Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #21
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSE View Post
Potential Spoiler.....

I just read that Wally is actually the murderer in HiC. He snapped from the recent loss of his family yet again in the Flash War story and killed everyone at Sanctuary. Absolutely horrendous storytelling, and if this is true, I will never buy another DC comic.
Tough to say, it could just be another red herring due to the Poison Ivy cover for Issue 7.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #22
Gothamite
Phoenix

Old 01-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #23
protector2814
Phoenix

OK, I'll give the art in this book an A+, it's gorgeous. But now I'm 4 issues deep, a little more than $16 in, & I'm not even sure what the hell is going on. I'm going to have to back & re-read again. Anyone else think this is turning out to be something of a hot mess? Tom King is an extremely hot & cold writer.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

This latest issue was really good.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ryline-1172657

"In doing so, it fits with another theme of the issue, and of Heroes in Crisis as a whole: That the iconic heroes — Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, DC’s most iconic heroes — are as fallible and flawed as anyone. The reveal of Sanctuary’s existence is something that Batman refuses to accept, because it means his planning wasn’t airtight; Wonder Woman’s frustration over the stymied murder investigation leads her to destroy parts of the Batcave in anger, and Superman’s desire to be fair to everyone pushes him into inaction and uncertainty."
Old 01-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #25
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Just how many times Batman' plans have to back fire for him to understand that he makes mistakes sometimes ? lol Batman should have known by now that he makes mistakes lol but it seems writers don't follow other writers so they all think they are the one who makes Batman make a mistake for the first time....lol so he acts like every mistake is his first mistake.... lol it started to get annoying. lol

Same goes for Breaking the Batman as well... so many writters are like oh... This villain is so vicious and dangerous he breakes Batman... mentally, phisicly or etc... Batman is broken now... wow Batman is ----ed... lol And ofcourse Batman recovers from that lol Villains only interested in breaking the Batman, they never want to just kill him lol they break him... he recovers, on the process looks all the more heroic for the morons of the earth...

I can't believe this, who buys in to these craps................
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #26
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This latest issue was really good.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ryline-1172657

"In doing so, it fits with another theme of the issue, and of Heroes in Crisis as a whole: That the iconic heroes — Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, DC’s most iconic heroes — are as fallible and flawed as anyone. The reveal of Sanctuary’s existence is something that Batman refuses to accept, because it means his planning wasn’t airtight; Wonder Woman’s frustration over the stymied murder investigation leads her to destroy parts of the Batcave in anger, and Superman’s desire to be fair to everyone pushes him into inaction and uncertainty."
Sure, & I am getting this, but it seems to be an awful lot of change for "change" sake, & the change is more than a little tough to follow, at least for me. Lines are blurred & I'm just having a tough time following. Like I mentioned, this weekend I'm going to re-read the 1st 4 issues & see if it cleans-up for me. King takes chances, both this & his recent Mr. Miracle testify to that, but w/ his Vision, a few years back, I fell in love with his straight-up storytelling.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #27
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Sure, & I am getting this, but it seems to be an awful lot of change for "change" sake, & the change is more than a little tough to follow, at least for me. Lines are blurred & I'm just having a tough time following. Like I mentioned, this weekend I'm going to re-read the 1st 4 issues & see if it cleans-up for me. King takes chances, both this & his recent Mr. Miracle testify to that, but w/ his Vision, a few years back, I fell in love with his straight-up storytelling.
I like it so far. I'm enjoying it on its own, even though other series reference it. I'm more intrigued by who's leaking the confessions than the identity of the actual murderer.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:57 AM   #28
Gothamite
Phoenix

Issue 5

Old 01-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #29
Gothamite
Phoenix

Btw, Booster Gold made an impt discovery about Wally West in the newest issue.

Spoiler

The Wally who died was time-displaced.

Also, in Flash Annual 2, we find out that someone has a vendetta against all speedsters.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #30
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Almost everyone hates this crap... why it's here and discused is beyond me when there's doomsday clock, the actual, event of events. I haven't read both yet (trade waiter) but i don't like how they redeemed Harley Quinn as well... She is a psycho and now, she is a hero ? lol even if i haven't read it, i know i also won't like it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote