Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Same here. Hopefully it'll at least pull a Venom (currently 29% on the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer, but a 84% of positive reactions amongst the audience).
Yeah, and foreign box office will be critical. Not sure how Asia will respond to Alita.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #12
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Up for preorder now on Sideshow. $251 Shipping Oct - Dec 2019

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #13
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The eyes seem off.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #14
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I really want this, but isn't 10.5 inches a little small for a 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure? I get that the character is smaller, but she's sooo tiny that it's hard to swallow that price tag. I also wish they had made her body a little sexier, or given her the pre-berserker body instead, but that's nitpicking.

Edit: Nevermind, read a little more about this figure, with its movable eyeballs, and now I'm convinced I must have it.

Question for you all...this will be my first Hot Toys piece, so I'm wondering, what's Hot Toys' track record for quality of production piece vs. prototype? Is her face likely to retain the details I see in the photos?
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I think most female figures from Hot Toys are around 11 inches tall, so Alita being 10.5 really isn't an issue. I'd argue it's also technically accurate as I recall a few instances in the comics where her short stature was brought up by someone.

As for quality, it's really hard to tell these days. I can tell you the Berserker body and the outfit tailoring are going to be top notch, but the face is going to be hit or miss. With Alita, it's going to be very important for the face and eyes to match the quality of the prototype. That being said, we're going to get something that ends up being really close to it or something like this...

This is the prototype Black Panther sculpt versus the actual production piece that just came out... it almost looks like a cheap bootleg in comparison.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. Just look at in hand pictures of the Dr. Strange and Yondu figures if you want to see some good examples of Hot Toys figures that look near identical to the brilliant prototypes.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:04 AM   #16
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got to see an early 3D showing of the movie tonight, which was fun despite being seated next to the usual popcorn pig on the right and fidget boy on the left. Overall, it was quite strong! The dialogue could have used more development in certain areas, and it's not a perfect film, but very memorable nonetheless. I seriously wish they would use CG Alita as a virtual celebrity and cast her in other, unrelated movies. She was that good.

Edit: Medusoid, I have to be honest, I looked up videos of that Black Panther figure, and despite some naysayers, I feel like the production head looks phenomenal, and not like that pic on the right at all. The prototype has slightly more detailed skin and darker hair, but that's about it. Kind of gives me more confidence in Alita...but yeah, Doctor Strange and Yondu are home runs, to be sure.
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #17
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Watched it twice now both times on Dolby 3D which is the best 3D system since there is no loss of light. I really wish this movie was more popular as I would have love to have the "doll" body configuration in either Hot Toys figure or a statue. Even a Hot Toys Power Pose would have been cool. The design work of the doll body is amazing.

Already preordered the Hot Toys Alita. Tempted to buy a second and this figure looks great with and without the outfit.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:19 AM   #18
biomanz
Doh!

Too bad Imax 3d is no longer available, but Century 3d is decent with a slightly darker picture. Loved the movie, and preordered this. Hoping the movie reaches $400m
biomanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #19
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I've heard that they have Alita on display at SDCC. Does anyone have any pics?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #20
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I would buy this if they did an alternate Manga head sculpt. Lets hope another 1:6 scale company makes that happen for me.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote