Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-19-2021, 04:44 PM   #421
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
DC just needs to clean the slate and get rid of everyone involved with making these movies the last 5 years or so...

The talent pool in Directors, Writers and Producers at DC is lacking big time, they also need to get rid of Geoff Johns he has been a failure across movies and tv shows... It's beyond me why Warner Brothers keeps him around, send him back to making comics...
It's weird isn't it. Geoff John's runs on Teen Titans, Green Lantern and The Flash are all amazing, but he can't seem to get the same magic on Film or TV.

I agree though, DC Needs to start over if they want even a semblance of a "universe" as too much damage has been done to most of the characters even if most the actors are near perfect.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #422
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
They need to hire Favreau.
I don't know if Favreau has the same passion for DC as he has Star Wars and Marvel.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #423
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I don't know if Favreau has the same passion for DC as he has Star Wars and Marvel.
Yeah, I've heard him say as much too. Even so, he would have the experience in his belt to fart out better DC movies than are currently being given to us. DCEU and DC comics are kind of in a tailspin now. Lots of talent leaving so I highly doubt Favreau would even consider working for them. Just wishful thinking.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #424
off
The X-Men

I'm almost through season 2 of Titans and man it isn't perfect but it is far better than most DC movies.

Maddening.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:56 PM   #425
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
I'm almost through season 2 of Titans and man it isn't perfect but it is far better than most DC movies.

Maddening.
It's really hit-and-miss on the episodes, some episodes are amazing and then others are total trash... The Introduction of Superboy was probably the best episode on Titans...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:51 AM   #426
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's really hit-and-miss on the episodes, some episodes are amazing and then others are total trash... The Introduction of Superboy was probably the best episode on Titans...
I find the Hawk and Dove storyline compelling. Superboy was great.

Ive just enjoyed both seasons so much more than DC's big screen offerings.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:07 AM   #427
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I watched the first Wonder Woman a dozen times...I may not see this one a second time and if I get a physical version be more for the box art and possibly watching making of and scene selection of few bits than sitting down to watch it again.

I think reception is very mixed on this one. Within the fandom I've seen plenty of negative and positive reviews.
Thanks. I'll probably end up picking it up, watching it once, then storing it on a shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Everyone's taste is different so it is hard to say but for me, after seeing it once, I have no desire to watch it again. It really is bad on so many levels (and I generally like most comic book movies). If you still want to see it, just rent it (vs. buying it). At least then, you've only spent $5-$6 vs. the $20-$25 for the blu ray.
Better or worse than Black Panther?
I have seen Black Panther and found it ok to middle of the road, no desire to watch it a second time, even although i own the Blu-ray. I might watch it a second time, but i am in no rush. The same applies to a number of other Super Hero movies. Funny enough, while many hated on Captain Marvel, i have watched it 3 times, and find it ok to average, but never felt the need to hate on it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:46 AM   #428
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Thanks. I'll probably end up picking it up, watching it once, then storing it on a shelf

Better or worse than Black Panther?
I have seen Black Panther and found it ok to middle of the road, no desire to watch it a second time, even although i own the Blu-ray. I might watch it a second time, but i am in no rush. The same applies to a number of other Super Hero movies. Funny enough, while many hated on Captain Marvel, i have watched it 3 times, and find it ok to average, but never felt the need to hate on it.
I like Black Panther and find it to be above average and really enjoyable but I don't think it's "genre defining" as some critics do. I also don't hate Captain Marvel, I find it a little more than serviceable, but maybe a little dry at times.

Either way I'd watch Black Panther and Captain Marvel in a row while someone was cutting onions the entire time before I watch WW84 again.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:45 AM   #429
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I like Black Panther and find it to be above average and really enjoyable but I don't think it's "genre defining" as some critics do. I also don't hate Captain Marvel, I find it a little more than serviceable, but maybe a little dry at times.

Either way I'd watch Black Panther and Captain Marvel in a row while someone was cutting onions the entire time before I watch WW84 again.
Really? great..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #430
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

gee, I have not seen WW84 yet but it does not seem to match the positive reviews that the first Wonder Woman film had. Fromwhat people say it sounds like there was too much story in the film.

How was Kristen Wiig as the Cheetah? That is the performance I am curious about.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote