Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #6711
Frayhor
Sinister Six

So, no Cable PF final prototype shown in the 12 days event, but the Juggernaut and a few entirely finished statues that we never heard about before (Batgirl, Gladiator Hulk, Domino, Alien LSB etc.)... So what happened to the Cable PF ?? Is it still on track and when will we see it as a full painted prototype ???
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:48 AM   #6712
NamesJay
The Spirit

Any truth to the rumor that Sideshow will be producing a Joseph Michael Linsner 'Dawn' piece this year?
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #6713
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

It's been three months since Alex replied...

Can you please tell me what is going on with Prime 1 Neon Genesis Evangelion Unit 01? Production pics were released, it suffered a few consecutive one-month delays, some collectors have received theirs, but now an email states a six-eight month delay?

Was the whole production ruined in the wildfires or something, and they have to start over?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #6714
ukshaun
Hercules

I read magnets loose on average 1% of their strength every year.
Given how bobble like my Sideshow Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF head is, i pictured it not staying in place in about 15 - 30 years time.

Is there an alternative to using magnets?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #6715
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Is Sideshow ever going to put the Iron Studios Exclusives that were shown at SDCC up for pre-order?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:45 PM   #6716
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Hi all! Sorry for the long absence but unfortunately time continues (and will continue) to be short for this ongoing thread of Q&A. As always, I'll try to pop in when I can to answer what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
could we pretty please have acrylic eyes for the new Darth Maul PF PLEASE. if so ill be buying one.
I'll certainly pass the suggestion along but no guarantees it's something that would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hi Alex, how are you? Will we be getting a Batgirl and Catwoman Animated Statues from the Batman Animated series soon? Saw Harley and Joker are next. Really hoping for more in the Batman line. Very excited for this line. Hoping this line continues so I can get Batgirl.
I'm well! How about you?

I would loooove a batgirl too! I don't now what's next for the line after all that was revealed though. I did see the finished prototype for Harley Quinn last week and she looked so good! The Joker is being finished up now too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Thank you Alex. You work very hard in here and we appreciate it.
Thank you! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Thanks for the answers alex but it looks like u missed my xforce variant question, any chance?
Ooops, sorry! I'm not aware of an x-force products at this time but since we've done them in the past I would't be surprised if it's something explored in the future. Maybe for Psylocke (but I honestly don't know) and maybe for other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan_gfx View Post
Hey Alex,

is there a new Spider-Man Bust in works? after the new Venom bust... I thought I'd ask
Sorry, but I don't know. It'd be great to see a new Spider-Man 1:1 Bust though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Hi Alex

THE most important question nearly everyone has: Has the new punisher statue a switch out head and or hands? Any info about the ex item? Hope you can give us the answere before pre order date.
The Ex will be the portrait that was seen at NYCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
Hey Alex!

Are there plans for further Justice League members coming down the pipe? I'm sure you can't say WHO is coming (blink once for Flash and twice for Martian Manhunter), but just knowing the line will continue after GL would be great. Thanks!
Justice League members are something that will always be peppered but as to whether newer characters are in the pipeline or now I do now know at this time. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to give everyone happy news that a Flash is coming (since many here want him) but as of now I have no such news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Are there plans for a Mera 1/4 movie statue to go with the recently revealed Aquaman?
No plans that I'm aware of but doesn't mean it's something that isn't totally off the table for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Hey Alex is the Dinosauria line still going? Will we see anything new soon if so?

Thanks!
I was just looking at some of the dinosauria pieces I have at home and thinking how much I'd like to add more pieces. Although I don't know if more are in the pipeline or not I certainly do hope there might be more in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Is there any updates on Shieve? If it isn't being produced is there a specific reason...and can I buy the prototype?
As of right now that piece is not moving forward as a product. Unfortunately I do not have info as to why it has been removed from being produced.

Sorry, the prototype is not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I have the same question about Shieve and Shard Faith Bearers Fury, both of these seem really popular with Court Fans, is there a reason for them being removed? And can someone tell Tom how much Court Fans want these? Thank you
See my answer above in regards to answering the question about reasons.

It's been passed along to many Court team members (including Tom) that fans are hoping that both Shieve and other Shard piece will become a produced product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
Back again with the same question; please do consider opening (back) up an EU warehouse. Last two statues we've got were Wolverine and Wasp for which we paid (resp) EUR 131.76 and EUR 118.95 on import fees (~285USD). This is effectively pushing international collectors out of buying direct from you.
I believe I mentioned this in my previous answer, but just in case I didn't...opening an EU warehouse is something that is explored from time to time, so maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Any chance mystique silencers on her pistols will be removable?Thanks
The guns are all one piece on this statue, so silencers are not pieces that come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
Hello Alex!
Hope you are doing well.
How far far away are we from any of this:
1. Linda Carter WW '77 Premium Format
2. Lou Ferrigno Hulk '77 Premium Format
3. New Comic Hulk Premium Format

1 and 2 based on the fact that an Adam West 66 was made.
I really don't know if any of these are in the works or not, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hello Alex, will we be seeing any Art Prints based on the Animated Statues? I'm really hoping for a Wonder Woman animated Art Print.
I'm not in the know if art prints based on the animated statues are happening but I'll pass it along to the right folks as a suggestion. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsoyens View Post
hi alex! what just happened to Phasma PF paint apps? how did this passed QC?
Getting a shinier armor ended up not being possible for this item after going through production of it.

The gallery was updated and customers emailed regarding the updated photos, so hopefully those new pictures allowed them to make the final decision of to keep it or decide to pass on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

Any chance you guys would turn that Batman Animated series Bats into Bruce Timms Batman Animated Series, with the yellow symbol, utility belt and blue and black cape, and continue the line with only Batman The Animated Series characters?

Also Ive noticed a lot of your pieces lately have been with only one leg/arm secured to the base. Im not very confident that these will stay secured in the long run and may start to lean over time. I mainly avoid any statue that is structured in this way. Please change my mind.

Thanks!
Sorry I don't know if a variation of the Batman statue is is in the works or not. I think that iteration would look great on that statue though as a variant!

Regarding pieces that have a single support leg, the team in charge of these pieces always pours over engineering of these pieces to try and ensure they will have great/strong support for the long haul. Each piece is different/unique in it's engineering and support and will utilize all different breakdowns (i.e.: large/hefty keys, metal rods, etc).

And even if a person finds a piece has started to lean, it's never discouraged for them to reach out to our Customer Service team to see what can be done to help them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, as sideshow have recently shown a teaser pic of the upcoming Juggernaut maquette, how soon can we expect to see the full reveal? Cheers!
Hope y'all like what was shown during 12 Days! Hoping that Juggernaut will Pre-Order sometime in the next several months! *crossing fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hi Sideshow Alex - during the Black-Friday sale there were 3x 1/4 scale pieces (i pre_ordered), pieces that were released recently, and they were on offer - free shipping and $50 - $65. It feels like a kick the teeth for myself and those in the same position. Maybe Sideshow should wait 1 year or more before off-loading pieces that shipping only recently.
I'll certainly send along the suggestion about waiting longer for discounts! Please know that if you find a piece you ordered and recently received has a discount you can always contact our customer service department to see if they can help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Hey Alex, any hints on how much longer we have to wait for the new punisher po?
Hopefully he'll be up for Pre-Order in February! That's the goal right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Hi Alex, reading the comments about the new Catwoman statue. A number of people would like to see a variant on this statue, a lighter grey color.
How do you determine if you are going to offer a variant on a statue ?

Thanks
Sorry but I'm not part of process or team that makes those kinds of decisions, so the determining reasons/factors are something I'm privy to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
Hello Alex,

I missed out on the Captain America/Black Widow print and was wondering when the Black Widow print is going to ready for preorder?

Thanks for your time.
At this time I've not been passed along info as to when that would be up for Pre-Order. If you're on the RSVP list for that item, you will be alerted in the future when it becomes available though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hey Alex, I hope Sideshow is exhibiting at WonderCon 2019 at the end of March. You guys were there 3 years ago, but skipped the last two. We need a statue presence at WonderCon!
Sideshow is not planning to exhibit at Wonder Con in 2019. We will be at Star Wars Celebration, SDCC and NYCC though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
When will we see Mr Freeze?
Hopefully the digital/in progress sculpt shown off during 12 Days was something you liked!

Quote:
With the massive success of Spider-Man ps4, any chance you guys get a license for that and product some pieces? They had awesome designs in that game!

Thank you Alex.
I don't know if game collectibles are being considered but I'll pass along the interest brought up in your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hello again Alex,

I really love Rogue maquette, sadly I can't place an order on this statue because I have absolutely zero proof that it won't fall after a few months because until now Sideshow didn't give any guarantee nor a single information about the engineering of this complicated piece, even though it broke during a convention (yes I know it was the prototype but as I said we know strictly nothing whether it is for the prototype or the production piece). Sideshow does not offer any guarantee after 1 month, if Rogue falls after 6 months and breaks itself and worst case other statues nearby. It's $715 ($1000 for a french collector like me) totally wasted, for such price (which are rising every three statues !!!) we NEED and DESERVE a proper guarantee and we should have had it BEFORE the preorder began, you basically ask us to give you $715 blindly even though Sideshow is know to have had leaning issues even on recent and way more simple pieces (like the last predator).

My post is not here to harass you, I just LOVE Rogue and I want to add her to my collection but I won't until someone at Sideshow gives me some vital reassurance, please do something so that I can finally place this order.
Please know that even after the 30 day window, collectors are always welcomed (and never discouraged) to reach out about their collectible if an issue has arisen to our Customers Service team. They are there to help as best they can.

Since I haven't seen a final production piece of Rogue yet (and looking at her currently estimated shipping time frame, that production piece would be estimated to be in house sometime between April - June if she remains on track) then I cannot speak to what the final engineering breakdown is. But as I stated in another answer above in regards to stability/engineering, the team that handles the journey of these pieces from prototype to final in hand pieces take the engineering very seriously, so materials used, the way it's put together, the way it should balance, longevity, etc. are carefully/thoughtfully done.

Please, of course, feel free to hold on placing an order for any piece until you find out the details you seek. So in the case of Rogue if you or anyone else want to start asking about it sometime between April - June, please do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hi Alex, any plans for a Taarna fine art print?
I don't know but I'll bring up the suggestion to the right folks! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
Hi Alex,are there any plans for a Light Fury as a companion piece to the beautiful Toothless Statue?
Broken record time (sorry), but I really don't know if more 'Dragons...' pieces are in the works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscocisco1000 View Post
Hi Alex. I wanted to know if you could say if there would be more X-Men figures down the line once Juggernaut and Cable are released and if you could say if they were heros or villains? Also the same question for The Punisher any more figures for the same line like maybe Kingpin?
There are more X-Men pieces planned beyond Juggernaut and Cable. Are they villains? Are the heroes? Is it a mix of both? Sorry but I'm not able to disclose that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm glad Sideshow is putting Prime 1 preorders on the site, but why do some statues go up within a week of when they're on Prime's site while others (like the 1:3 Supergirl) may take weeks to pop up on the Latest Releases page? It'd be awesome if we knew that if Prime 1 puts an order on their page on a Friday, then it'll be on Sideshow's site Monday (or whatever day--as long as it's consistent).
I wish I could say it would be 100% consistent moving forward but unfortunately there will be situations that arise from time to time that will delay a piece being able to launch around the same time as Prime 1 or other cases in which Sideshow wouldn't be able to carry an item at all. We certainly want to carry any Prime 1 piece (and we certainly carry a majority of their collectibles) but that isn't always possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Any comic version DC legendary scale figures or life size busts in development?
Oooo good question, but I don't know at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Any news on Cheetara? Thanks.
Hope the reveal at 12 days was liked by some of y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Hi Alex, Any plans for Watchmen?
I don't know but Watchmen (and the many other characters people asked about above) is always a potential possibility for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMan86 View Post
Any info. on how the new Harley Quinn PF will be engineered to prevent leaning? I love the statue, but fear for its longevity.
I just saw a final production piece this week and given the hefty metal/long key in her foot and metal rod that goes partway past her foot into her leg, I would believe she would be pretty sturdy overtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscocisco1000 View Post
Hey Alex! Is there any chance that we may see any characters from the Green Lantern Corps or villains from the Sinestro Corps? There are so many characters that could be made and I'm so glad that you made John Stewart now if we could just get some more characters to go with him. I know he's for the Justice League line but there's so much potential to extend the Green Lantern line like having Guy Gardner, black lanterns, and so many more
I don't know but I can't imagine other Green Lantern Corps wouldn't be explored sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

Any chance Sideshow would consider remaking a polystone variant of the SwampThing maquette?

