Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #51
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

you're absolutely right. the speed of game releases vs statue releases just kills the MK statues. PCS should hava had some statues ready for the launch of MKX, even if it was the usual suspects, and then launch more throughout the game's lifespan

I'd much prefer more commitment and better timing than a new line, but I'd be a lot less mad about it if it was going to launch with characters we didn't already get like the ones you listed etc. If its going to be a new line starting with ninjas (male and female and cyborg) and bosses AGAIN I would be pretty salty about it and frankly anyone who has purchased an MK statue from PCS should be
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #52
Ballsagne

It seems like we get a new MK every 4 years. For MK9 that got us 5 statues. Assuming MKX will also have a 4 year lifespan (considering the timing of Injustice 2 this is pretty realistic) that means we are about half way done and we got Quan Chi, Kotal Kahn, and Scorpion/Sub Zero (again...) preorders. that who knows when we will see.

I don't know ---- about running this business, but from a consumer perspective I would think 4 years should get us 10 statues from the game instead of 5. Thats a much larger percentage of the roster, so if PCS is going to bail on a game every time there is a new game at least we got a good representation, and we can trust that they will honor the next games this way as well and we would be encouraged to continue to buy in. And maybe (blasphemy for a business I know..) do Sub and Scorpion every 2 games instead of every game. We don't need every version of them ever lets get more characters in. I guess if they were actually doing 10 per game I'd complain way less about ninjas, but getting 2 ninjas and 3 others per game is kinda weak
Old 09-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #53
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
you're absolutely right. the speed of game releases vs statue releases just kills the MK statues. PCS should hava had some statues ready for the launch of MKX, even if it was the usual suspects, and then launch more throughout the game's lifespan

I'd much prefer more commitment and better timing than a new line, but I'd be a lot less mad about it if it was going to launch with characters we didn't already get like the ones you listed etc. If its going to be a new line starting with ninjas (male and female and cyborg) and bosses AGAIN I would be pretty salty about it and frankly anyone who has purchased an MK statue from PCS should be
Would love to have things ready for game release but just never works out that way when dealing with these big games. They are too busy finishing the game to approve our stuff. We take low priority.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #54
Ballsagne

I believe it. Like I said I dont know ---- about running this business. You guys do great work and I always buy. If a line isnt getting dropped then idc how long they take anyway I was just speaking as in MK9 for 4 years then MKX for 4 then the next one
Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #55
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
Ill take it as a compliment that you read my posts that are admittedly waaaaaayyyyy too long and only came up with that to nitpick about (and pompously pretend to be sorry about?). Even so,

http://shoryuken.com/2017/02/06/evo-...fatal-mistake/

apparently it sold over 5 million before all the DLC was even released and got more evo/tournament participation than all its NRS predecessors (wouldn't be surprised if injustice 2 passed it this year but doesnt change the point). Even if I'm stupid and everything you said is right, all I want is for the modern MK line to be supported by PCS, and that includes MK9 (which has shang tsung!!) anyway hopefully. Sorry though

All good Brother !!

I'm just messing with ya ! My best friend gets flown out for every MK Game along with a selected few to test the game. We were talking about how much better MK9 was and that it lived up to the hype. I actually labeled him at the Nitpicker....

Anyways, there's no post long enough to read on a statue forum especially involving MK

I was able to order 1/4 Goro EX yesterday from the Labor Day sale

This is just my opinion...I can't really see PCS doing Klassic statues for people like Kano, Sonya, and the not so popular fighters. Scorpion is always the first fighter that Neatherealm designs and then obviously sub.

I would really prefer a MK4 Quan Chi
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #56
Ballsagne

Congrats on the Goro Order!! Thats one of the best statues period. Definitely best in the MK Klassic line by far! I remember how hard it was to preorder that one, so its awesome people can still get it now.

I agree a lot of characters wont look so great in klassic compared to the modern stuff. the big exception for me would be MK3 Shang Tsung. That (in Klassic Mixed Media form preferably, but id take it either way) and MKX Kano in the modern line are the 2 releases I would get genuinely excited for
Old 09-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #57
mkkollector81
Justice League

What do you mean by 'reboot'? Please don't do the usual suspects all over again. Give someone new, that would be great! I don't care who but Shang Tsung, Motaro, Kabal, Kano or Sonya Blade would be a good start.
mkkollector81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:29 AM   #58
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
What do you mean by 'reboot'? Please don't do the usual suspects all over again. Give someone new, that would be great! I don't care who but Shang Tsung, Motaro, Kabal, Kano or Sonya Blade would be a good start.
Redo all character they put out so far.
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 AM   #59
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkollector81 View Post
None of these characters would sell unfortunately. People will say they'll buy them, but when talking $500+, heads will roll.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #60
ukshaun
Hercules

Who else is doing Mortal Kombat other than PCS ?
PCS should stick with MK.

Many are doing Street Fighter, and like Jerry posted, PCS's take on Street Fighter statues is different to what other companies offer.

I doubt PCS will let go of either anytime soon, as both represent their main body of work. Rambo, Conan, RoboCop are one off's.

It will be interesting to see the new licences PCS are working on obtaining.

One area PCS need to improve, is in making sure new statue donot take longer than a year to ship. Two+ year wait times aren't acceptable.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote