Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #1311
Biggunz
Loki

I'm tired of pcs boxes being cooler then the piece.
I still love my subzero 1/3 box.
Everyone cancel until there's free shipping.
Go ninja, go ninja, go.

Problem solved. Thank me later
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #1312
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I'm tired of pcs boxes being cooler then the piece.
I still love my subzero 1/3 box.
Everyone cancel until there's free shipping.
Go ninja, go ninja, go.

Problem solved. Thank me later
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #1313
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I can understand really wanting this piece and wanting it to be good. Believe me I'm right there with you guys. A very small part of me thinks this will come out looking pretty close to proto, but not enough, paint app wise. At $2600 Canadian, you better believe it has to hit proto standard. With many other companies on the market sitting at that price point and literally delivering proto quality, PCS had better keep up or risk being squashed by competition....

So while I believe PCS aimed to do well with Goro, I don't think it received anymore special treatment than past pieces. That's where my doubts on the finished product come in. ...

I hope I'm wrong, but I just got that gut feeling.

Chris
That's pretty much where we all are, especially those bold parts.
PCS customers have been asked to have faith.

Well we have, we've ponied up the money and kept our orders this long.

But seeing is believing.

They want to seal the deal, they need to show their sh!t.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #1314
dao2
Cyclops

I dunno I've been pretty happy with all my PCS pieces, especially for their price.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #1315
Biggunz
Loki

You must have not got mortal komBATTED.

Go sell anyone of those pieces and I’m 90% confident you will get $100-200 less on every piece, depending on what it is.

In all honesty in all of PCs pieces this shipped last year not one of them will sell for retail value, plus taxes, plus shipping.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 PM   #1316
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I dunno I've been pretty happy with all my PCS pieces, especially for their price.

Ryu 1:3, Mileena, Ultras, yes nice.

I'm not referring to other statues but this one.
This is their MOST ambitious highest price piece.

Pretty much this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
With pieces like Goro however they're pushing up on companies that don't play around with standards like "ahh close enough" or "we gave the factory go ahead based on the proto they sent us, not our fault the actual production pieces got shipped to customers looking less than impressive". That crap doesn't fly anymore,
Raise expectations to get sales? Then meet them.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:56 AM   #1317
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
You must have not got mortal komBATTED.

Go sell anyone of those pieces and I’m 90% confident you will get $100-200 less on every piece, depending on what it is.

In all honesty in all of PCs pieces this shipped last year not one of them will sell for retail value, plus taxes, plus shipping.
Are you kidding me?? I can bet you all my 1/3 Ninjas, 1/4 Shao Kahn, 1/3 Darkness, MK 9 Subzero will all sell for more then retail!

My 1/3 Ninjas were $594 plus $50 for shipping giving a total of $644.. I know for a fact they can sell higher then $644 and the Ninjas actually came out very good. Especially, for that price at 1/3 scale is a great deal and the 1/3 Ninjas in person look amazing!

I still know some collectors in my area willing to pay $900 for it so please stop spreading false info as I constantly get a lot of offers for these PCS statues that I mentioned above. I will not sell them unless I was in dire need to survive, but I can assure you I have a couple people right now if I said to them I was getting rid of it they buy for $900 in a heartbeat. All offers I get for the last year PCS statues are higer then the retail I paid for it.

Maybe, you just do not have a good outlet to sell them, but many people still want a lot of those low production runs and will still pay a good price for it...

Keep in mind the Internet like here and facebook to sell statues is not the only place and when you have negative nancy’s not even owning any of these statues trashing it from some low quality pic or a collector here nit picking every part of the clothes which by the way looks really good out the box... FLUFF AWAY and you are good...

The collectors going above and beyond to do some GUUCI clothes upgrades for the Ninjas will talk negative since they believe a 1/3 statue for $594 should have Louis Vuitton clothes. I was impressed how the outfits were tailored and once again collectors that see mine in person want to buy it from me for higher then retail.

Maybe, if they were priced at 1k for a 1/3 then they could increase the quality of the clothes, but for what we paid for those at reail they are definitely worth the price and more. They look amazing and the 3 Ninjas displayed together are very nice.

If you are selling a statue under retail price you obviously are not doing it right and are not targeting the right collectors. The light ups on 1/3 Scorpion and Sub Zero are stunning and once again all this went into a $594 1/3 statue.. Do you realize they have PF 1/4 statues higher priced then the 1/3’s retailed at and I will bet you my entire collection all those PCS statues can sell for more then retail.

You are basically saying that if someone would only want to offer $100-200 less then retail then the 1/3 Ninjas are only worth the total $644 w/ shipping minus the $100-200= $444-$544...

If anyone sells their Ninjas for that cheap should never collect ever again because they dont deserve something so nice. The only acception to sell someting under retail is if you need quick cash to survive and have to dump
something for cheap, but if you are not in any emergency then please trust me; you can sell these for above retail!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:42 AM   #1318
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I have high expectations for Goro but what worries me is that they shipped him quietly. I would have expected to see some bragging pics by pcs on fb first once he was ready to ship. Let's hope they are just focused on pumping out pieces asap and that's why...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #1319
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
I have high expectations for Goro but what worries me is that they shipped him quietly. I would have expected to see some bragging pics by pcs on fb first once he was ready to ship. Let's hope they are just focused on pumping out pieces asap and that's why...
Yeah nothing about PCS's new owners has ever been the strong silent type. They hype teases of announcements of announcements. Ridiculous

See I don't care squat about Goro. Got this because it was so well done. I don't need a nice, well done Goro.
I buy these things to be amazed.

I'm afraid we may have our fears confirmed.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #1320
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The more I think on this the more I waiver. I wanted a representation of MK in my collection with one impressive piece. With what the shipping and customs alone would cost me on this I could practically ship a 1/3 scorpion to my door and save myself £1125. Scorpion as a character is certainly a better representation of the series also being much more recognisable.

I know if I do that though, just like I did with the cinemaquette predator, this will end up amazing, an absolute grail and worth a fortune making it impossible for me to pick it up again.

We just need some production photos!

I asked for some earlier on IG. I don't expect a response of course since they're not obligied.

Do PCS usually shy away from showing production photos before shipping them out? Is it a common occurence?
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote