Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #21
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I finally got a Dreamcast several months ago but most of the games now have been ported so I only have 2 games for it. I'm working on that collection.

I love me some Skies of Arcadia. This game is very long indeed but loved everything about it but how many battles spawned. I have the Gamecube version. I actually use to draw the characters in class instead of listen. Did a slightly revised version of Vyse in color pencil.

Where did you get the Albatross from? That thing is awesome. (seeing your collection made me realize it's time for another run on this game)

Glad to see another game collector on here. Eventually I might get around to taking pictures of my collection. But mine is quite small and not a whole lot of shelf space either
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #22
tonyo09
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

awesome collection bro
I think you have more dreamcast than the actual games released for the console.
tonyo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
That was a great collection to look through. I loved the serenity stuff and I didn't realize how cool the star wars bounty hunter statues ended up. Thanks.
Thanks Yeah individually some of them have issues, but all together they look great. As always with koto though the base is kind of lack luster. The idea of coming together to make the imperial logo is awesome and at least it looks kind of cool. But they do feel cheap (cause the are) and I think if the kind of slopped upwards to create a raised imperial logo would look much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
Wow amazing collection!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
I finally got a Dreamcast several months ago but most of the games now have been ported so I only have 2 games for it. I'm working on that collection.

I love me some Skies of Arcadia. This game is very long indeed but loved everything about it but how many battles spawned. I have the Gamecube version. I actually use to draw the characters in class instead of listen. Did a slightly revised version of Vyse in color pencil.

Where did you get the Albatross from? That thing is awesome. (seeing your collection made me realize it's time for another run on this game)

Glad to see another game collector on here. Eventually I might get around to taking pictures of my collection. But mine is quite small and not a whole lot of shelf space either
The artbook has a lot of great sketches in it, if you ever have a chance I would take a look ;p The Albatross was a custom job. Small collections are sometimes better ;p I have wayyy to much stuff in my room. I really did not want it to get that crowded... but you know how it is ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo09 View Post
awesome collection bro
I think you have more dreamcast than the actual games released for the console.
That number doesn't even cover the good dreamcast games!!! ;p
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Awesome DC collection dao2 never saw so many different DC's together. DC still remains one of my favourite consoles to date. I too enjoyed SOA, it's in my top 5 of DC games (Shenmue being the first, SOA second, Soul Calibur third, Jet Grind Radio fourth and RE:CV on fifth place) and definitely one of the greatest RPG's I played (and I played A LOT JRPG's years ago). That custom Albatross is awesome.

You need some classy cabinets though! Make your room like a DC museum or something!

Oh and buy the DC tissuebox if you can find one that one seems to be missing
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
dao2
Cyclops

Never got into Shenmue, I do like Yakuza though :P DC is definetely my favorite console. Awesome controller, awesome games, so much innovation, and a cd reader that sounds like it's destroying your discs :P

I do need some better cabinets, and lighting etc. However as I don't intent this to be a permanent setup I am a bit hesitant in that regard.

Dunno what DC tissuebox is :< Literally a tissuebox?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #26
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Never got into Shenmue, I do like Yakuza though :P DC is definetely my favorite console. Awesome controller, awesome games, so much innovation, and a cd reader that sounds like it's destroying your discs :P

I do need some better cabinets, and lighting etc. However as I don't intent this to be a permanent setup I am a bit hesitant in that regard.

Dunno what DC tissuebox is :< Literally a tissuebox?

Shame on you man, you should know that! It was populair when the DC 'died'.

The Dreamcast Tissue Holder

"This one has been kicking around for a little while now, but what the heck, it is Sunday: Lik-sang is selling the Dreamcast Tissue Holder, a tissue cozy that's the size and shape of a Sega Dreamcast that's the perfect gift for anyone still mourning the death of Sega's console business."

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2005/04/03/t...tissue-holder/

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUS-FdyWy5Q

My first DC got wasted, got it directly after it was released. Wasnt reading discs good anymore so I got rid of it and bought another one (had a massive DC gamecollection, almost had every game). Sold that one along with the gamecollection because I needed the money and the place where I used to live didnt have much room. At that moment I also sold my huge psx/psone collection and my N64 collection. I'm going to buy those (original/regular versions) consoles again, make and buy a top ten of games for each console mainly for display purposes, just for the great memories (I'm a very nostalgic person ).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #27
Y3E
Gen 13

Fantastic gaming collection. I did not know there were so many varied consoles and cases. Congrats!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #28
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Shame on you man, you should know that! It was populair when the DC 'died'.

The Dreamcast Tissue Holder

"This one has been kicking around for a little while now, but what the heck, it is Sunday: Lik-sang is selling the Dreamcast Tissue Holder, a tissue cozy that's the size and shape of a Sega Dreamcast that's the perfect gift for anyone still mourning the death of Sega's console business."

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2005/04/03/t...tissue-holder/

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUS-FdyWy5Q

My first DC got wasted, got it directly after it was released. Wasnt reading discs good anymore so I got rid of it and bought another one (had a massive DC gamecollection, almost had every game). Sold that one along with the gamecollection because I needed the money and the place where I used to live didnt have much room. At that moment I also sold my huge psx/psone collection and my N64 collection. I'm going to buy those (original/regular versions) consoles again, make and buy a top ten of games for each console mainly for display purposes, just for the great memories (I'm a very nostalgic person ).
Actually I have seen that before ;p I thought it was just something someone knitted up themselves though. Nothing wrong with being nostalgic (unless your an amnesiac :<). Shame you sold your collection but that's just how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Fantastic gaming collection. I did not know there were so many varied consoles and cases. Congrats!
Thanks, really what I have is just a drop in the bucket :< There are A LOT more :P
Old 03-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
dao2
Cyclops

Got my Randy Cooper Star Destroyer that I commissioned dtssyst to build for me, and it is amazing! Unfortunately my camera isn't great and I'm an even ----tier photographer so my pics definitely don't do it justice

This thing is a massive 37.5" long, I put a regular bottle of water next to it for scale.

It also comes with a small Tantive IV that is supposed to go in the docking bay but I asked dt to put it separate for me, and he also gave me a spiffy surprise plaque to go with it Sorry for the crappy picture I took a but none seemed to focus on it at all.

Here's a shot of the back.

The lights really make it so much better, unfortunately I can't seem to photograph them well :/ The blue too blue and it makes them and they are too bright. I turned them down a little bit to try make them less bright in the photos but didn't really help But in person so awesome :P

Haven't taken the mirror out of the plastic yet but if you can still make out the underside docking bay on the bottom left.

It's been 7 long months and a 5 hour drive to Pennsylvania to pick it up (it took the entire back seat of my car :|) but it was worth it!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #30
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Very Awesome WOW!!!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote