Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 04-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #5691
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That Creepshow is very nice. Easily the best of the bunch IMHO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #5692
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Finally a Terminator 2 poster, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. The battledamaged face on Arnold bother me since he is on the motorcycle :/
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #5693
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
They all look good, except the terminator 2 from which mondo stole the license from Pittides. Sorry, Pittides print spanks Whalens this time around.
Now I'm 100% convinced Pittides was telling the truth. They cockblocked him because they had a T2 print coming out less than a month later. Scumbags.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #5694
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Am I the only one who finds that Alien head shaped like a huge clitoris?

rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #5695
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Now I'm 100% convinced Pittides was telling the truth. They cockblocked him because they had a T2 print coming out less than a month later. Scumbags.
I hung out with Pittides in the Mondo line at Durieux show. This guy is like you and me, no crowds following him around, he's not arrogant. A genuine nice person with good conversation. Hell, I've watched him list prints from the show on EB for cost. When he told me about the T2 I had no doubt he's was telling the truth.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #5696
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottencat View Post
Am I the only one who finds that Alien head shaped like a huge clitoris?

What the hell u been banging? LOL.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The poster has a comic book feel to it. I like it.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #5697
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I hung out with Pittides in the Mondo line at Durieux show. This guy is like you and me, no crowds following him around, he's not arrogant. A genuine nice person with good conversation. Hell, I've watched him list prints from the show on EB for cost. When he told me about the T2 I had no doubt he's was telling the truth.
What is the nitty gritty of this Pittides T2 story? I have only read bits and pieces of it.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #5698
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I feel so bad. I told someone that Pittides version ----ted all over Whalens version (not to diss whalen as i own some of his stuff too) and Whalen "liked" my comment.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #5699
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
What is the nitty gritty of this Pittides T2 story? I have only read bits and pieces of it.
Pittides was openly talking and showing people his progress and work for his T2 print. It was suppose to be released through another gallery. It only needed final approval from Arnold on likeness and then it would have been sold and the license would have belonged to some other company. The AP's and test run was in the process of getting printed while they was waiting on approval.

Then mondo snuck in and bought the license with no likeness rights. Pittides felt betrayed by Mondo for it (as he had apparently showed many in the industry his upcoming piece). He ended up putting his AP's (edition size of 45) for free on his site with a $60 shipping fee to get around the license.

I think that is how it went down if i remember correctly?
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #5700
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Pittides was openly talking and showing people his progress and work for his T2 print. It was suppose to be released through another gallery. It only needed final approval from Arnold on likeness and then it would have been sold and the license would have belonged to some other company. The AP's and test run was in the process of getting printed while they was waiting on approval.

Then mondo snuck in and bought the license with no likeness rights. Pittides felt betrayed by Mondo for it (as he had apparently showed many in the industry his upcoming piece). He ended up putting his AP's (edition size of 45) for free on his site with a $60 shipping fee to get around the license.

I think that is how it went down if i remember correctly?
That's it in a nutshell...
He showed (no name) at Mondo during the Durieux show and they pretty much back doored him.