Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2018, 01:20 AM   #1911
NamesJay
The Spirit

One of the more beautiful statues and unique poses I have seen lately, but I can't pull the trigger because I don't think she will keep the pose.

Ever since my Purgatori broke I am very skeptical about large parts held together by magnets or weight being held up flimsily.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:48 AM   #1912
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
One of the more beautiful statues and unique poses I have seen lately, but I can't pull the trigger because I don't think she will keep the pose.

Ever since my Purgatori broke I am very skeptical about large parts held together by magnets or weight being held up flimsily.
I'm a bit cautious on this one, especially since they didn't have a structural solution at the convention where the statue failed and they had to remove it from the floor... That's never good...

And SS doesn't have the best tract record when it comes to structural engineering of some of their statues over the long run..

The other issue is the Danger Room base, as a stand alone it's fine but it doesn't blend in well with my other X-Men statues...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:10 AM   #1913
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post

Wings fell off? I have Purgatori as well. The magnet is strong but when it arrived one of the wing tips was cracked/bent i was able to glue it but seeing so many reports about the wings i was cautious.

I hope that they come up with another way that Rogue will hold up over time. I have this on pre-order hopefully later down the road i wont regret it.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:40 AM   #1914
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

yeah the whole engineering thing has us all a bit worried. Waiting for in hand pics and an engineering breakdown on SS live. I dont need the EX so waiting isnt an issue, there will be plenty reg left.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #1915
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
yeah the whole engineering thing has us all a bit worried. Waiting for in hand pics and an engineering breakdown on SS live. I dont need the EX so waiting isnt an issue, there will be plenty reg left.
+1

I'll wait for the in hand pic's. If the EX has sold out by then, then it's not a problem, as the Reg looks best. The new Catwoman is different, as i want the EX but want to wait for the in hand pic's to surface, given how the previous two Wonder Woman came out.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #1916
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

Rogue, I am leaning your way.
And...
She looks awesome!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:19 PM   #1917
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I share here the answer from SS Alex to my question about the engineering of the Rogue maquette concerning the stability of the piece after an extended period of time or even a short one :

Quote:
Please know that even after the 30 day window, collectors are always welcomed (and never discouraged) to reach out about their collectible if an issue has arisen to our Customers Service team. They are there to help as best they can.

Since I haven't seen a final production piece of Rogue yet (and looking at her currently estimated shipping time frame, that production piece would be estimated to be in house sometime between April - June if she remains on track) then I cannot speak to what the final engineering breakdown is. But as I stated in another answer above in regards to stability/engineering, the team that handles the journey of these pieces from prototype to final in hand pieces take the engineering very seriously, so materials used, the way it's put together, the way it should balance, longevity, etc. are carefully/thoughtfully done.

Please, of course, feel free to hold on placing an order for any piece until you find out the details you seek. So in the case of Rogue if you or anyone else want to start asking about it sometime between April - June, please do so!

I'd like to know what people think of that answer, because I find myself quite confused right now...

We still have no proof, I bought Magneto which seems very solid with a large metal peg to support his entire body, so I'm quite confident with this piece. And I'd like to feel the same way with Rogue but what scares me is her tiny little wrist as the only support for her entire body and there is no way you can put a large metal peg inside it.

Just in case, is there someone reading this post that have extended knowledge about this kind of things who could reassured me by telling me solutions exist for this kind of problem... one who is not involving a full lighter plastic rogue body for a $715 maquette
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #1918
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

That 30 day window is pretty much only for immediately known problems, not for long term engineering issues.

For example leans might not occur for months if not years later, by which time the 30 days is long gone and entirely useless in these cases.

Sideshow knows this, and in the event something does unfortunately occur to an entire run of pieces, they’ll probably wash their hands of it, as they have so many pieces being produced and collected at any one time, one piece isn’t really going to hurt their ‘current reputation’.

If this were any other type of consumer retail goods, some sort of guarantee warranty should be provided, but for whatever reason, statues and artwork of this type seem to be exempt from this everyday requirement.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #1919
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Take number of known statues known for leaning in the past 5 years of SS production, divide that by the number of statues SS has produced. Multiple by a 100 and thats your chance that your statue will lean.

If you can't have faith at least have statistics i guess?
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #1920
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Take number of known statues known for leaning in the past 5 years of SS production, divide that by the number of statues SS has produced. Multiple by a 100 and thats your chance that your statue will lean.

If you can't have faith at least have statistics i guess?
Statistics don't mean anything if it's your statue with the problem....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote