Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #61
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

idk if its fair to say a character wont sell and to forget about it before it even happens. Theres Sons of Anarchy figures, 2 different wolves, Judge Death, Baraka, and not every SF character made is A-list (Oro, Dhalsim, etc). So either

A: characters sell better than we may assume if the statue is good
B: the brand is plenty willing to take chances
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #62
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

PCS has to make a Ultra Rose, Dan, Karin, Sakura etc. before they can move on. Way to many chars that have to be made.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #63
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
idk if its fair to say a character wont sell and to forget about it before it even happens. Theres Sons of Anarchy figures, 2 different wolves, Judge Death, Baraka, and not every SF character made is A-list (Oro, Dhalsim, etc). So either

A: characters sell better than we may assume if the statue is good
B: the brand is plenty willing to take chances
It's just how a majority of collectors are. They buy the main two/three and leave everyone else.

That's why we have so much Sub-Zero and Scorpion.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #64
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I would like to see PCSC make a variety of MK characters, instead of Scorpion and Sub Zero, but I think it's been proventhat even though they've made multiple versions of those 2, they've sold better than less popular characters[Raiden, Lui Kang, etc].Personally, I would like to see the following MK characters get made=
Motaro
Sheeva
Kano
Shao Kahn on throne
Shang Tsung[old man or other]
Kabal
Jax
Ermac
Rain
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #65
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
If PCS sticks to the status quo with MK it'll just be Goro and Ninjas on repeat to launch every line.

Then with lengthy production times that last longer than the amount of time NRS supports their games (lmfao) the statues are obsolete in appearance by the time the statue hits the collectors hands.

And bam, it's already time for a New line and a New look.

NRS supports their fighters for a fraction of oth time that Capcom supports their fighters.

PCS needs to launch an MK line of just fu%^ing bad a$$ statues and not focus so heavily on what particular game is the flavor of the year.

Imho, launch a new super detailed fantasy line, start it with Sonya, Kano, Liu Kang and Shang Tsung!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree with that. MK statues should be able to stand the test of time no matter what game it is from. Just making the characters in a super detailed fantasy line could be great.
Quote:
you're absolutely right. the speed of game releases vs statue releases just kills the MK statues. PCS should hava had some statues ready for the launch of MKX, even if it was the usual suspects, and then launch more throughout the game's lifespan

I'd much prefer more commitment and better timing than a new line, but I'd be a lot less mad about it if it was going to launch with characters we didn't already get like the ones you listed etc. If its going to be a new line starting with ninjas (male and female and cyborg) and bosses AGAIN I would be pretty salty about it and frankly anyone who has purchased an MK statue from PCS should be
Quote:
It seems like we get a new MK every 4 years. For MK9 that got us 5 statues. Assuming MKX will also have a 4 year lifespan (considering the timing of Injustice 2 this is pretty realistic) that means we are about half way done and we got Quan Chi, Kotal Kahn, and Scorpion/Sub Zero (again...) preorders. that who knows when we will see.

I don't know ---- about running this business, but from a consumer perspective I would think 4 years should get us 10 statues from the game instead of 5. Thats a much larger percentage of the roster, so if PCS is going to bail on a game every time there is a new game at least we got a good representation, and we can trust that they will honor the next games this way as well and we would be encouraged to continue to buy in. And maybe (blasphemy for a business I know..) do Sub and Scorpion every 2 games instead of every game. We don't need every version of them ever lets get more characters in. I guess if they were actually doing 10 per game I'd complain way less about ninjas, but getting 2 ninjas and 3 others per game is kinda weak

This highlights the problems with figuring out how to handle MK. Everyone has their own version of a character they want.

The thing is when PCS has tried to go deeper in a line they get burned. Quan Chi, Raiden, and the Cyborgs just haven't sold to meet current industry constraints.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #66
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I just want the Klassic line to continue and finish out the roster. If anything that line should be able to stand the test of time. I'm even ok with paying more for them and getting a lower ES for the B,C, D characters so long as they are being made.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #67
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Mortal Kombat news! I was holding on to this one as we are still finishing paperwork, but seems the cat is out of the bag. We are almost done with our paperwork with Mortal Kombat. So there will be some more new Mortal Kombat statues in the near feature. We will be showing one at NYCC that is not a Ninja. 😜. Besides 1:3 and 1:4 we will also start a new line of smaller scale statues that we are really excited about. More new to come.
Can't wait to see what's happening here.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #68
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

!!!!!!
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:17 AM   #69
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This highlights the problems with figuring out how to handle MK. Everyone has their own version of a character they want.

The thing is when PCS has tried to go deeper in a line they get burned. Quan Chi, Raiden, and the Cyborgs just haven't sold to meet current industry constraints.
I think Prototypez would do great with the klassic line. I like their gritty style on their Street Fighter line.

PCS went MK9 on the klassics, clean version. And didn't have a vision to do their own KLASSIC versions.

Klassics should be bloody, gore and fatality.

It would be better if PCS stick to one roster with MK.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:27 AM   #70
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
I just want the Klassic line to continue and finish out the roster. If anything that line should be able to stand the test of time. I'm even ok with paying more for them and getting a lower ES for the B,C, D characters so long as they are being made.
true... need my fr*cking classic Kitana!!
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote