Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 01-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #351
FROBAY
Phoenix

If you ordered this from BBTS you may want to email them when the shipping time comes. BBTS will remove the EFX Shipping carton and put the shield and styrofoam in there own brown box.

They always do this with Sideshow and EFX products. Bugs the hell out of me.

Just FYI
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #352
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
If you ordered this from BBTS you may want to email them when the shipping time comes. BBTS will remove the EFX Shipping carton and put the shield and styrofoam in there own brown box.

They always do this with Sideshow and EFX products. Bugs the hell out of me.

Just FYI
That is bush league. You get yours yet bro? IIRC you did the full pay as well.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #353
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Have to admit it does look pretty cool (thanks for all the pics and comments guys)
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #354
FROBAY
Phoenix

No pics. I just opened mine (#111) and I'm very pleased with it. It's not perfect and where the paint rings meet is a bit tacky but you have to look real close, but it's in the groove and doesn't stand out. That said, its a keeper. Impressive weight, it's not light. Packaging is fantastic. The gong bag adds a lot of class. Straps look real good and seems solid but I wouldn't run around the neighborhood with it.

The shield quality and paint is much better than the older Museum Replicas Models. So, it's a definite upgrade.

Downside for me is no stand.

No room to display until I move soon, so this was just an inspection.

Looking forward to in hand comparison with the King Arts shield.

Last edited by FROBAY; 01-25-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:41 AM   #355
BruinRogue
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
No pics. I just opened mine (#111) and I'm very pleased with it. It's not perfect and where the paint rings meet is a bit tacky but you have to look real close, but it's in the groove and doesn't stand out. That said, its a keeper. Impressive weight, it's not light. Packaging is fantastic. The gong bag adds a lot of class. Straps look real good and seems solid but I wouldn't run around the neighborhood with it.

The shield quality and paint is much better than the older Museum Replicas Models. So, it's a definite upgrade.

Downside for me is no stand.

No room to display until I move soon, so this was just an inspection.

Looking forward to in hand comparison with the King Arts shield.
I was thinking the same too. I have an old adjustable guitar stand in my garage that might do the trick. It won't look as good as the KA pedestal but it might actually be more compact.
BruinRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #356
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinRogue View Post
I was thinking the same too. I have an old adjustable guitar stand in my garage that might do the trick. It won't look as good as the KA pedestal but it might actually be more compact.
That is an awesome, and economical, idea. I think I will do the same as I don't love the wall mount and imagine I will want to handle it a bunch before it finds a permanent home.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #357
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

For international customers- Just got an e-mail from eFX offering to wait/time shipping until the day of the week on which FedEx offers a discounted rate for your country. I guess every week, depending on loads they offer a steep price cut to certain areas. I went for it with the caveat that my shield is to be shipped no later than Friday. As badly as I want my shield, if I can save a few bucks I should.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #358
BruinRogue
Frackin!

So much for UPS delivery today. Still stuck on "Order Processed: Ready for UPS".
BruinRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #359
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Captain America shield is amazing. What is more amazing was Bryan from eFX calling me in Canada, twice, to confirm my info after my own screw up. Got my shield in 24 hours at a sweet rate as a result. Unparalleled customer service IMHO.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #360
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Captain America shield is amazing. What is more amazing was Bryan from eFX calling me in Canada, twice, to confirm my info after my own screw up. Got my shield in 24 hours at a sweet rate as a result. Unparalleled customer service IMHO.
Glad you like it