Atheris
The Maxx

My Apocalypse review, before I destroy it

http://youtu.be/tTc0tbxX68A

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #612
COI

Kudos for making the video and not taking the partial payment. Very shoddy work, and completely unacceptable on a $600 piece.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #613
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

any pics of destruction? poor they can nor replace it. i also got such a discussion about obvisouly fail paintings and sculpting some time ago. i felt cheated by them cause tellingme the paintfault would not be "so heavy"... wtf ... i payed much money and got a damaged statue and should be calm??? hร-รครครครครค??? and it was not possible to send me a new base of another replacement?? what??? anyway. sometimes you got luck, sometimes you dont. believe me... I know what you are felling cause the statue is great, the quality is unacceptable, and no chance of replacement = destroying = refund = no statue = pain in the ass cause nothing left beside trouble. keep looking forward bro. and good you dont accepted the 65 refund!!! dont pay for ----!!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #614
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Kudos for making the video and not taking the partial payment. Very shoddy work, and completely unacceptable on a $600 piece.
Thanks dude, just wish more collectors would stop accepting SS pay outs to keep defective or subpar quality statues. I would really love for SS to hear the message loud an clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
any pics of destruction? poor they can nor replace it. i also got such a discussion about obvisouly fail paintings and sculpting some time ago. i felt cheated by them cause tellingme the paintfault would not be "so heavy"... wtf ... i payed much money and got a damaged statue and should be calm??? hร-รครครครครค??? and it was not possible to send me a new base of another replacement?? what??? anyway. sometimes you got luck, sometimes you dont. believe me... I know what you are felling cause the statue is great, the quality is unacceptable, and no chance of replacement = destroying = refund = no statue = pain in the ass cause nothing left beside trouble. keep looking forward bro. and good you dont accepted the 65 refund!!! dont pay for ----!!!
Well since you asked....here ya go

May I suggest starting with the video though

http://youtu.be/G5oEHZ_ss38

Maybe I should keep this for when I have a kid?

Chris
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #615
Atheris
The Maxx

Chris
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #616
Dredd4127
Frackin!

Sucks you had to destroy it, but that video was awesome!
Dredd4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #617
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd4127 View Post
Sucks you had to destroy it, but that video was awesome!
Thanks bro

Chris
Old 08-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #618
Atheris
The Maxx

Ok, finally got this dude out of the box. First impressions are, it looks pretty dam cool! I'm fairly happy with how it came out. However, there are some areas of concern, which I'll point out in a minute. First though, I just want to start with the good. The paint apps seems very well done on the torso, arms and head. The skin tone on the arms is VERY well done, just like Kahn. Really nice veining and shading. The yellow on his costume seems like the perfect colour. I don't think it's to dark or to light. The main head with the mask I gatta admit looks pretty good in person. It's a weird optical illusion that go's on with that head in pics. In person it doesn't look to long. When you view it from the side the size and profile looks perfect. When viewed directly from the front it kinda tricks your eyes into thinking it's longer than it is. I think this has to do with the mask sitting just on top of the yellow part of the shoulder. So they almost look like they blend at times. Overall though, I'm happy with it and it's painted very well. They eyes are another optical illusion. From 4 feet back they almost look yellow, but they are in fact white with red speckling. I wouldn't say the effect is done as well as the proto, but it's close enough I think. All the heads are painted well. Personally, I like the main head the best, but the others are cool still. Not sure which I like more of the skull heads.

Now for the not so good. FIRST thing I noticed when taking it out of the box is that the loin cloth is a completely different colour than the rest of the suit. It's very distracting and kinda sucks it got through QC. I'm not gonna bother asking for a replacement just for that because I'm sure they will all arrive that way. But they are indeed two different colours. Second thing that bothered me is the black part of the legs look VERY rough. Like they didn't even bother to sand down the primer under the paint before spraying. There are lines and what look like scratches all over the legs. When you look close you can tell it's the cast or primer under the paint which is unfinished. It looks messy and I'm gonna see if I can get a replacement body for this. The statue isn't heavy, infact it's quite light. Not really a bad thing, just thought it would be heavier. The base..........well the base is a base. Not much to say there.

Overall I'm happy with it and it looks awesome in person. I'm sure when all four ninjas are next to each other it will be a pretty cool sight to see in person.

Oh, and a quick tip when you get the styro out of the art box. The top of the box which you will THINK is the top of the box....isn't. It's really the bottom. If you open it with the pop culture logo facing up you will have all the pieces and the body fall out of their slots and onto the floor infront of you. Start with the BACK SIDE of the box, thats's where the base is.

And now, pics!

Chris
Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #619
Atheris
The Maxx

This is not the topside of the box

Chris
Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #620
Atheris
The Maxx