Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #231
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

I am curious how many people on here do switch out the pieces every so many month or leave the statue alone once the box goes into storage.
Most pieces I don't, but a few I do. Samurai Batman, for example, and I often switch out the portraits on my Prime 1 Justice League Batman and Arkham Knight Harley.

With that said, if a piece has an EX, I usually display it.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #232
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I do see the appeal of exclusives but to me I always thought what was the point. I just think that there are extra pieces to produce which can take longer to get the statue out to the public. And how many people actually switch out the pieces. Once I have the statue set up it is set up and I leave it. I do admit I did switch out the Batman hand on the Tweeterhead statue and that was only because I was selling a statue and wanted some of the tissue paper that was in the box to wrap the statue up. I thought, since I was displaying Batgirl with the Batarang I would take the batarang hand off Batman. If I did not need the tissue paper, I would not have switched out the piece at all.

I am curious how many people on here do switch out the pieces every so many month or leave the statue alone once the box goes into storage.
I had my switch outs in a padded drawer at my last house and a couple of pieces I’d occasionally swap out. My Hulk head, Cheetah head, Cap’s arm, and Aquamans arm. The rest I pretty much never touched. Where I am at now I don’t have a spot for my swap outs so I use the piece I like best and leave it. I would swap my Domino head though if I had it at the ready.

Honestly, proximity pieces are probably better in this regard. I have so many swap out pieces that have never seen the light of day.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #233
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
I pretty much choose how I would like it displayed, then all the extras go into storage. If there were display bases for alternate pieces, I might keep them out to swap out, but having a pile of parts strewn about the bases of my display seems messy. I don't have enough room to have a drawer of them to have them more accessible. The only parts I keep out currently are my Prime 1 Arkham Catwoman extra heads, since they have bases to display them. Her extra arms are in the box.

My only problem with not having an EX is sometimes I prefer the EX parts to the original. I can think of a couple of cases where if it weren't for the EX head, I wouldn't have bought the statue at all. Not that I wanted the ability to switch out, but that I felt that the EX version was a far superior sculpt, or look for the character.

As long as they make the right choice (in my eyes) of what the single head included would be, then I don't care if they get rid of swap-outs.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #234
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't have many switchouts (2) but I do enjoy the variety they provide to the statue 'image' - it makes it fresher to look at, if that makes sense. I find it's too easy to stop noticing a piece of art if it stays in the same place, presenting the same image, for too long.

That's one reason I like to have my artworks on a rotating base (manual), so I can easily vary the image I see day-to-day.
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #235
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

To AJ’s point, you can have switch outs without there being an EX. See Cyclops.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #236
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I had my switch outs in a padded drawer at my last house and a couple of pieces I’d occasionally swap out. My Hulk head, Cheetah head, Cap’s arm, and Aquamans arm. The rest I pretty much never touched. Where I am at now I don’t have a spot for my swap outs so I use the piece I like best and leave it. I would swap my Domino head though if I had it at the ready.

Honestly, proximity pieces are probably better in this regard. I have so many swap out pieces that have never seen the light of day.
I've seen suitcase like cases people use for miniatures with pull out foam, might want to try something like that for your switchouts as a space saver.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #237
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I've seen suitcase like cases people use for miniatures with pull out foam, might want to try something like that for your switchouts as a space saver.
I’m overseas working for the military. It’s a temporary set up. For the pieces I do have set up, only Domino would I bother with, but it’s not that big of a deal. Won’t be here that long.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #238
Peedi
The Secret Six

I know it’s a comic book character but to me this face doesn’t “look” like Black Canary if that can make any sense. Comic characters still have a typical “look”. The sculpting looks well done. I just don’t think this face fits Black Canary.

Also would’ve preferred an action piece. Something like this

Or

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:26 PM   #239
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I know it’s a comic book character but to me this face doesn’t “look” like Black Canary if that can make any sense. Comic characters still have a typical “look”. The sculpting looks well done. I just don’t think this face fits Black Canary.
Totally agree. That portrait doesn't say Black Canary to me at all.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #240
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
I am curious how many people on here do switch out the pieces every so many month
I do this all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Totally agree. That portrait doesn't say Black Canary to me at all.
Same here
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote