Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Cinemaquette Future?

I'm a new member who wants to first say hello (HELLO!) and secondly thank everyone for turning me onto Cinemaquette figures. Because of all the positive posts I've read here about this incredible line I have decided to buy my first figure (T850) Thanks everyone!

Here is my first question... What is the future of this line? I'm excited about Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones releases but I'm disappointed by the announcement of the Godfather. No offence to all who might be Godfather fans but I just can't see a $1500 Cinemaquette of this character being a success? It just does not fit in with what the company has already produced and announced. Would not something that appeals to a broader audience be a better choice? With all the great characters out there based on scifi/fantasy/adventure films why take a chance with the Godfather?

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a fear that all it is going to take is one or two "bombs" to kill this incredible line.

What does everyone think? Are collectors lining up to get their hands on a Godfather figure? Do you think say a Darth Vader would be a better seller and promoter of/for this line?
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

.....dude.....better character than one of the most iconic chracters of all time?.....there's many godfather and marlon brando fans out there.....it will probably outsell the poorly received aragorn......that's for sure.... i will save for the godfather and predator.....
......and there will be no vader anytime soon...they don't have the license....
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 AM   #3
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I`m not a fan of The Godfather, so I will not be ordering one. However he is an iconic character for many and there are many awaiting the release of this piece. I don`t see CM having a problem with the sale of this one.
As for Vader, CM do not have the Star Wars license at present. Therefor are unable to release Star Wars pieces. Until they get that license, there are plenty of releases to look forward to.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
IronFingaz
U talkin' to me?

I can't wait for The Godfather to be released... I don't think it will hurt business at all... Aragon on the other hand ... You should also consider that they are making movie-related characters so The Godfather is a must.
IronFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #5
DetroitSportsFan
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfan View Post
Here is my first question... What is the future of this line? I'm excited about Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones releases but I'm disappointed by the announcement of the Godfather. No offence to all who might be Godfather fans but I just can't see a $1500 Cinemaquette of this character being a success? It just does not fit in with what the company has already produced and announced. Would not something that appeals to a broader audience be a better choice? With all the great characters out there based on scifi/fantasy/adventure films why take a chance with the Godfather?

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a fear that all it is going to take is one or two "bombs" to kill this incredible line.
Jack Sparrow
Indy
Godfather
Predator
Gandalf
Legolas
Bruce Lee
Scarface

There's something here for just about everyone.
DetroitSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
KitFisto
Frackin!

I am really looking forward to The Godfather. I love the movie and I think it will be a great figure.

I only have the T-850 right now, but Jack Sparrow & The Godfather are a must for me. Indy will depend on the likeness and final product ( not crazy about that beard ). I will also go back and get the T-800.
KitFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #7
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

The Godfather is one of my most expected statue/collectibles EVER! In fact, with this one I may buy not one, but two(one for back up! lol)
Not only a remarkable strong character, but one of the biggest movie icons of all time, from one of the best movies of all time, from arguably the best actor of all time(a true legend). I'm sure it will do VERY well on the sales, so you REALLY don't need to worry about it making any "damages" to CM reputation and future. Much for the contrary, will do them very good. There's TONS of Marlon Brando/Godafther fans out there, just waiting for a quality collectible to be done. It will be the best and definitive Don Corleone collectible out there.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
monsterfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
.....dude.....better character than one of the most iconic chracters of all time?.....there's many godfather and marlon brando fans out there.....it will probably outsell the poorly received aragorn......that's for sure.... i will save for the godfather and predator.....
......and there will be no vader anytime soon...they don't have the license....
..there is nothing wrong with the Godfather but with so many more "perfect for Cinemaquette" properties out there it just seems like a strange fit. Maybe I'm spoiled at what CM has done already for scifi/fantasy fans.. Alien, Terminator, Lord of the Rings, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Pirates... Godfather?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
monsterfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
The Godfather is one of my most expected statue/collectibles EVER! In fact, with this one I may buy not one, but two(one for back up! lol)
Not only a remarkable strong character, but one of the biggest movie icons of all time, from one of the best movies of all time, from arguably the best actor of all time(a true legend). I'm sure it will do VERY well on the sales, so you REALLY don't need to worry about it making any "damages" to CM reputation and future. Much for the contrary, will do them very good. There's TONS of Marlon Brando/Godafther fans out there, just waiting for a quality collectible to be done. It will be the best and definitive Don Corleone collectible out there.
WOW, never realized that there was such a strong following for the Godfather. I guess only time will tell if it sells well.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #10
Exar Kun
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The CM pieces are selling, slowly, but selling for sure.
Exar Kun is offline   Reply With Quote