Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #81
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I honestly think people are getting less hyped about these two franchises because PCS has sooo many delays with their products. Unfortunately it is normal for us to sit back now and say " Oh it will be delayed for two years." Also, outside of the Tournament scene, I don't think SFV is as hype as SFIV came to be. Allot of people are still upset at how the game turned out and that canl kind of trickle down to the type of product being sold.

But on the flip side, if I were to choose a company to sculpt Ryu or any other Street Fighter character, it would definitely be PCS or Prime 1.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #82
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I honestly think people are getting less hyped about these two franchises because PCS has sooo many delays with their products. Unfortunately it is normal for us to sit back now and say " Oh it will be delayed for two years." Also, outside of the Tournament scene, I don't think SFV is as hype as SFIV came to be. Allot of people are still upset at how the game turned out and that canl kind of trickle down to the type of product being sold.

But on the flip side, if I were to choose a company to sculpt Ryu or any other Street Fighter character, it would definitely be PCS or Prime 1.
Not Prototypez? Don't get me wrong, I think PCS' sculpts are great but the Prototypez Statues seem to be pretty amazing.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #83
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
and the problem is no matter who gets the license they likely never will be. we'll just end up with more Spiderman, Cap, Iron Man and Wolverine.....forever. Bowen was the only company I can really think of that would tackle the C and below tier, and that's only because he was around for so darn long he was eventually able to get to them.
the reality is its too expensive for a company to produce a large scale statue of some C / D list characters. how many 1/4 scale stilt mans do you think would sell for $550-650?

these companies have to play the long game and count on sales from non-completionist customers who just want a statue of their favorite character or two

all this is moot though - jerry has already stated PCS will never be able to do marvel / dc statues
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #84
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the reality is its too expensive for a company to produce a large scale statue of some C / D list characters. how many 1/4 scale stilt mans do you think would sell for $550-650?

these companies have to play the long game and count on sales from non-completionist customers who just want a statue of their favorite character or two

all this is moot though - jerry has already stated PCS will never be able to do marvel / dc statues
Licensing costs are probably astronomical for a smaller company. Back when Sideshow got them in the mid-2000's it probably would have been okay, but now, if you haven't blown up with sales or are trying to keep your numbers within a certain realm, I'd imagine the costs for Both Marvel and DC are just too great.

Even the Marvel Stuff from Prototypez is coming from a partnership.

What i'd love to see from PCS are some if the smaller Comic companies. I think with PCS model of keeping a low ES would fit right in with say Valiant, Dark Horse and Image.

Though I think Valiant is still a little too small right now. If they could regain their 90's popularity it would be amazing.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #85
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
What i'd love to see from PCS are some if the smaller Comic companies. I think with PCS model of keeping a low ES would fit right in with say Valiant, Dark Horse and Image.
thats what im saying, i think thats an untapped market - i think those licenses have enough characters you could do a line with relatively low es 800-1000 and still be profitable. i mean sideshows hellboy had a total es of 2000 and its long gone now and i would LOVE to see some additional characters made and you know id take a goon statue as well

image is another gold mine - again if todd let someone do some 1/4 scale spawn statues, geez talk about money in the bank. spawn aside theres still a ton of characters that would bring in all kinds of customers and cash

but i think jerry should try for spawn, i think todd would listen to him where he wouldnt give other companies the time of day
Old 09-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #86
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
thats what im saying, i think thats an untapped market - i think those licenses have enough characters you could do a line with relatively low es 800-1000 and still be profitable. i mean sideshows hellboy had a total es of 2000 and its long gone now and i would LOVE to see some additional characters made and you know id take a goon statue as well

image is another gold mine - again if todd let someone do some 1/4 scale spawn statues, geez talk about money in the bank. spawn aside theres still a ton of characters that would bring in all kinds of customers and cash

but i think jerry should try for spawn, i think todd would listen to him where he wouldnt give other companies the time of day
It's possible, I do think Todd's ego get's in the way of what could be successful partnerships. But Spawn aside, like you said there are other Characters.

Valiant:
X-O Manowar
Bloodshot
Ninjak
Shadowman
Rai
Eternal Warrior
Unity

DarkHorse:
Hellboy
B.P.R.D.
Kull
Groo
Usagi Yojimbo
Creepy
Eerie
Ghost
Captain Midnight

Image might be a little more complex because they're all creator owned and you'd probably have to get licenses from each creator, but if you could bundle them all together it'd be pretty amazing.

There's even Dyanamite Characters that Sideshow hasn't touched because they're too busy doing Vampirella every 12 months.

EDIT: And By the way Mr. ant, Jerry, if you are reading this....Shadow Hawk
Old 09-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #87
SONICobra
Batman

good point on image, hadnt considered that but i would say there is a strong possibility you are 100% correct on that

image aside as you have just pointed out there are so many unexplored opportunities. dark horse seems like the obvious choice but perhaps im biased
Old 09-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #88
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

My Ultimate dream would be for Jerry to just finish off the MK 1/4 Klassic Line. They are the quintessential sculpts and depictions of the characters we all know and love.

Jerry should ditch MK installment specific lines, because with Netherealm/Warner Bros making a sequel to MK every 2 years, it just doesn't grab the attention of customers because it takes 1-2 years to get a single statue from that line out, and then excitement fades from the game, and ultimately any statue from that line.

If I were Jerry, I would just focus on the 1:4 Klassic line, and 1:3 'Artistic Interpretation' line that you are currently doing, to keep both current fanbases happy.

Making another reboot warrants no positive outcome from anyone who is currently invested in one of the current MK lines.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #89
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
My Ultimate dream would be for Jerry to just finish off the MK 1/4 Klassic Line. They are the quintessential sculpts and depictions of the characters we all know and love.

Jerry should ditch MK installment specific lines, because with Netherealm/Warner Bros making a sequel to MK every 2 years, it just doesn't grab the attention of customers because it takes 1-2 years to get a single statue from that line out, and then excitement fades from the game, and ultimately any statue from that line.

If I were Jerry, I would just focus on the 1:4 Klassic line, and 1:3 'Artistic Interpretation' line that you are currently doing, to keep both current fanbases happy.

Making another reboot warrants no positive outcome from anyone who is currently invested in one of the current MK lines.
I think, while 1/3 is great presence wise, 1/4 still is where the money is at. So I think two 1/4 lines would be a good idea.
1. the MK Klassics, like you said, they're classics for a reason
2. MK Ultra, a stylized fully sculpted artist interpreted line where a mix-mash of the best of all the interpretations can be put into one statue.

That might be pretty amazing, but I agree that single game statues probably won't work with timelines the way they are.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #90
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
good point on image, hadnt considered that but i would say there is a strong possibility you are 100% correct on that

image aside as you have just pointed out there are so many unexplored opportunities. dark horse seems like the obvious choice but perhaps im biased
I'd buy a good Bloodshot, that piece that Quarantine did just didn't come out right. I'd also love to see a Magnus the Robot fighter...unfortunately I'm probably the only one.

The Shadow and The Phantom would be cool from the 40's pulps as well.