far too picky.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #180
Python
Omega Red

This is up on Sideshow..

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-904084/
Python is offline   Reply With Quote