Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #25891
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Has anyone seen the new Charlie's Angels? I've heard some reviews calling it steaming trash, but others saying it wasn't bad.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #25892
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Joker (2019) - 4th viewing. One last time, my parents wanted to see it. After thinking about it some more, settled at a 9/10

Stand By Me (1986) - 9/10. Haven’t seen this one in years. Great movie.
Good lord. I can't imagine sitting through that movie even one more time much less 4. You're a stronger man than me.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #25893
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Has anyone seen the new Charlie's Angels? I've heard some reviews calling it steaming trash, but others saying it wasn't bad.
I was told it was basically 2 hrs of girl power and man bashing, so for me it's a pass...

even putting that aside it bombed pretty hard at the box office which tells me even women passed on seeing it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #25894
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was told it was basically 2 hrs of girl power and man bashing, so for me it's a pass...

even putting that aside it bombed pretty hard at the box office which tells me even women passed on seeing it...
Yeah, 8 million opening weekend. LOL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:43 AM   #25895
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

It did bomb. Probably because no one cares about Charles' Angles and no one asked for a reboot of it.

I have no idea what they were thinking.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:34 AM   #25896
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It did bomb. Probably because no one cares about Charles' Angles and no one asked for a reboot of it.

Plus the actress playing them aren’t great. Now if you had, Margot Robbie, Gal Gadot and Kate Bakinsale then we are talking.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #25897
Python
Omega Red

Captain Marvel 7/10.

I didn't dislike this movie, and I fully expected to going in from what I'd heard. It was fun enough for me as somebody who isn't too invested into the Marvel universe. I think it helps that it had an almost GOTG feel, that being my favorite Marvel franchise in terms of movies.

It is worth noting however that I enjoyed this movie far more due to the supporting cast rather than the main character. Sam Jackson was really good in this, as was Ben Mendelsohn as the leader of the shape shifting Aliens (Talos)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #25898
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

It reminds me of when they tried to get Chris Rock to be Lamont in a "Sanford and Son" movie and he told them they were crazy and they would lose money hand over fist. That show wasn't "Sanford and Son" it was basically the Redd Foxx show and without him the idea was nothing

Same in this case, show stumbled along for a while without Farrah but not great. Just throwing some chicks in a movie and calling it "Charlies Angels" doesn't make it "Charlies Angels" to the consuming public, plus frankly that show didn't age well anyway if you watch any of the old episodes.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #25899
Mister H
Gen 13

Sanford and Son, on the other hand is still one of the best shows ever made.
“Go stick your face in some dough and make gorilla biscuits!”
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #25900
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
It reminds me of when they tried to get Chris Rock to be Lamont in a "Sanford and Son" movie and he told them they were crazy and they would lose money hand over fist. That show wasn't "Sanford and Son" it was basically the Redd Foxx show and without him the idea was nothing

Same in this case, show stumbled along for a while without Farrah but not great. Just throwing some chicks in a movie and calling it "Charlies Angels" doesn't make it "Charlies Angels" to the consuming public, plus frankly that show didn't age well anyway if you watch any of the old episodes.
However, the 2000 remake with Drew Barrymore was a success. Maybe that movie and it's sequel are still too fresh in people's minds.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote