Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-24-2021, 11:57 AM   #111
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It is expensive but I have to have this guy in the collection. S.F. is only charging $500 shipping, so that makes is very doable at that point.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #112
Liho
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
What’s so hard about offering just War Machine? P1 did this with Batman/Bat-bot.
Seriously. The 1/4 WM looks great. I don't need the damn tank. Just sell me the WM!
Liho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:19 PM   #113
Conehead
Luke Cage

Yeah it’s cool.Not blown away. Ganov’s work is good but this is not calling to me.I feel the legs /tank section looks weird .The long arm gun don’t work for me personally.Not feeling the look of some of the armor also.
I sincerely hope sales are good for XM I totally appreciate them trying to recreate the success of the K Bros Hulkbuster with this companion piece. So we’ll done on reaching XM please keep that up…not for me.However I am rooting for your success.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:05 PM   #114
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

ES is too high for this price tag IMO. Any chance of it really exploding in value is gone.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:15 PM   #115
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I heard this before with Hulkbuster it won’t sellout , then you won’t get your money back, now it’s double retail easy.

The War Tank is a cash grab nothing more and setting a new precedent on what they can charge . Honestly it’s cool to push the limits but not cool to price out your bread and butter collectors
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #116
Y3E
Gen 13

This is cool. Very cool, but crazy!!!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #117
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I heard this before with Hulkbuster it won’t sellout , then you won’t get your money back, now it’s double retail easy.

The War Tank is a cash grab nothing more and setting a new precedent on what they can charge . Honestly it’s cool to push the limits but not cool to price out your bread and butter collectors
Yeah, I didn't know Hulkbuster ES was 999. I would have thought like 250 so I definitely retract my statement.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #118
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Subby is right. Exactly right.

$6,000 to a person's doorstep for this - and we have to calculate the TOTAL price, not just what is on the website - is a lot of money. Kids school fees for a term sort of money. We started this hobby having pieces come in at $250 - $500ish for the absolute grails, and those were a once a year event. And ES was so low that you could sell on - every time, even till date. Now, PCS has a 1/6 scale statue for $888 without shipping and customs. Oniri has a 1/4 scale Robocop for over $1,000 - for a museum pose. And XM has this for $6,000 for war machine that is at best C list. Some people will see this, drool and pay for it. But this for me is now in "kid in candy store" territory and there has to be a line - a time to stop. By this time next year, if people keep buying 1/4 scale statues in museum pose will be $2,000. And collectors will smile, buy and defend the companies.

Say someone buys this, $6,000 all in for a UK collector. How much can they possibly sell this on for? Having the statue cost so much, with the ES so high is killing the secondary market.
I've been pining for years for Sideshow to relinquish the 1/4th license so other companies can do exactly this. Make the lesser know characters, make the niche product not worrying about mass market appeal. That's exactly what XM is doing. Doing business appealing to a much smaller pool comes with a heavy price tag.

If a piece like this had a larger appeal, Sideshow would have made it for much less, cutting a few corners, and blew out 4000 plus of em. It doesn't so we get a higher priced master piece produced to probably less than 1000 pieces.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #119
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I've been pining for years for Sideshow to relinquish the 1/4th license so other companies can do exactly this. Make the lesser know characters, make the niche product not worrying about mass market appeal. That's exactly what XM is doing. Doing business appealing to a much smaller pool comes with a heavy price tag.

If a piece like this had a larger appeal, Sideshow would have made it for much less, cutting a few corners, and blew out 4000 plus of em. It doesn't so we get a higher priced master piece produced to probably less than 1000 pieces.
Well said my guy!
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:22 AM   #120
Y3E
Gen 13

Available at Specfiction, 2 versions: one without separate tank and the other with tank and extra arms. $2900 and $4000 respectively
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote