Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #121
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

A few of us are definitely seeing a different statue. Looks more like she is taking a long stride down a catwalk rather then chasing after her dog who just stole her top. It looks very static to me. Would have turned out better if she was leaning forward more and not reaching out so far. If you were standing straight up you wouldn't reach out with your arm like that to grab something that is so low to the ground. It just doesn't look right to me. It's wicked sexy, like all of Moore's sculpts, but the pose just loos awkward.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #122
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

It's probably better to look at this pose as having her top just removed so she's stretched out her arm as a natural reaction of shock. Kind of like a "HEY give that back!" sort of thing rather than her chasing after the dog. In other words this is right before she starts running.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #123
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

i had said before it could have looked better if the dog was just sitting down, and holding her top. then there's no reason for here to have been in a running kinda pose. she would just be trying to sneek up on the dog.
rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #124
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Thumbs up Artistic Perfection

This figure is artistic perfection, seriously. Unless Mandy wanted to fall flat on her face, she wouldn't be running down a sandy beach with those sandals on so the pose seems exactly right to me. Also, it appears that she is trying to maintain her composure while also keeping her ample assets concealed at the same time as she is trying to get her dog to stop running and give her top back to her. Put yourself into her position and you will realize that there is just SO much going on in this image at the same time. This would be an absolute nightmare, especially for a girl who is a little bit naive. Lastly, anyone who has a dog knows that you do not get an item back from that dog by chasing it because the dog will think you are playing a game with him or her.

Maybe it helps that I know girls who would react to this situation in exactly the way that Mandy has and you can just see the outcome of this which could be a guy who sees what is going on and gets her top back for an extremely grateful Mandy.

At the end of the day, the beauty of this piece cannot be questioned and, like any piece of fine art, it is open to interpretation. If it doesn't work for you in the way you initially saw it, try looking at it in a different way.

This statue was the first that I had seen of this character and I bought it on-the-spot based solely on the talent that went into creating such a fine piece.

That is just my opinion but I really feel this is a masterpiece...for what it is.

Joe
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #125
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
This figure is artistic perfection, seriously. Unless Mandy wanted to fall flat on her face, she wouldn't be running down a sandy beach with those sandals on so the pose seems exactly right to me. Also, it appears that she is trying to maintain her composure while also keeping her ample assets concealed at the same time as she is trying to get her dog to stop running and give her top back to her. Put yourself into her position and you will realize that there is just SO much going on in this image at the same time. This would be an absolute nightmare, especially for a girl who is a little bit naive. Lastly, anyone who has a dog knows that you do not get an item back from that dog by chasing it because the dog will think you are playing a game with him or her.

Maybe it helps that I know girls who would react to this situation in exactly the way that Mandy has and you can just see the outcome of this which could be a guy who sees what is going on and gets her top back for an extremely grateful Mandy.

At the end of the day, the beauty of this piece cannot be questioned and, like any piece of fine art, it is open to interpretation. If it doesn't work for you in the way you initially saw it, try looking at it in a different way.

This statue was the first that I had seen of this character and I bought it on-the-spot based solely on the talent that went into creating such a fine piece.

That is just my opinion but I really feel this is a masterpiece...for what it is.

Joe
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #126
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Like any good piece of art, the statue is telling a story. But the sculpt makes that story less clear than it should be.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #127
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Like any good piece of art, the statue is telling a story. But the sculpt makes that story less clear than it should be.

Seriously, I was wrong when I questioned how Yeagle could have designed or approved this design. Flipping thru his work I'm reminded how often Mandy is posed awkwardly in a very angular, less supple way. Even though he will manipulate and contort the body in a variety of attitudes, there is usually this strange stiffness apparent- just like the bent over illo on the previous page. So in terms of faithfulness to Yeagle, I think this statue is pretty much spot on.
But like a few others here, I don't think it illustrates or tells its story as well as it could.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #128
maniaCStatue
Doh!

Mandy et Skoots photos

Hello dear members Statueforum.com

I am a French collector who would like to show you my collection of statues.

And I want to show you my little latest arrival, the lovely Mandy. ♥

http://www.flickr.com/photos/collect...7633717420028/

* Excuse my English medium (I do not speak English) sorry.
maniaCStatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #129
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. And no worries- you're English is just fine!
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #130
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

she is sexy.
might pick one up at SDCC...but really don't have a good spot for her...
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote