Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 11-26-2023, 05:13 PM   #741
StormyWeather
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

MARVEL UNBOUND BASE CARD #104 ORIGINAL ART : SABRETOOTH.

Week #104 of Marvel Unbound will be available on Upper Deck e-Pack? this Monday, on 11/27/23 at 9:00 am PT.

The sketch cards are no longer an achievement at the end of the Upper Deck Marvel Unbound set but are randomly inserted each week in a pack, with a chance of it being an oversized 5x7 Sketch Card.
Please note: the Sketch Card may not match the specific character for each week.
The featured Marvel character this week is SABRETOOTH.

StormyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:27 AM   #742
StormyWeather
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

2022 MARVEL UNBOUND BATTLE SCENES QUARTERLY ACHIEVEMENTS (#92-104): MILES MORALES VS PROWLER..

Old 11-30-2023, 04:13 AM   #743
StormyWeather

UPPER DECK MARVEL PREMIER 5X7 SKETCH CARD – BLACK CAT
Peinture a l'huile et encres sur papier, 12,7 X 17,8cm/oil painting and inks on paper, 5"X7".

Old 12-06-2023, 05:22 AM   #744
StormyWeather

Two Marvel Premier sketch cards that were pulled a few days ago: a 5'X7'sketch card, and a quad panel.

5'X7' SKETCH CARD – SPEED
Peinture a l'huile et encres sur papier, 12,7 X 17,8cm/oil painting and inks on paper, 5"X7".

QUAD PANEL SKETCH CARD - WASP
Huile et encres sur carte - 24 X 9cm
/oil painting and inks on cardboard - 9,5" X 3,5".

Old 12-08-2023, 05:44 AM   #745
StormyWeather

2021 MARVEL PREMIER 5'X7' SKETCH CARD – MAGIK

Old 12-11-2023, 04:39 AM   #746
StormyWeather

Continuation of my triple panel sketch cards for 2021 UPPER DECK MARVEL PREMIER
Huile et encres sur carte - 19 X9cm
/oil painting and inks on cardboard - 5" X 7,5".

Old 12-11-2023, 04:40 PM   #747
Kelg
Fantastic Four

Your work is so joyous to look at. So prolific and colorful. I looked at every page and wasn't bored.
I love your choice of face models for many of them--especially the Gwen Stacy stands out in a couple of the pictures.
Compared to Alex Ross--who I think uses the same model for Wonder Woman and a few others-you have so much face variety.

I am curious how much model reference you use in doing these. I assume you can do a painting blindfolded but do you see certain characters a particular way? Or do you just randomly assign a face design and then go with it?
Kelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:43 AM   #748
StormyWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelg View Post
Your work is so joyous to look at. So prolific and colorful. I looked at every page and wasn't bored.
I love your choice of face models for many of them--especially the Gwen Stacy stands out in a couple of the pictures.
Compared to Alex Ross--who I think uses the same model for Wonder Woman and a few others-you have so much face variety.

I am curious how much model reference you use in doing these. I assume you can do a painting blindfolded but do you see certain characters a particular way? Or do you just randomly assign a face design and then go with it?
Thank you for your very nice comment!
I am always happy to see feelings about my paintings.

The fact is that I attach a lot of importance to faces because I am a portrait painter basically. And I have my memories of reading comic books in mind when I draw the faces; I think of Gene Colan when I have to paint Black Widow, or John Romita Sr when I have to paint Gwen Stacy.
Comic books continue to be the ultimate reference.
I also draw a lot of inspiration from the canons of the contemporary era of the artists to whom I refer, the 60s for Gwen for example, or the 70s for Natasha.
Sometimes I don't find the right face right away, I'm spinning around.
But when I hold it, I don't let it go.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:44 AM   #749
StormyWeather

2021 MARVEL PREMIER 5'X7' SKETCH CARD – ENCHANTRESS

Old 12-13-2023, 09:26 AM   #750
jeremydmc
Black Panther

A ton of awesome updates since I was last here. Great work all around. Thank you very much for continuing to share these.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote