Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-02-2021, 11:10 AM   #391
qz33
Graviton

Prime 1 did 2 new sculpts back to back, it won't be 5-10 years. Sculpting this stuff keeps getting easier and software will get even more so in little time. Even armchair Art Directors that know nothing about the industry or hobby can get top talent to crank them out whatever occupies their minds.

If the 1/3 brings the money I'd bet on a larger 1/2 in scale with P1's other movie pieces.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #392
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prime 1 did 2 new sculpts back to back, it won't be 5-10 years. Sculpting this stuff keeps getting easier and software will get even more so in little time. Even armchair Art Directors that know nothing about the industry or hobby can get top talent to crank them out whatever occupies their minds.

If the 1/3 brings the money I'd bet on a larger 1/2 in scale with P1's other movie pieces.
100%

seeing how they can take a digital model put it over a still from the movie or the backlot shots...it almost seems like cheating, it's practically tracing.

I ABSOLUTELY think a 1:2 scale piece is going to be offered one day by Prime 1 or some other company. It's inevitable, and that piece is gonna be bigger and badder than this 1:3 scale offering. hmmm, seems like there is a trend here
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #393
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
100%

seeing how they can take a digital model put it over a still from the movie or the backlot shots...it almost seems like cheating, it's practically tracing.

I ABSOLUTELY think a 1:2 scale piece is going to be offered one day by Prime 1 or some other company. It's inevitable, and that piece is gonna be bigger and badder than this 1:3 scale offering. hmmm, seems like there is a trend here
That would be funny if right when the 1/3 starts shipping, they unveil the 1/2 Pred and you all say, I'm waiting for that one instead. What's 10 years right? Heh Heh...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #394
SDguy

Scale likely isn't the only consideration. For example, I don't want multiple Predator statues. As such, I'll pass on the 1:4 because of the pose, not the scale. I don't want a crouched pose if it's going to be my only Pred piece.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #395
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Scale likely isn't the only consideration. For example, I don't want multiple Predator statues. As such, I'll pass on the 1:4 because of the pose, not the scale. I don't want a crouched pose if it's going to be my only Pred piece.
I'm in the same boat, buuuuut I don't know if I'm willing to upsize with a 1:3 either...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:22 PM   #396
Dundee
Hydra

Anyone think there's a chance this big boy will exceed the height of the assassin predator?
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:02 AM   #397
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i truly hope this 1:3 scale 1987 Predator will be substantially larger than the 1/4 Big Game Statue.

After seeing the comparison, the Big Game statue's head does seem closer to 1/3 than 1/4.

I hope this towers over that piece in size and presence...we'll see.

hope it looks something like this:
I'm thinking its going to be size of 1/2 ledger joker but way bigger head and beefed up
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:49 AM   #398
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Anyone think there's a chance this big boy will exceed the height of the assassin predator?
It's not 1/3 if it does.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:05 AM   #399
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's not 1/3 if it does.
If they scale this similarly to the 1/4 JH, it'd be around 96cm+ which is crazy tall for 1/3.

Though I don't think they would or should. 1/3 Big chap is listed at 87.9cm (base to top of the wall art). Can't imagine this exceeding that, maybe 33 inches/84cm, give and take an inch. Would look noticeably bigger than the 1/4 JH and also have 2 inches or so over the CM pred. Can't wait to see more of this at the reveal!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:00 AM   #400
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

I think they will keep the movie licensed predators at the correct size. They did that so far with everyone. This includes the city hunter.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote