Cyclops

OUTLAW STAR PLEASE!
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #82
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Shoot! The Market for Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) is huge. Heck they released a new live action movie of it a couple years ago (still need to hunt it down). I'd love to see that done in your guys style, especially with the dynamic poses and diorama bases! As it stands I do not own any figures from the show/manga because none of them are cool enough or are in dynamic dioramas, but I would jump on that instantly if you guys put them out!!
We are big fans of the anime/manga. The 2nd live action movie is even more epic than the first one. If we ever get the chance, We'd go crazy with the license. So many awesome scenes to recreate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
HairyAsHell

Why not try something with a bigger market first.

To my knowledge nobody has done Akira at 1/4 scale.

I NEED a Tetsuo.

Or Fist Of The North Star? Although I think Tsume has that licence....in Europe at least.

Attack on Titan, or Berserk....?

BUT, keep the Street Fighter coming please
We are always open to them but hasn't attack on titan being done to death now? Well at least in terms of pvc anyway
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #83
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
We are big fans of the anime/manga. The 2nd live action movie is even more epic than the first one. If we ever get the chance, We'd go crazy with the license. So many awesome scenes to recreate

We are always open to them but hasn't attack on titan being done to death now? Well at least in terms of pvc anyway

And yea Attack on titan is pretty much covered at this point. And especially will be by the time you guys would get a license for it. I would love to see an Eren and Annie titan diorama though! And so far have not heard of anyone working on one.

Good Smile has been putting out nice stuff though, and can't wait for their Colasal Titan!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #84
HairyAsHell

Quote:

And yea Attack on titan is pretty much covered at this point. And especially will be by the time you guys would get a license for it. I would love to see an Eren and Annie titan diorama though! And so far have not heard of anyone working on one.

Good Smile has been putting out nice stuff though, and can't wait for their Colasal Titan!
That is one sick piece. I've seen it personally and its done by one of my favourite sculptors. I want one so bad!

Yeah, we love the anime, but we'd have to see what we can do with it that hasn't been done before if we were to ever work on it. We are going to Japan in February. Hopefully it will be a fruitful trip
Old 10-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #85
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

Did you order the GSC Colossal Titan in the order window? It looks fantastic.

It's not scaled so I don't know what license GSC has. I ordered the PVC Mika and Eren and I know Levi is on the way.

I'd like to see a good sized Eren Titan statue (not PVC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
That is one sick piece. I've seen it personally and its done by one of my favourite sculptors. I want one so bad!

Yeah, we love the anime, but we'd have to see what we can do with it that hasn't been done before if we were to ever work on it. We are going to Japan in February. Hopefully it will be a fruitful trip
Why is nobody interested in creating decent 1:4 scale Akira statues?

In general, do you guys make 1:4 scale statues, is probably a better question?
As you say. Most of the anime stuff is covered at 1:8 PVC scale. But that doesn't mean there isn't a market for bigger more detailed statues like the stuff GSC is pushing out.

Do you have any licenses beyond Street Fighter? I love Street Fighter and can't wait to see what else you have in store for us next. But I am interested to see / hear if you have other licenses coming.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #86
HairyAsHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Did you order the GSC Colossal Titan in the order window? It looks fantastic.

It's not scaled so I don't know what license GSC has. I ordered the PVC Mika and Eren and I know Levi is on the way.

I'd like to see a good sized Eren Titan statue (not PVC).
Think GSC might actually make one.

Quote:
Why is nobody interested in creating decent 1:4 scale Akira statues?

In general, do you guys make 1:4 scale statues, is probably a better question?
As you say. Most of the anime stuff is covered at 1:8 PVC scale. But that doesn't mean there isn't a market for bigger more detailed statues like the stuff GSC is pushing out.

Do you have any licenses beyond Street Fighter? I love Street Fighter and can't wait to see what else you have in store for us next. But I am interested to see / hear if you have other licenses coming.
I personally havent watched Akira (I know, its sad) but hope to eventually. For us to work on a brand, we have to be fans of it first and foremost. This way, we not only enjoy the process of making the statues, but also able to represent the character well... atleast we hope we can Then we look at the saleability and what we can bring to the table different from what has been done before.

We were actually considering 1:4 for our next license. However, considering the diorama we have planned, it might be too big and costly for both collectors and general fans of the license. But we'll see how it pans out.

So yeah, we are definitely in discussions for other license acquisitions, eventhough we will keep the SF stuff coming in. We will make announcements in the near future. But ofcourse, it also depends on everyone's support/suggestions. We just started and still have a lot to learn and grow. We will always give our best and hope that more people get on board with our work.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #87
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Nice.

http://instagram.com/p/ukpWayuo0o/?modal=true

Hope you're enjoying the tourney.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #88
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Any updates?
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #89
HairyAsHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Any updates?
Production is well under way. We are gonna be receiving the first factory samples soon. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #90
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Interesting!!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote