Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Superman vs. The Hulk

I finally have the perfect place to ask this question. I know this forum will have the right answer...

We have all read/seen this fight in comics before: Superman vs. The Hulk. And it seems the Hulk always loses out (marvel vs. dc, the classic Superman/Spider-man crossover, etc).

I just find it hard to believe that Superman could defeat an ENRAGED Hulk when he can't even survive a knock-down, drag-out slugfest with Doomsday!

In my opinion, the Hulk would win in a nasty one...

What say you? WTFK I KNOW you have the answer my man!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The Superman/Hulk crossover, terrifically drawn by Steve Rude, is my favorite off all of them (Superman has serious trouble with Hulk but neither truly gets the best of the other), compared to the John Buscema Superman/Spider-Man or that awful Marvel vs. DC series (ugh...Captain America slipping while throwing his shield and missing Batman while Batman wings Cap with his Batarang...in both the Byrne Batman/Cap and the Perez JLA/Avengers Batman agrees Cap has the edge over him).

Anyway, to you question, I don't buy Superman's standing stationary while The Hulk whollops away at him, as in the Superman/Spider-Man story you mentioned. I think if Superman strikes fast and strikes hard he could take out The Hulk. But if the battle is prolonged and Hulk becomes truly enraged, I'm with you, in terms of sheer strength and ferocity I'd give it to The Hulk. I do think Superman's speed and flying ability would make it tough for The Hulk but that Hulk's strength and stamina would win out over Superman.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Good points WKTF. Superman's repertoire of power would make it tough for greenskins to pull it off. But the Hulk's "healing factor" and Superman's propensity for decency put him at a significant disadvantage.

I could definetly see Superman taking the chicken route and using his flight, speed, heat vision, yada yada yada...bah!

Blasted boy scout.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan
I finally have the perfect place to ask this question. I know this forum will have the right answer...

We have all read/seen this fight in comics before: Superman vs. The Hulk. And it seems the Hulk always loses out (marvel vs. dc, the classic Superman/Spider-man crossover, etc).

I just find it hard to believe that Superman could defeat an ENRAGED Hulk when he can't even survive a knock-down, drag-out slugfest with Doomsday!

In my opinion, the Hulk would win in a nasty one...

What say you? WTFK I KNOW you have the answer my man!

You should check out CountingDown.com under VS we had this one over a 100 posts with paragraphs from everyone. Personally, I don't care how mad the Hulk gets he can't take out Sup's. Flight, speed, vision, breath etc.... too much for the Hulk to handle. I don't care if the Hulk's enraged or not I still think the big blue boy scout is stronger. Fly in fast grab him by the toe and toss him into orbit. Bye, Bye Greeny!!!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Hulk Destroys anything in his way! (and no I do not own this piece)

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Give me a break HalJordan...Supes couldnt even save his OWN neck from Doomsday. I dont remember there ever being a funeral for the Hulk!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

CK you are wise beyond your years!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
The Superman/Hulk crossover, terrifically drawn by Steve Rude, is my favorite off all of them (Superman has serious trouble with Hulk but neither truly gets the best of the other), compared to the John Buscema Superman/Spider-Man or that awful Marvel vs. DC series (ugh...Captain America slipping while throwing his shield and missing Batman while Batman wings Cap with his Batarang...in both the Byrne Batman/Cap and the Perez JLA/Avengers Batman agrees Cap has the edge over him).

Anyway, to you question, I don't buy Superman's standing stationary while The Hulk whollops away at him, as in the Superman/Spider-Man story you mentioned. I think if Superman strikes fast and strikes hard he could take out The Hulk. But if the battle is prolonged and Hulk becomes truly enraged, I'm with you, in terms of sheer strength and ferocity I'd give it to The Hulk. I do think Superman's speed and flying ability would make it tough for The Hulk but that Hulk's strength and stamina would win out over Superman.

Of course he could....that's the whole point, isn't it? Superman could burn the Hulk's head off in very short order if he wanted to. He could also pummel Hulk's head into jello while moving at such superspeed that the Hulk couldn't land a punch. I love both these characters, but if fans of both are being completely honest with themselves, then Superman wins, just by virtue of the combination of powers at his command. He wins against Thor for the same reason. Thor is very sturdy, but Superman would pulverize his head in short order, because Superman is physically invulnerable, and Thor is not. Now, if you say that Superman's code of ethics wouldn't allow him to destroy an opponent like that, the same can't be said of Gladiator who is Superman's equivalent in powers, but he is a warrior first and last, and would give no quarter. He would strike hard, fast, and deadly, taking down either of these opponents. But, Marvel uses Gladiator as a poster boy virtually a "whipping boy", to show that their charactes can take down Superman, and so he looses all sorts of absurd fights that if the writers were just basing on power, he would win.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #9
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I say that as much as I hate it, a Pre-Crisis Supes would be able to be the Hulk and Thor. Supes had tooo much power at his disposal. however, a Post-Crisis Supes isn't as powerful as the Pre-Crisis one. same powers but just isn't the same level and that's why Hulk or Thor I feel should be able to beat him. and for the Hulk's healing power, well let's just say that I never really bought into that.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Well, Superman could never defeat Thor. Superman is vulnerable to magic, and since Thor is a mystical being. Victory would be assured.

So how come no one brings up the fact that Superman was "killed" by Doomsday? Are you saying that Doomsday could defeat the Hulk as well? If Superman couldnt beat Doomsday with all of his vaunted ability (Speed, strength, and this heat vision), then he certainly couldnt beat the Hulk (but the Hulk would need to be pissed, I'll give you that).

And stop saying he would burn people's heads off! LOL Superman is not a killer, youre breaking the rules!