Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #6521
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Any chance for a new henry cavill bvs or justice league superman pf and a hardy bane?
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #6522
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Hey Alex. Can you poke around a bit again about an eu warehouse? If all the smaller companies can have this ... would help your EU fans a lot.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #6523
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hi Alex, re the awesome looking Terminator Rebel PF, can you confirm if this will be part of a line or if it will have any companion pieces? For example, are there plans to do mythos statues from other sci fi franchises like Aliens, Predator, etc. A bunch of female statues like this would look great together.
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #6524
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Hey Alex, thank you for answering our questions. I recall seeing on SS live a few weeks ago that you guys were working on a DC vs piece. When will you be making it official, announcing it, previewing it, displaying it, etc?

Also, I saw that the Iron Studios Black Panther 1/10 scale diorama is being carried by you guys. Is this an indicator that you guys will be carrying all their products regardless of scale? If not, what determines if you'll carry certain 1/10 or 1/6 products but not others?? (Batman v Bane, but not Superman v Doomsday; Black Panther diorama, but not Thor Ragnarok v Hulk or Spiderman dioramas, etc)
The next VS piece COULD be unveiled in the next several months. *fingers crossed*

As for Iron Studios 1/10 scale items, we will carry what we're able to carry. Some items have region restrictions due to their license, so not everything is available for Sideshow to distribute at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Kind of a random question here.

How do you think Sideshow will deal with the nudity of a statue that they'll probably sell on the website? At the recent Wonderfest convention in Japan, Prime1 revealed a popular character from the Berserk franchise who was very well received by fans (Slan). But it's a female character whose design is based on being topless and completely bottomless (she has a mid riff vest on, and that's it).

I was just wondering, since this is a character from a line of statues SS sells on the website, will photographs of her be blurred or maybe even given a black censor box? Or would SS take their own photos that specifically angled all the nudity out? At the convention, Prime1 put single black feathers on her chest and crotch areas. But those feathers were noted as not being a part of the statue's accessories, and were only put there to hide the (frontal) nudity from the underage convention onlookers (her bare rear was still on full display).

Would SS just re-use any official display photo's Prime1 supplied them? Would SS edit said display photo's if they had nudity? Or would SS simply take their own photo's for their own website?

Just curious =)

Thanks!
Looks like this answer was basically answered with the recent release of this item on Pre-Order. We used to the photos that Prime 1 Studio provided us for our website, emails, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Hi Alex, now that the edition size for the exclusive Danger Girl Abbey Chase is set, are there plans to produce the other Danger Girls?
I'm not in the know for this line as to whether there are more pieces coming or not. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex, i know this is not really your deparment but do you know if theres any chance- ANY, the lion-o statue will be reworked at all? the reception has not been great for this piece and as a thundercats fan myself and someone who was ready to support this line 100% the lion-o statue has me questioning even getting mumm-ra despite how fantastic he looks because i will be passing on the main hero

thats where a lot of people are unfortunately, is there any chance lion-o will be reworked for the sake of keeping people interested and saving the line?
Lion-O will not be getting any changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Will the COTD Angels & Demons line be revealed this year, maybe SDCC ?

Thanks.
There might be one new Court piece to unveil during SDCC this year but it is neither a demon or angel character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Alex. You are, my fire. My one, Desire.

But on a serious note. Thank you for all the info
You are my huckleberry? ;-)

Seriously though, Thank you for the kind words and thanks. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Hi Alex. Thank you as usual for answering our questions.
Please come back more often. It’s great to have you helping us all out.

Is this line dead? Will you ever continue the Legendary Bust Line for Marvel. More specifically X-Men?
There are so many characters I think could be great additions to this line. Maybe make limited runs, no exclusive. Please pass this on if you can. These are so cool in my opinion. It would be sad if we don’t ever see some of my favorites in this form. Nightcrawler, Mr.Sinister, Juggernaut. Think about how cool that would be. I’d be very happy. Thanks a lot for reading.

Also when will we get an edition size for the magneto maquette?
Lastly can we get an estimate for Wolverine Lifesize bust?!
There are currently no plans for more Legendary Scale Busts for Marvel at this time but that could always change in the future!

More than likely you've seen that Magneto has a 1250 edition size for the Exclusive.

The Wolverine Life-Size Bust should have it's grand unveiling during our online SDCC event. That event begins on July 1st!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Whats the next event/con SS will be attending?Thanks
Sideshow's next event/con will be SDCC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslick32 View Post
Hi Alex. Thanks for sharing information with us. I hope that you can relay the message to the creative team that a good number of collectors prefer the new Wonder Woman Premium Format statue not to have a keyed sword and shield. The collectors can easily hang the strap across the body and the hair can help keep the sword and shield in place based on the prototype pictures that I've seen.

Giving collectors the option to display the statue with or without the sword and shield will be a great bonus that will make a lot of collectors very happy including myself. Mr. Harbottle's sculpt of the back muscles looked so nice on Sideshow's Instagram page that I do not want to cover it up when I display the statue. Remember, happy customers = more sales for Sideshow.
That's been passed along. Unfortunately with this item already in production the likely hood of such a change it mighty slim as the items is already engineered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex

Just saw the 1/6 scale Jabba the Hutt. Very nice! Any chance to pass on to the team about a possible 1/4 Jabba Premium Format? I feel like he and Wicket the Ewok and Empire Yoda and Bounty Hunters should get the Premium Format treatment!

Thanks!
A 1/4 Jabba would be HUGE! Though I can't say it would never happen, there is a very small chance it would at that size.

I know I'd love to see some Ewoks and Bounty Hunters get some PF love in the future! I don't know that they will but I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Since it looks like Classic Evil-Lyn will be released soon, is there any info when the next Masters of the Universe statue will be revealed?
Sorry, I have no news about future Masters of the Universe items at this time.

Quote:
Hello Alex,

I feel like the star wars line 1/4 scale or "larger statue" stuff has become very safe and consistent. Is there any plans to return to other canon content or mythos esque stuff instead of just film pieces?
Like my comment about Ewoks and Bounty hunters above, I'd also love it if Sideshow could revisit mythos statues again. Perhaps one day darnit!

Currently focus is on classic cannon at this point in time for the larger scale items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex,

Please, could you tell meif the throne of Jabba the Hutt is in PVC or polystone resin? And Jabba, it is in PVC or polystone resin too?

Thank you so much.
The final breakdown of materials for Jabba is not 100% locked in as it's still in the earlier stages of production. The only info I have regarding the piece at this time is that it will be mixture of various materials that are TBD. I'll have a much more locked in material list from our production team in a few months.

Quote:
Hi Alex,

Also, with the new miles morales spiderman, can you let us know if that venom tendril touching his leg is actually weight baring or supportive? Or was it just a design choice to have it almost grabbing him?>

THANK YOU.
That tendril is a more supportive part of the piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Alex, can you confirm why authorized dealers had to cancel their pre-orders of the Prime One Hush Superman with Sideshow? I am hearing conflicting reasons and would appreciate a response from the source.
Unfortunately I'm not privy to information outside of the retail side of Sideshow, so I do not know why orders for any items would be cancelled and such. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hello there, Alex!
What is the chance of seeing a x force Deadpool life size bust in the near future?! The new Deadpool trailer made me tear up, and now I need a xforce Deadpool in my life! Thanks in advance!!!
Can't say that's not a possibility but I'm not really sure if there is one coming or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisthenics View Post
Princess Leia PF!!?
Friday, May 4th! Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
SideshowAlex, why you don't produce Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III in the Premium Format Figure line?

We have a entirely new iteration by Hot Toys now :

What's your reaction about this new project lead by Hot Toys?

Sideshow artisans hates prelogy?
Hot Toy's Obi-Wan Kenobi is fantastic! Myself and all at Sideshow love Hot Toys' pieces!

I wouldn't assume that there's a hate for the prequels here at Sideshow as you've probably seen that quite a few prequel characters have been made in the past (Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, Grievous, Anakin, etc.). In the end there's just so much bandwidth to focus on each license. A prequel Obi-Wan isn't out of the question for the future even if it's not in the planning currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
What’s going on with the Star Wars Premium Format line? It’s strange to get zero Last Jedi PFs, especially since an old Luke Skywalker appears in the movie.

Old Han Solo and Luke Skywalker statues seem like sure-fire best-sellers. Is Sideshow still planning to continue the Star Wars PF series?
The focus is on classic canon at this point in time, so I wouldn't say the PF line isn't continuing as it most certainly is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Hey Alex,

is there a chance for a Hardy Bane to go with the dark knight statue?
Sorry but there are no placed for a Bane movie collectible at this time. Always possible that could change in the future of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Hey Alex,

Will we get any new X-Men reveals before SDCC hits?
Hope ya caught the recent video release! :-)

There are 100% more X-Men coming and one MIGHT be up for Pre-Order before SDCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex, in regards to the thundercats license continuing after cheetara is it closer to:

A. the TMNT license where it is done, no plans for additional characters after the ones already teased/revealed (mumm-ra, lion-o, cheetara)?