Thanks!
A variant of the Swamp Thing Maquette made in just polystone really isn't something that would occur. But maybe Swamp Thing will be explored (different design and such) many years from now and will utilize a different material. I cannot say that would happen though.

Quote:
Alex,

Black panther film was huge! Tell me there is a new comic of in the works! It seems almost disrespectful that there hasn’t been an announcement

Thank you for your time, much love!
Hopefully the recently revealed Black Panther Statue for the Avengers Assemble line was appealing! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethrox View Post
Any chance Sideshow will make a Shazam and Black Adam piece? Would be first in line for sure.
I don't know but I'll pass along that people were asking about those characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Hi - any chance SSC will make a new silver surfer statue?
This is another one that I don't have a yes or no answer to but I'll pass along that he was brought up!

Quote:
Hello Alex,

There was talk out of SDCC of the rogue damage. Now that we are getting closer to the release of the statue, can you confirm the engineering of the piece to put folks minds at rest? A lot are worried about the durability/structural engineering of the piece. Especially since it connects via the fist and the wrist is so thin. Have measures been taken to ensure that it does not lean or snap over time?
Please see my answer above to another person regarding Rogue and engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
So, no Cable PF final prototype shown in the 12 days event, but the Juggernaut and a few entirely finished statues that we never heard about before (Batgirl, Gladiator Hulk, Domino, Alien LSB etc.)... So what happened to the Cable PF ?? Is it still on track and when will we see it as a full painted prototype ???
Cable is still coming along, he just wasn't going to be ready in time to show off in 12 Days. I don't know the exact time in which he will be done as a finished prototype but hopefully it would be sometime in the next several months. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
Any truth to the rumor that Sideshow will be producing a Joseph Michael Linsner 'Dawn' piece this year?
Not sure where the rumor started and I honestly don't know if Dawn is a character that will happen but like many other pieces asked about above I will pass along that interest in it was posted about. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It's been three months since Alex replied...

Can you please tell me what is going on with Prime 1 Neon Genesis Evangelion Unit 01? Production pics were released, it suffered a few consecutive one-month delays, some collectors have received theirs, but now an email states a six-eight month delay?

Was the whole production ruined in the wildfires or something, and they have to start over?
I'm so sorry about the delay as I know when that happens it can be frustratig/disappointing. Since this is a Prime 1 Studio produced piece details as to why the allotment coming to Sideshow has been delayed has not been passed along. These pieces 100% were not ruined in the recent wildfires that occurred around Sideshow since we never have received any stock of this item from Prime 1 as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I read magnets loose on average 1% of their strength every year.
Given how bobble like my Sideshow Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF head is, i pictured it not staying in place in about 15 - 30 years time.

Is there an alternative to using magnets?
Magnets with a key or a key without a magnet are the most widely used ways to affix portraits. You're Catwoman head should hopefully be fine for years and years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Is Sideshow ever going to put the Iron Studios Exclusives that were shown at SDCC up for pre-order?
What pieces an particular were you curious about?
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #6717
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

[QUOTE=SSAlex;5699584]Hi all! Sorry for the long absence but unfortunately time continues (and will continue) to be short for this ongoing thread of Q&A. As always, I'll try to pop in when I can to answer what I can.

Broken record time (sorry), but I really don't know if more 'Dragons...' pieces are in the works or not.

Hi Alex,great to see you back on the Forum. Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions and pass along our personal wishlists!
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #6718
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yes thanks for answering, hope everybody's favorite statue gets made one day!
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:33 PM   #6719
Timothy
The Spirit

Whenever I order a statue from Sideshow Collectibles, it plays a video with employees giving me a thumbs up and acting happy. In contrast, I just canceled a statue (I no longer wanted), so I must admit my disappointment that I did not get a video where employees gave me a thumbs down and acted sad. Please fix. Thanks!!!

Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #6720
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

What pieces an particular were you curious about?
Welcome back Alex,

Specifically Bane, Ghost Rider and Tony Stark with Iron Man Mk1

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...s-bane-statue/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...le-110-statue/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...le-110-statue/
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote