Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
My top 5 characters are:

1) Thor
2) Superman
3) Colossus
4) Gladiator
5) Shazam (Captain Marvel)

And yes...I like most characters in the Marvel U...that includes more obscure characters like The Crusader, Asp, Doctor Druid, Aquarian, etc.
Haha...yeah, quite obscure. We are talking about characters you like enough to own statues? My list is, oh say...about 13 characters long. Perhaps personal finances force my decision, but I made my list when I first started collecting, and it hasn't really expanded.

Are you satisfied with one great statue of a character, or would(do) you collect multiple statues of those characters you like? I'm the latter, and with Magneto being #1, and it seeming like I may be getting screwed with obtaining my XM, that's a pretty big hole in my collection.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #273
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
See that's where I kind of I differ with others. Like you said, many collectors seem to buy multiples of one character....like Atheris and his 20,000 Hulks. I am a one and done kind of guy. One statue per character and no multiples.

And yes...I would buy statues of the obscure characters like Doctor Druid, The Crusader, Cottonmouth, etc.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #274
Thor57
Teen Titans

There are only 4 characters I will buy multiples of, and that's largely due to variations of the character. Thor (obviously) Batman, Conan and He-Man. Examples.......

1. Classic and modern Thor.
2. Classic and modern Batman. So a black and a blue.
3. Comic Conan (Fury of the beast) and Arnold movie version.
4. Filmation He-Man and the upcoming mixed media realistic take. Though, that will make three because my first statue ever was the NECA Four Horsemen 2000X He-Man.

But others I'm a one and done guy too. Passed on XM Hulk and Sideshows latest because I already have Gladiator Hulk. I know he's an entirely different representation but I don't love Hulk enough to invest the money or space in another. Same for Iron Man. I have Mark VII paid for from XM, but got on the pre order list for classic, so once I see a finished sculpt of Classic, I'll sell Mark VII.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:54 AM   #275
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
There are only 4 characters I will buy multiples of, and that's largely due to variations of the character. Thor (obviously) Batman, Conan and He-Man. Examples.......

1. Classic and modern Thor.
2. Classic and modern Batman. So a black and a blue.
3. Comic Conan (Fury of the beast) and Arnold movie version.
4. Filmation He-Man and the upcoming mixed media realistic take. Though, that will make three because my first statue ever was the NECA Four Horsemen 2000X He-Man.

But others I'm a one and done guy too. Passed on XM Hulk and Sideshows latest because I already have Gladiator Hulk. I know he's an entirely different representation but I don't love Hulk enough to invest the money or space in another. Same for Iron Man. I have Mark VII paid for from XM, but got on the pre order list for classic, so once I see a finished sculpt of Classic, I'll sell Mark VII.
Well I thought he was talking about characters that have the same outfits. Like buying all three versions of Randy Bowen Thors....or 3 different takes on the same Red and Blue spidey outfit.

I most definitely would buy characters in different outfits. So if XM ever makes Binary / Ms. Marvel in the black gear I would get her. If they make a Modern Thor I would buy him to.

And I am surprised about the IM from you Thor. To me each of those IM are different armors...so I would definitely get all the armors XM made...as long as each of them was different.

If XM makes another Green Hulk...I would not buy it. But if the next Hulk they made was the Gray one in an obviously different pose...I would get it. In the comics they are different and usually expressed different personalities. I just don't like the SS variant way. That is a cop out in my book. Sure make the Rulk, Gray and Green Hulks...just don't have them in the same pose. Especially since each of them have different personas.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:36 AM   #276
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
There is an article on Bleeding Cool from May 30th, 2014 called "Artists Given Specific Instructions Not To Use Fantastic Four Characters" that I think would apply.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...ur-characters/

This was an instruction sheet issued out to sketch card artists:

Phuck that. Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Thanos are my favorite marvel characters of all time.

So without the Surfer or Warlock there really is no point to soil the Infinity Guantlet story by hacking it into theaters.

Earth's "mightiest heroes" and the Guardians of the Galaxy couldn't do jack against the Thanos with the guantlet.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #277
Thor57
Teen Titans

Adam is still available. Surfer was never going to be a part of the movie story. And the movies aren't a direct representation of the Infinity Gauntlet story.

Spoiler alert. I almost guarantee the key to beating Thanos will come down to Tony Stark. He's the central character of the Marvel cinematic universe.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #278
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Well I thought he was talking about characters that have the same outfits. Like buying all three versions of Randy Bowen Thors....or 3 different takes on the same Red and Blue spidey outfit.

I most definitely would buy characters in different outfits. So if XM ever makes Binary / Ms. Marvel in the black gear I would get her. If they make a Modern Thor I would buy him to.

And I am surprised about the IM from you Thor. To me each of those IM are different armors...so I would definitely get all the armors XM made...as long as each of them was different.

If XM makes another Green Hulk...I would not buy it. But if the next Hulk they made was the Gray one in an obviously different pose...I would get it. In the comics they are different and usually expressed different personalities. I just don't like the SS variant way. That is a cop out in my book. Sure make the Rulk, Gray and Green Hulks...just don't have them in the same pose. Especially since each of them have different personas.
I would like to collect them all lol. But I'm married, my wife is about to enter her Nurse practitioner courses which is going to cost us 45 thousand over the next three years. We're looking to buy a house soon and move across the state. So I have to be really picky, and though I would like Mark VII to represent the movies, and Classic to go with my Avengers line up, I just can't invest that much.

Plus, I'm going to use how ever much I get for Mark VII to buy an authentic Alex Ross Avengers "Invincible" painting to display behind and above my XM Avengers display.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #279
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Admin - TY, see the the thread now.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #280
neostatues74
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hi i'm from the UK and its hard to pre-order XM pieces here, can anyone in this forum help me, by giving me some advice on the best companys or people on facebook to order from.
Thanks your help would be much appreciated.
neostatues74 is offline   Reply With Quote