B. the MOTU license where there are additional characters in the works and/or planned beyond what has already been teased/revealed?

thanks!
Cheetara is currently the only other piece planned as of today. That could always change of course. New unannounced items are added (some unannounced taken away from time to time too) frequently into planning of product line up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
Hello Alex, I hopo you are well. Is it possible toask the head honchos at Sideshow’s development studio if there are plans for the shore trooper from Rogue One premium format edition? Thanks in advance.
There are no new Rogue One items currently in planning. And sorry for sounding like a skipping record (as I know y'all see me saying this in answers to other questions) but that doesn't mean that won't change. The future is not set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex are there any new Indiana Jones figures in development? 1/6 or PF?
Sorry but 100% for sure there are no new Indiana Jones products at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

Decided to give this ago the other night. In some ways I came away far more impressed than I’d anticipated. From start to finish the movie is green screen CGI overload. Most of the time, the CGI looks stunning. I couldn’t help but think, some of the characters would translate into epic statues. Bubble (Rihanna) could fill a line by herself. Sergeant Laureline (Cara Delevingne) would be a sell-out. Major Valerian (Dane DeHaan) would make for the ideal companion piece. There’s many other interesting looking characters also.

Story 4/10
Effects 10/10
Nice review! I still have to finish this movie myself. I only got about half way through it thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Hi Alex

Can the website have a wishlist feature? Where you can add items to a wish list and it emails you if the quantity is low .
This has been talked about and is on a long list of things we'd like to implement in the future. There is a lot of items before a wish list feature though, so it could be quite a while before something like that appeared on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Hey-oooooo Alex.

After reviewing some info why wouldn’t SS do a small run of Star-Lord and Drax to finish out the set. The 2 biggest holes need to be plugged. It’s their destiny. Loooook.

Angela EX sold out?
Angela CE low stock
Captain Marvel sold out?
Gamora sold out?
Groot EX sold out
Groot CE low stock
Rocket still available
Thanos screw it
I still have no news on Star-Lord and Drax and whether they will be products in the future sorry to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hi Alex!

About Court of the dead: there is one life size bust called queens guard (a general like figure, I totally forgot if he already have a real name). Is it possible that that bust becomes available for purchase in the near future? Do you guys have plans to do that?! Thanks in advance!!!
It's possible it could be a product in the future but as of now it is a piece that was simply for show at past conventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hi Alex,

Are there any plans for a 1/4 PF Bossk
Bossk is my favourite bounty hunter, visually at least, in the Star Wars universe.
Boba Fett steals much of the lime-light when it comes to statue form bounty hunters.

For the moment i make do with the 10cm Bossk from Kenner
Please see my answer above to a similar question that was asked regarding bounty hunters. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Hey SSAlex, I missed out on the Doctor Doom throne fabric PF. Does Sideshow have plans to make another Doom throne PF but all fully-sculpted this time? Thank you.
No Doctor Doom that I'm aware of is being planned but that could change given the popularity of this character!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hi Alex,

Are you aware of any news regarding other PFs from the Aspen Universe like Kiani or Soulfire ?

Thank you in advance !
I know that there is a chance that more Aspen items could happen in the future. What universes and characters those would be I simply do not know at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Any chance for a new henry cavill bvs or justice league superman pf and a hardy bane?
Sideshow's focus for DC is more comic based for the most part, so there is no Superman from BvS or Justice League in the works currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
Hey Alex. Can you poke around a bit again about an eu warehouse? If all the smaller companies can have this ... would help your EU fans a lot.
At this point in time there is no exploration of adding an EU Warehouse. That could change in the future of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi Alex, re the awesome looking Terminator Rebel PF, can you confirm if this will be part of a line or if it will have any companion pieces? For example, are there plans to do mythos statues from other sci fi franchises like Aliens, Predator, etc. A bunch of female statues like this would look great together.
The Rebel Terminator is the only piece of its kind happening for its license. As for more mythos type items from other licenses in the future...always possible for sure!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 AM   #6525
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
thx Alex hope we will get an eu warehouse in the future .

So other questions
- will the new x-men line all have the sentinel bases? So will the 5 teased xmen woman go together with wolvie and Magneto?
- Is the avenger 1/5 line finished? No ant man? :'(

best regards
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #6526
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Are the X-Men ladies teased 1/4 scale or 1/5 scale?
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #6527
Atimantium
Hydra

Thank you very much Alex! I appreciate you answering my questions.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #6528
BurningRage
Inhumans

Are there any new DC comic version legendary scale figures and sixth scale figures in development?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #6529
kimsoyens
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi Alex! will you be restocking on EFX vader PCR helmet? it's currently out of stock on you site. Thank you!
kimsoyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:28 AM   #6530
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Hi Alex, Will we ever see a Nightwing pf ? if we will, please make it fully sculpted. Thanks.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote