Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #21
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I don't think they'd miss out mark iii, you'll see lol

It's too bulky to be mark v and the only other one it looks like is ii
I dunno. I think 'bulk' could be deceptive in a silhouette...

At any rate, going over the armors, the only choices are:

Mark II (Iron Man)
Mark III (Iron Man)
Mark IV (Iron Man 2)
Mark V (Iron Man 2)

Mark XLV (The third Age of Ultron armor; they're doing the other two already...)
Mark XLVI (Civil War armor)
Mark XLVII (Homecoming armor)

I doubt they'd do any Iron Legion.

I think the silhouette of that last Arc Reactor looks a little too large to be from the later movies. So, what's most likely? And are Queen even necessarily done with armors after this silhouette line-up? I don't know if they've been asked that.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 PM   #22
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't dislike the Mark 42 as much as some do, but it is baffling to me that they'd pick it for the centerpiece. Especially with the Mark 43 already represented. They're the same armors, I was hoping for a Mark 46.

I'd love to see a Mark 6 or 5. Those two never seem to get enough love (the 5 I get why, but the 6 has a lot of screen time relative to some of Tony's suits).
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:17 AM   #23
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Yeah 6 is very important as it played a big role in IM2 (and avengers?) and sideshow's PF was pretty good

Only thing slightly weird about it is the triangular arc reactor but I hope it gets more love eventually

Who knows, queen might do the whole line and get rich off iron man and star wars
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:37 PM   #24
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
What?s in his hands? My guess is when he pulls out the optical cables when he says ?this looks important?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Yep that would be my guess, I'm not crazy about the pose though as it kinda looks like he has his right hand raised up ready to fire of a blast, which makes no sense as they were no other enemies to fight in that scene other than Monger.
Went back and rewatched that, and I'm now convinced you guys are right. Zoomed in on the silhouette, and a lot looks familiar. Good call.

Tilted torso and right hand of Iron Monger base, while Iron Man's on his shoulders. But yeah, not sure about Iron Man's right hand... In the actual scene he rips it out with his right hand, as his left hand armor is missing, so I guess szabo is right that they may have taken some liberties. I hope he's fully armored and not too battle damaged.

A relief that it looks to be the Mark III anyway.

Also, statue could have changed from this silhouette. The Mark 43 did. They changed the left hand from open to closed.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:52 AM   #25
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And I get that there are many options for mostly red suits, and far fewer of the others, however...I don't own any Iron Mans yet. Haven't liked any until this line, so was personally hoping they'd deliver specific armors.

I know you like the Predator 2 armor better as well. Is that a tendency? Do you often like the less popular 'versions'? Just curious.
Well I'm not an Iron Man fan. I like quite a few of the suits, but I don't have much interest in the character outside of that. This gives me the freedom to view them with a strictly visual mindset.

42, 85, Silver Centurion and the Starboost/Gemini suits really hit that special spot for me.

The OG Predator design is extraordinary. So is the P2. They're both SWS creations and are equally impressive and unique for differing reasons. The flavor of the City Hunter's look has always appealed to me more, even the film has, but I absolutely love and respect the original.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #26
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Well I'm not an Iron Man fan. I like quite a few of the suits, but I don't have much interest in the character outside of that. This gives me the freedom to view them with a strictly visual mindset.

42, 85, Silver Centurion and the Starboost/Gemini suits really hit that special spot for me.

The OG Predator design is extraordinary. So is the P2. They're both SWS creations and are equally impressive and unique for differing reasons. The flavor of the City Hunter's look has always appealed to me more, even the film has, but I absolutely love and respect the original.
Yeah, that Starboost design kicks ass...it's just not very 'Iron Man' to me. I'd love it in any other context.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #27
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I completely forgot about starboost and the other house party suits designed for merchandising and hot toys royalties
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #28
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #29
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

They should give options of the armour falling apart if they want it to be as accurate as it is in the movie.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #30
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Going up for preorder on 4th May, no price or ES announced yet.
Would be great if someone could update the silhouette, I think we know what all the armors are now.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote