Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #41
ManthingVT
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons1 View Post
what other elements mark?.by the way I also have your manthing and mysterio.never realized they had the same sculpter.along with this masterreplica spidey I think its safe to say that you are in the top 3 sculpters out there. along with bowen and paquet.
At this point I'm not 100% positive about the other elements. Some form of thr SM3 logo suspended on clear lexan(?), is supposed to go somewhere.

Good to hear that you have the MT & Mysterio! They were fun projects and fullfilled one of my boyhood dreams of doing work for Marvel comics (I actually wrote that as my goal in my 8th grade yearbook back in the mid-1970s! lol). OK, not DIRECTLY with Marvel, nor as a penciller, but still a bullseye in my book. lol

Putting me in a list with Randy and William is quite a compliment- which I must humbly say I don't deserve. But I appreciate it nonetheless.

Thanks,

MVT
ManthingVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #42
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks pretty damn cool.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #43
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManthingVT View Post
At this point I'm not 100% positive about the other elements. Some form of thr SM3 logo suspended on clear lexan(?), is supposed to go somewhere.

Good to hear that you have the MT & Mysterio! They were fun projects and fullfilled one of my boyhood dreams of doing work for Marvel comics (I actually wrote that as my goal in my 8th grade yearbook back in the mid-1970s! lol). OK, not DIRECTLY with Marvel, nor as a penciller, but still a bullseye in my book. lol

Putting me in a list with Randy and William is quite a compliment- which I must humbly say I don't deserve. But I appreciate it nonetheless.

Thanks,

MVT
wow thats cool to want to work for marvel since grade school,and now getting the chance.I am happy for you.and you do rank up there with paquet and bowen.william is such a master with small details, then look at your manthing details.randy is able to capture the perfect, iconic time in the characters life,then you look at your statues,and you have some of that ability to.so it is easy to rank you with those guys.p.s tell them not to put a name plate on that spidey!!!!what, like somebody in the world does not know that that is spiderman!
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:12 AM   #44
comicfan
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodiduck View Post
Waiting and shopping
comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:04 AM   #45
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManthingVT View Post
Hey, thanks again!

DD-Ramsey, is that you?
Yup it's me. I just clicked back on this thread and fell in love with the statue all over again. I don't usually go for comic-book movie statues but for this one I'm making an exception, again solid work MVT!!!
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #46
ManthingVT
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Drifter View Post
Yup it's me. I just clicked back on this thread and fell in love with the statue all over again. I don't usually go for comic-book movie statues but for this one I'm making an exception, again solid work MVT!!!
I figured out it was definitely you after I posted... good to hear from you and I hope all's well . How's Scotland lol! (inside joke!)

Glad you like it still. thaks

Gene, the logo has to do with this being a replica of the original SM3 movie poster, so it'll probably happen. I think it's a good idea because the large background would look empty and unfinished without it.

MVT
ManthingVT is offline   Reply With Quote