Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #1311
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Famous last words until we see the production version

Joking aside, I hope it does come out great because I would like to order one...
lol honestly I'm a bit worried how the hands will turn out.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:18 AM   #1312
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Yeah, Captain Marvel was one of Sideshow's best by far. I'm very happy I preordered her back in the day fast. Very happy with it in my collection room. There's always a hit and miss for statues. I wanted their first Wonder Woman and Dark Phoenix to be of the Captain Marvel level of craftsmanship. Sadly, I had to find a friend to repaint Dark Phoenix.
Same thing I did when I saw how good the production pieces looked. They looked as good as the prototype so I ordered Captain Marvel and I’m glad I did. I’m hoping the same magic happens with this Wonder Woman. On a side note, you know the statue world moves fast when “back in the day” was like 2 years ago!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #1313
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Same thing I did when I saw how good the production pieces looked. They looked as good as the prototype so I ordered Captain Marvel and I’m glad I did. I’m hoping the same magic happens with this Wonder Woman. On a side note, you know the statue world moves fast when “back in the day” was like 2 years ago!
Yes, the statue collecting hobby scene and industry is moving very very fast these days. Some friends of mine and myself included, we find it hard to keep up with all the new announcements, exclusives, variants, & preorders these days.

I've been collecting these painted rocks for 14 years ever since I graduated from university, and today, statue collectors are presented with so many choices from so many statue companies.

Sideshow itself has also kept rolling out line ups, series and new statues that are more attractive than the last.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:32 AM   #1314
demonhunter
Kingpin

DPMaster, another one that I only ordered after it was released for months in the US was Sideshow Batgirl PF. That one was also immaculate in the standard of paint application. Every unboxing video, post, and sharing on social media showed that the Batgirl statue was very well done. So, I called my favourite local statue shop, Shioktoys and asked if they had an extra Batgirl to spare. I thank my lucky stars I was still able to get one.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #1315
ssnopy76
Fantastic Four

confirmed, it could be shown without the shield its clean back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back ww.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	113842  
ssnopy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #1316
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnopy76 View Post
Confirmed because it looks like there is no peg or confirmed by SS?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #1317
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnopy76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Confirmed because it looks like there is no peg or confirmed by SS?
Good question. Would love SSC to confirm this.

It does look ...via the pic ...that the shield and sword might be removable. Still need SSC confirmation, tho.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #1318
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

That image jumped out at me in the video too. That would be great. Hopefully that wasn't just for the prototype. I like the idea of being able to display with or without the sword and shield. I think I would leave it on though.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #1319
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

What is shown in the video is the prototype which does not have all the final breakdown a production piece would have. I'm not going to say it's possible it won't come with some sort of peg/key on the final production run (things could always 100% change) BUT when this question was brought up a couple of months ago the project manager in charge of this item did confirm (and I relayed it here) that the intention would be to have some sort of small key/peg for the shield/sword in order to prevent that part of the piece from hanging wrong/incorrectly and/or scratching the paint should people move the item without removing the shield/sword first. More will be known as to how this piece will fully breakdown and be assembled once closer to the shipping date. :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #1320
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah that video clearly showed the actual sculptors and painters at Sideshow tweaking the prototypes by hand. Those definitely weren't production samples.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote