Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #4241
johnclone
The Enchantress

Wow, so it's Aaron. Admittedly, I'm terrible with names, but only until the character becomes important to me, then it becomes very easy to recall a name. He lost an arm, I think they did that to try and get people to see him in a new way. Because up till now I think the word that best describes the character (not the actor) is boring. And think about it, the dude is so calm all the time. You are living in a post zombie apocalypse. I'd think it would be impossible to be so calm.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #4242
off
The X-Men

What a snorefest. This season just continues to suck.

The Judith/Neegan thing is weird.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #4243
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm surprised that they actually killed off Jesus. I thought that was going to be a fake out.

The writing is still improving and I like the new characters, but losing more of the established characters is starting to ruin my enjoyment. I get that it's an ongoing horror story where nobody is safe... I get that this is a remix of the comics and they fold characters/storylines as needed. The creators are doing the best they can with the cards they're given, so I'll continue to try and roll with them.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #4244
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm in the minority I know but I am loving the fact they got rid of Carl and Rick and even Maggie. I like that it is getting more of a horror vibe to it and less of a drama/soap opera that happens to have Zombies in it. I think it needed this refreshing restart. The Rick story of internal struggle and making boneheaded decisions rinse and repeat was getting tiresome to me.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #4245
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I'm in the minority I know but I am loving the fact they got rid of Carl and Rick and even Maggie. I like that it is getting more of a horror vibe to it and less of a drama/soap opera that happens to have Zombies in it. I think it needed this refreshing restart. The Rick story of internal struggle and making boneheaded decisions rinse and repeat was getting tiresome to me.
So it’s going back to more of a horror vibe huh? May have to check it out again.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #4246
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
So it’s going back to more of a horror vibe huh? May have to check it out again.
Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly Texas Chainsaw Massacre or anything but at least it isn't "Days of our Lives" either or at least not as much. IMO
Old 02-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #4247
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly Texas Chainsaw Massacre or anything but at least it isn't "Days of our Lives" either or at least not as much. IMO
Except when they introduce a love (quadrangle?) and unexpected pregnancy involving unrequited love, a priest, and a *fun* buddy. (I had to go there....I still love the show)
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:35 AM   #4248
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylover View Post
Except when they introduce a love (quadrangle?) and unexpected pregnancy involving unrequited love, a priest, and a *fun* buddy. (I had to go there....I still love the show)
In my defense I did say "at least not as much...."

but I take your point. I think I was more getting tired over the moral conscience and hand wringing over what kind of world we are creating and the premenstrual emotionalism of Rick than I was of the relationship elements. But as I said I know I am in the minority on this.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #4249
off
The X-Men

So Alpha waltzes up to the gate, Daryl knows she's a piece of sh*t, put an arrow in her head, easy peazy.

Whisper War is over before it begins.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #4250
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
So Alpha waltzes up to the gate, Daryl knows she's a piece of sh*t, put an arrow in her head, easy peazy.

Whisper War is over before it begins.
Haha. Exactly. Look, we know that these whisperererers killed a guy with absolutely no provocation. So obviously they're not looking to be buddies and most likely will kill someone else. So they saunter up to your main gate, right out in the open, wearing their slipknot masks, and just stand there, why oh why wouldn't you just shoot them all right there?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote