Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Question Question on PS2 console - please help

I have a question on my PS2 console. About 3 weeks ago I dug this console out of my closet. I haven't played it in about 3 years. When I decided to use it .... everything seemed well until I tried to save my progress on TOMB RAIDER when the message read ...."NO MEMORY CARD INSERTED. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE PRGRESS". (something like that). It seemed that even though I did have a memory card inserted; the system could not read the memory card. Then I bought a new memory card ... figuring that it could of been the memory card itself. However, the message still read .... "NO MEMORY CARD INSERTED. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE PRGRESS". What do you suggest? If there any way to fix this console or time to bury it. Any help? Thanks
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Frankierock
Omega Red

Try getting a Air Can and Dusting inside where you insert the Card...Also is this a SONY brand Memory Card...Because when I worked in a Game store back in the day...the 3rd Party cards always seemed like they had a 50/50 chance of working..if that still does not work It might be time to trade up...
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I know my left port is acting kind of strange. Sometimes it doesn't read the memory card. If I move the card a bit it shows up on the browser. I use official Sony cards. See what happens in the browser screen. The right side which I never use works perfectly. I probably need to upgrade to the new model PS2 anyway as mine is on it's death bed...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

The contacts have probably corroded slightly (on the PS2 where you insert the memory card) make sure your PS2 is switched off and unplugged and give them a good scrub with some wire wool or something similar. The same thing happens with old consoles that use cartridges (megadrive, snes etc.)
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote