Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #281
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This looks like a great piece and the best Domino I have seen so far! Hopefully Sideshow can pull it off in production as these days I am all kinds of nervous about that.

At over $600 after taxes and shipping I have become a lot more selective and can't just buy because it looks great. The face is a great sculpt but I just don't care for short (not even bob style) on my female pieces.

Pass but excited to see these in your collections!
The exclusive portrait is great, but we all know that we might not get that on the production piece. The paint will be quite a bit more flat.

I can't decide who I like more to go with X-23.... Domino or Mystique?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 PM   #282
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
The exclusive portrait is great, but we all know that we might not get that on the production piece. The paint will be quite a bit more flat.

Well at least Domino has more to do with sculpt, than, for example, the new PF WW with was TOTALLY relying on paint app.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #283
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post

Imo Domino looks more attractive (well the prototype is), but Mystique makes a better accompanying piece to X23 due to the EX.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #284
dechirico7
The Flash

I think I prefer the pose on Mystique, and her pop of color. Domino....I love the base and details. I really wish Domino would have been slightly more dynamic.

I really loved the X-Force books when X-23 and Domino were in them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #285
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I wish the EX head was turned a bit more to her right like the regular HS. If you display the statue with the front of the slot machine visible, then you lose the distinctive mark on the EX face.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #286
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I wish the EX head was turned a bit more to her right like the regular HS. If you display the statue with the front of the slot machine visible, then you lose the distinctive mark on the EX face.
Sure, but the bright side of this choice made by Sideshow is that it is now really a true 3D statue. Depending on the head you choose to display, you have the possibility to see different parts of the statue that you would have never seen in keeping it in the perfect angle for the two heads looking at the same direction.

It is the first and only piece to my knowledge (I could be wrong about that ) to have benefited from this artistic choice (at least at this extent) and I am genuinely surprised and delighted by this bold move from Sideshow.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #287
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The base is circular so you can just rotate it so that angle is straight on. Looks good from that angle too, it shows off her arched back

Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #288
Biggunz
Loki

I say Let them Keep It.
Give Me a Hell Yeah!
This thing based on this character should be $400.00
At this price next time it’s a character we like it’s going to be $785.00 plus taxes and shipping (wait I think we’re already here )
That is sideshow the little yellow guy. That’s you who purchased this
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #289
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This appears very well done. I’m not a big enough fan of the character to buy this piece but it looks very good. Hopefully they can produce it to look as good as the proto.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:26 PM   #290
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
This thing based on this character should be $400.00
Speak for yourself my Dear, Domino is my favorite character since 2 decades and this statue is the grail that I was waiting for since I started collecting 15 years ago + her statue arrived in second place just one point behind Juggernaut in the 12 days poll on this forum. So just 3 words : How dare you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
At this price next time it’s a character we like it’s going to be $785.00
Clearly you're right about the "Sideshow inflation" price , but wrong for your A B or C character theory, Emma Frost and Psylocke new PFs for example are the same price as Domino and they are A characters.
So the price has nearly nothing to do with the popularity, at least on these latest release.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote