Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Does your spouse/companion support your collection?
She is very supportive 46 28.05%
She is okay about it 60 36.59%
She does not like it but puts up with it 33 20.12%
She hates it and wants me to sell everything 14 8.54%
I'm married to my collection.... 11 6.71%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #101
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I have some in the Kitchen.
Always wondered where you found the space. Using that fridge too?
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #102
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

In all honesty . . . my wife's a saint. I have an entire room chock full of busts, statues and DVD's and the packages keep on coming She gets the sh!ts every now and again, but it has more to do with the boxes than the statues themselves
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #103
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
In all honesty . . . my wife's a saint. I have an entire room chock full of busts, statues and DVD's and the packages keep on coming She gets the sh!ts every now and again, but it has more to do with the boxes than the statues themselves
Sorry couldn't help laughing. A saint who gets the sh!ts.

I do too but it has more to do with what I eat.... and I ain't no saint.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #104
Follow_Fatty
A day without sunshine is like... night.

LOL You guys are a trip. I'll tell you a funny story.

When I met my wife I had already owned my home. I had my "studio" where I had statues and framed posters etc. So after we are dating for like a month she decides she wants to "decorate" and "girly" my house. So shes like, would you be mad if I did this? I know it is your house and all but I am here all the time and I want to add some things. So I take her hand and walk her up to my studio.

I bring her into the room and said, "You can go CRAZY. You can decorate and do whatever you want!! But do NOT come in here...do not think about coming in here...dont even bring this room into your mind. This is my room, my space and I do all of the decorating in here!!" She just laughed and said no problem.

Fast forward 2 years later and she now makes wreaths as like a little hobby side business. My studio had the best light in the house (we have since moved, but at the time this is how it was) so she asked if she could take pictures in the studio of her wreaths. I told her no problem just dont leave them in there.

So I go up to draw one day and I see a bunch of wreaths in my studio. I take a deep breath and dont say anything.

I go back up the next day still there. I close the door go down stairs where she is laying on the couch watching TV. I said, "Listen, Im not saying this second. Not right now. But you have till tomorrow to get those effin wreaths out of my studio or I am going to launch them out of the effin window and out onto the front effin lawn."

She just stared at me and was like, Ok. No problem. LOL And she has never invaded my area again.

She actually laughed at me when I said that to her and told her if I launched her effin wreaths she would launch my effin batman statues. I held my hand up. "I said stop that thought...dont even finish it...Cause I assure you your @$$ would be flying out the window next." She just laughed and then went and grabbed the wreaths out. LOL
Follow_Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #105
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follow_Fatty View Post
LOL You guys are a trip. I'll tell you a funny story.

When I met my wife I had already owned my home. I had my "studio" where I had statues and framed posters etc. So after we are dating for like a month she decides she wants to "decorate" and "girly" my house. So shes like, would you be mad if I did this? I know it is your house and all but I am here all the time and I want to add some things. So I take her hand and walk her up to my studio.

I bring her into the room and said, "You can go CRAZY. You can decorate and do whatever you want!! But do NOT come in here...do not think about coming in here...dont even bring this room into your mind. This is my room, my space and I do all of the decorating in here!!" She just laughed and said no problem.

Fast forward 2 years later and she now makes wreaths as like a little hobby side business. My studio had the best light in the house (we have since moved, but at the time this is how it was) so she asked if she could take pictures in the studio of her wreaths. I told her no problem just dont leave them in there.

So I go up to draw one day and I see a bunch of wreaths in my studio. I take a deep breath and dont say anything.

I go back up the next day still there. I close the door go down stairs where she is laying on the couch watching TV. I said, "Listen, Im not saying this second. Not right now. But you have till tomorrow to get those effin wreaths out of my studio or I am going to launch them out of the effin window and out onto the front effin lawn."

She just stared at me and was like, Ok. No problem. LOL And she has never invaded my area again.

She actually laughed at me when I said that to her and told her if I launched her effin wreaths she would launch my effin batman statues. I held my hand up. "I said stop that thought...dont even finish it...Cause I assure you your @$$ would be flying out the window next." She just laughed and then went and grabbed the wreaths out. LOL
And so it begins....
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #106
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I have some in the Kitchen.
Lol, dont tell me u have jamie oliver statues lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #107
Nitefall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Lol, dont tell me u have jamie oliver statues lol.

He's in the dish washer....
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #108
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
I used the same argument, but that argument doesn't apply for LSF with open ES, the value will only go in one direction which is going down. It seems you don't have any LSF in your collection. Do you think your wife would support you if you buy LSF with 2K price tag and no ES? I know my wife would not be so happy with that lol
Hahaha -Thought this thread would be safe from the Mamba strike on the LSF ES topic. Good on you bro
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #109
Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Hahaha -Thought this thread would be safe from the Mamba strike on the LSF ES topic. Good on you beo
haha yeah I hate open ES LSF. I am sure many wives would hate them too if we tell her honestly that its value can only go down just like their bags/purses/shoes lol
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #110
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

My Baby is cool with my collecting as long as its within reason ... when is that ever the case lol

Know seriously though my wife is as supportive with my collecting as a wife can tolerate and for that I give her tons of credit ... because its just not anyone that can do that

In the end of it all I have toned it down a lot in the last couple of years because realistically guys statues are a luxury not a necessity.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote