StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #891
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
For anybody wondering, you *can* fit her and Superman on the same shelf in a Detolf (I have super thick shelves held in place by u-bolts... I would not recommend putting both on a standard Detolf shelf).
I think youíd be surprised what the standard Detolf shelf can hold. Iíve had statues that weigh around 20lbs in mine for years, never had a problem. Over the years otherís here have done the same thing, same results. The only time Iíve seen a Detolf fail is when the internal frame was installed backwards. I would say, just to be safe, doubling up on the glass shelf if youíre going that heavy though.
Hellboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:13 PM   #892
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator

Hellboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #893
Mammal
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think youíd be surprised what the standard Detolf shelf can hold. Iíve had statues that weigh around 20lbs in mine for years, never had a problem. Over the years otherís here have done the same thing, same results. The only time Iíve seen a Detolf fail is when the internal frame was installed backwards. I would say, just to be safe, doubling up on the glass shelf if youíre going that heavy though.
I have seen that. Iím not worried at all about the glass breaking, but if one of the little welded points on the horizontal slats gives way, it would lead to the shelf collapsing.

For Tweeterhead stuff, the horizontal slats are too close anyway. Iíve got my shelves set at custom levels using U-Bolts.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote