Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-22-2020, 04:38 PM   #4541
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
I assume this probably also goes for the new Carnage that pairs with Venom that past word was PO details would surface June and we are about to the end of June. LOL
It does look like the Carnage Fine Art got pushed back a little further. Once I have a sold confirmation of the new date I'll update this thread.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #4542
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousefouraname View Post
Is the Tie Fighter Pilot still coming out in July? Many other releases have been pushed back, but this is still saying July. Thanks!
I believe Luke Skywalker X-Wing pilot ARTFX+ will be arriving to the US in July followed by Anakin Skywalker ARTFX+
Old 06-22-2020, 06:14 PM   #4543
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
It does look like the Carnage Fine Art got pushed back a little further. Once I have a sold confirmation of the new date I'll update this thread.
Do you have any access to the dimensions? Been waiting on that a bit more then the PO considering I don't know if I have space for it.
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #4544
masterlei13
Birdman

i dont think hes in the fine art line Gonk. spidey and venom are artfx and so well he be. correct me of im wrong anyway.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #4545
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
i dont think hes in the fine art line Gonk. spidey and venom are artfx and so well he be. correct me of im wrong anyway.
Carnage is a tricky one. The base (and I believe his body) are resin but his tentacles will be some type of plastic to avoid them from easily breaking. In our product schedule he's listed as a Fine Art but that could change once solicitation begins.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 AM   #4546
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Carnage is a tricky one. The base (and I believe his body) are resin but his tentacles will be some type of plastic to avoid them from easily breaking. In our product schedule he's listed as a Fine Art but that could change once solicitation begins.
So Carnage is officially a Fine Art release. I'm being told from our team in Japan all parts will be some type of resin material.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:41 AM   #4547
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
So Carnage is officially a Fine Art release. I'm being told from our team in Japan all parts will be some type of resin material.
That's an odd one. Slap me if I'm wrong but isn't the Venom he is intended to be paired with an ArtFX and not Fine Art?

Venom is $250USD at KotoUS. Go and slap the term Fine Art on the Carnage box and that's another $100 or so. Odd to see the blending of series for two items that are marketed to pair together as a battle scene. Don't really get the method here myself.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #4548
AlexWilliams
Doh!

Please make renewal of Asuka Kazama and Alisa Bosconovitch from Tekken. Like you did with Christie Monteiro and Jun Kazama last year.
AlexWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #4549
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
That's odd. Why release a companion piece for an already released statue and then put it in another line?

Also why isn't carnage and his tentacles PVC and the base polystone like Venom & Spideman? I figured that was the point, to get dynamic poses without the fear of leaning.

Also with this now being in the fine art line does that mean the price is going to be in the $350+ range rather than $250?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #4550
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
That's odd. Why release a companion piece for an already released statue and then put it in another line?

Also why isn't carnage and his tentacles PVC and the base polystone like Venom & Spideman? I figured that was the point, to get dynamic poses without the fear of leaning.

Also with this now being in the fine art line does that mean the price is going to be in the $350+ range rather than $250?
I said the same exact thing above about being a different series. Doesn't make sense and I think it's a bad move. Now if Venom was originally released as a Fine Art then fine but he wasn't.

Also don't like the fact Carnage is more then likely going to cost a considerable amount more then venom being in the higher class line. At the possible price point might as well hit Ebay for one of the older Sideshow Carnage statues that has him up on the same type of building section wouldn't be that much more in cost.