Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

View Poll Results: Cavewoman as sculpted by Clay?
Hell yes I will buy. Cavewoman is a great comic. 35 60.34%
No i'll pass. 4 6.90%
I buy anything Clay sculpt anyway, so yes. 19 32.76%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
pppccclll
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
If I look at an image or statue and get the feeling that its primary appeal is T&A, then I classify it as "pure cheesecake." For example, many of the vinyl anime statues are pure cheesecake in my opinion. A good example of a pure cheesecake statue made by Moore is that Sinful Suzi one. Anyway, the classification is just based on the feeling I get. Other people may feel differently about a piece.

I don't buy pure cheesecake pieces because I wouldn't feel comfortable displaying them around my family and friends. Nevertheless, I enjoy looking at the pieces online, and I have no problem whatsoever with other people owning and displaying them in their homes.
i totally understand the feeling of not feeling comfortable displaying around fam and friends. my parents were cool with it growing up and my fiancée has become fine with it, and i do have some very "pure cheesecake" statues, but others would think i'm a freak. i guess i just muscle through it to fulfill my fix of perversion. lol i hope i never get too old for this crap.
pppccclll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #12
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayburn S Moore View Post
I've never met Budd Root, but we have friends in common. His work is very good and working with him is not out of the question as far as I'm concerned. However, it's also possible I'd just design my own prehistoric/jungle girl rather than license. It's a terrific universal subject.
CSM
Your own 'Jungle girl' would totally rule! I'd LOVE to see it!
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #13
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I sometimes wish people would stop seeing everything in a bikini as cheesecake. I know i don't. To sum up art in such a way is in most cases to me completely ignorant.

No offense, just my 2c's.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #14
the Hammer
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Looks nice, I have no doubt that Clay could easily do this justice, or any cavewoman for that matter...
the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppccclll View Post
i totally understand the feeling of not feeling comfortable displaying around fam and friends. my parents were cool with it growing up and my fiancée has become fine with it, and i do have some very "pure cheesecake" statues, but others would think i'm a freak. i guess i just muscle through it to fulfill my fix of perversion. lol i hope i never get too old for this crap.
Honestly, I think you should get out of this if you think it's freakish or juveline. I don't think Rodin, Velasquez, Botticelli, etc, etc, etc are considered freaks. Throughout art history many artists have portrayed the female form, not because they aspired to some lofty ideal, but because they wanted to sculpt or paint naked women. They weren't freaks, they did it because it's beautiful and people are drawn to it. Why is it that in Europe, where the country wasn't colonized by Puritans, and where people don't have these uptight, anal, backwards views about the nude form, I have so many collectors who obtain my work because they appreciate the aesthetic? Thank God there are many collectors here that also collect becasue they know that there are some sculptors doing excellent work in the human form. I recently got a letter from a forum member who summed it up very well and I'll have to post it sometime.
I think you'd enjoy this more if you took more pride in your collection or you could get some nice dogs playing poker or clown paintings they'd appreciate........lol
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
pppccclll
The Herculoids

Quote:
Honestly, I think you should get out of this if you think it's freakish or juveline. I don't think Rodin, Velasquez, Botticelli, etc, etc, etc are considered freaks. Throughout art history many artists have portrayed the female form, not because they aspired to some lofty ideal, but because they wanted to sculpt or paint naked women. They weren't freaks, they did it because it's beautiful and people are drawn to it. Why is it that in Europe, where the country wasn't colonized by Puritans, and where people don't have these uptight, anal, backwards views about the nude form, I have so many collectors who obtain my work because they appreciate the aesthetic? Thank God there are many collectors here that also collect becasue they know that there are some sculptors doing excellent work in the human form. I recently got a letter from a forum member who summed it up very well and I'll have to post it sometime.
I think you'd enjoy this more if you took more pride in your collection or you could get some nice dogs playing poker or clown paintings they'd appreciate........lol

woah. perhaps you misread. Clay, if you were to do the Cavewoman sculpt i suggested in the original post, i would buy it in a heartbeat as i have all of your sculpts i can get my hands on. it has nothing to do with ME thinking my collection is "freakish or juvenile" but rather others who simply can't understand it. hell, i do take pride in the fact that i collect what i do and i won't let anyone change my mind. so keep on doin what your doin Clay and i'll keep buying cause i like it and f*ck the world. lol
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
Weapon X
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

So Clay, what's your thought about doing this sculpt.?
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #18
Clayburn S Moore
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppccclll View Post
woah. perhaps you misread. Clay, if you were to do the Cavewoman sculpt i suggested in the original post, i would buy it in a heartbeat as i have all of your sculpts i can get my hands on. it has nothing to do with ME thinking my collection is "freakish or juvenile" but rather others who simply can't understand it. hell, i do take pride in the fact that i collect what i do and i won't let anyone change my mind. so keep on doin what your doin Clay and i'll keep buying cause i like it and f*ck the world. lol
I did read that original post. I appreciate it and I thought about not posting at all. However, if one uses words like "freaks" and "crap" and the context justifies it, I feel I need to address the point. I know you may have said it kiddingly, but I think this comes up with a lot of collectors who would like to openly display their collections, but don't because they feel they would take some grief for it. Many of us take our work seriously and we depend on you collectors to buy it because you recognize that, appreciate the look and want to own it and hopefull, will display it.
A certain amount of criticism comes from the fact that these are painted resin statues. If you displayed a bronze, I think the reaction, in most cases (and depending on the sculpture), would be different. A proper casting in bronze will elevate any sculpture to it's most perfect presentation.
I think you brought up a point that needed discussing in a way you may not have intended, but I felt it was worth discussing. Thanks for responding and thanks for collecting.
CSM
ps-I doubt I'd license Cavewoman from Budd Root as I'm scheduled out in work for months, but I think he's a terrific artist and does a fine female form, but just a bit over the top in some ways...so to speak...great tan lines, though.
Clayburn S Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #19
pppccclll
The Herculoids

Quote:
I did read that original post. I appreciate it and I thought about not posting at all. However, if one uses words like "freaks" and "crap" and the context justifies it, I feel I need to address the point. I know you may have said it kiddingly, but I think this comes up with a lot of collectors who would like to openly display their collections, but don't because they feel they would take some grief for it. Many of us take our work seriously and we depend on you collectors to buy it because you recognize that, appreciate the look and want to own it and hopefull, will display it.
A certain amount of criticism comes from the fact that these are painted resin statues. If you displayed a bronze, I think the reaction, in most cases (and depending on the sculpture), would be different. A proper casting in bronze will elevate any sculpture to it's most perfect presentation.
I think you brought up a point that needed discussing in a way you may not have intended, but I felt it was worth discussing. Thanks for responding and thanks for collecting.
CSM
ps-I doubt I'd license Cavewoman from Budd Root as I'm scheduled out in work for months, but I think he's a terrific artist and does a fine female form, but just a bit over the top in some ways...so to speak...great tan lines, though.
i did say "crap" now that i reread what i replied and it was definitely in a kidding manner. probably shouldn't have said that lol.

ultimately, i have always been a fan of your work and am anxiously awaiting what new creations you have to offer. thanks for keeping up the good work!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #20
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Dude! Budd's Cavewoman done in 3D by my favorite sculptor? HELL YEAH! You kiddin' me?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote