Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
There's a difference between a negative comment and a rude comment IMO. I would argue that neither is necessary in a thread like this when a fellow collector is showing off their new pride and joy. Got nothing nice to say, then why not just move along. It's not constructive criticism on the piece that the artist will see. It's a pointless slam on a piece that the collector has already bought. If we're looking at a piece that's been announced and offering our criticisms, that's typical negative feedback and par for the course. If it's someone posting a recent purchase, it's a rude comment that isn't necessary for the type of thread we're in. That's my opinion on this.
That's the reason I don't post many pics on this forum.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Congrats Mario , this piece as all silicone cm pieces are pretty hard to capture what you see in person, granted , the likenesses on them are not perfect and I for one don't understand why as hot toys are amazing, but they are really great pieces not only in the right size (for me )1/3 scale but in overall detail . Again congrats buddy
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #23
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
There's a difference between a negative comment and a rude comment IMO. I would argue that neither is necessary in a thread like this when a fellow collector is showing off their new pride and joy. Got nothing nice to say, then why not just move along. It's not constructive criticism on the piece that the artist will see. It's a pointless slam on a piece that the collector has already bought. If we're looking at a piece that's been announced and offering our criticisms, that's typical negative feedback and par for the course. If it's someone posting a recent purchase, it's a rude comment that isn't necessary for the type of thread we're in. That's my opinion on this.
Fair point, but if a thread is created purely to show off a recent purchase, I'd suggest the appropriate place is the Collections section. Posting it under the CM section opens the door for comments regarding CM (both good and bad, I agree about the rudeness).
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Hey guys I really appreciate the comments. Yea it goes both ways. Some pople dont like it n some do. Its not everyones cup of tea anyways...but I m grateful owning him finally. I cant wait to see reeve bust or something. Again the silicone head is very hard to capture its likeness on camera..I guess the shinines make it skinnier. But I m planning to tan him a bit more so he looks more real. Tats what I wud do..
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Bybthe way check my new review of the alien cinemaquette giys...its undwr the new thread..
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Great statue and thanks for posting the pictures.

I actually saw this piece in person and those pictures do not do it justice.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

This..looks..terrible

How cinemaquette is still in business I'll never know
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote