Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #61
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
This is worse than the Chun-Li disaster and this is a proto

Between SDCC and NYCC, it actually got worse. How is that even possible?

Omg. Chun-li is more beautiful even with the original factory make up Why is sakura's head so big. looks really weird.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #62
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
Sakura ranked #1 on Capcom's official popularity poll. She is definitely one of the most popular characters.

This statue does not do any justice to this character.
#1?? She's more popular then Ryu....no way!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:34 AM   #63
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
#1?? She's more popular then Ryu....no way!
Shocking for me too, but that is it, tastes. Strange because for me is really irrelevant character in a level that I would not want for free. I tought that ken, Akuma, Cammy, which i do not like as well, Chun li, even Sagat and Bison would be in front of her.

About the sculture, I think all have been said.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #64
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Omg. Chun-li is more beautiful even with the original factory make up Why is sakura's head so big. looks really weird.
Yeah, that first Picture was pretty scary looking. Also I always enjoyed how the original Chun's defects just kinda slipped through the QC back in the day and into the hands of the customer. Her eyes were priceless.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #65
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
Sakura ranked #1 on Capcom's official popularity poll. She is definitely one of the most popular characters.

This statue does not do any justice to this character.
Those people voting on polls like that aren't dropping $500-1k on statues.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #66
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

There's a certain kind of mentality that goes with those polls that makes it inaccurate.

If someone asks you who's your favorite character, a lot of people feel that's their chance to give the most hipster cool answer they can think of. No one is going to say Ryu because that's a boring answer and very "unoriginal", not because that's not their favorite character. That has always been the case, in Kindergarten a teacher would tell you to come up with something better if that was your answer.

That being said, that poll results isn't bad, lots of wierdos made it high up, which wouldn't happen if it were actually based on popularity.

--
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #67
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Most polls are questionable at best, and utter garbage at worst.

Problem is, the polls either aren't specific in their directions, or the respondents may have ulterior motives, and yet still, some may exhibit unintentional bias.

This poll from several years ago asked which SF characters 'stood out most to you as a player'. Capcom then stated "Your opinions are important to us as this info here will help with future games, marketing, and licensing opportunities so please be honest in your answers." A lot of potential for skewed answers here.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...pularity-poll/

Capcom ran a worldwide 'Character Popularity Poll' about a year ago. "Popularity" being very vague. You like their design/appearance? Play style? Martial art? Tier level? The first poll mentioned the potential for it's data to be used for marketing, but this one doesn't. Potential for votes to be skewed towards characters wanted for DLC. I'd bet #1,2,4,5,7 got there with that partially in mind.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/vote/

Finally, actual character usage stats per month (September 2018 chosen) for Street Fighter V. Amazing how low Blanka and Sakura are for being so popular in the previous poll, huh? Now obviously tier (or 'perceived tier', imo) plays a factor here. Ryu hasn't been considered high tier since season 1, but he's always high. People claim they want 'new' characters, but familiarity reigns for character usage.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats/usagerate?lang=en

Of course, do any of these matter for this thread? This hobby? Of which character(s) do people say they'll buy the most product? That's the question. And who actually moves the most merchandise? Sales data only Capcom have, probably.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #68
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

People use Ryu and the other shotos because they are literally baby mode. Ryu could be absolute bottom tier (and he is in SFV right now), but they will still use him. Why? Because he's insanely easy to play.

Ryu is a boring character, I wouldn't be surprised if you asked some people that and that was their response. They're not going to say Ryu isn't their favorite because it's "hipster", it's because that's exactly what he is. What is there to Ryu? He's just some cliche vagabond with a dirty old gi.
There are A LOT of characters better than Ryu, but because he's the poster boy and Street Fighter 1/2 original, he gets that privilege.

Sakura has lower usage in SFV because she's not only harder to play, but also bottom tier as well. In SFV, you will find that people will gravitate to high tier characters (outside of Ryu and Ken obviously). G for example is a brand new character, but he's seeing great usage because he's good and fun to play.

I don't doubt Sakura is popular, these polls are held across the world. I'm pretty sure the bums fighting in gis aren't going to be top pick for actual favorite characters, they're just very familiar for people to play with.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #69
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sakura may be a known character, but to be as popular as the 3 pillars (ryu,ken,chun li) is a bit surprising.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #70
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

As an avid player of SFV, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the majority of the people voting saw it as "who do you want as the next DLC character" rather than an actual popularity poll. The one they did in 2013 is far more accurate as a popularity poll.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote