Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #1321
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
The more I think on this the more I waiver. I wanted a representation of MK in my collection with one impressive piece. With what the shipping and customs alone would cost me on this I could practically ship a 1/3 scorpion to my door and save myself £1125. Scorpion as a character is certainly a better representation of the series also being much more recognisable.

I know if I do that though, just like I did with the cinemaquette predator, this will end up amazing, an absolute grail and worth a fortune making it impossible for me to pick it up again.

We just need some production photos!

I asked for some earlier on IG. I don't expect a response of course since they're not obligied.

Do PCS usually shy away from showing production photos before shipping them out? Is it a common occurence?
Yeah they do.
Production photos are always carefully curated and they've threatened in the past not to show any photos due to peoples' reactions.

They don't show much and since they ship from China unless they make special arrangements they don't have one for themselves early.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #1322
Redsaleen
Justice League

Sideshow hasn’t recieved them yet, who else took preorders??
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #1323
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
Sideshow hasn’t recieved them yet, who else took preorders??

All PCS stuff has been removed from BBTS, sideshow might be the only one shipping these.
It was a PCS exclusive to their website and I think foreign distributors. Simply Toys is selling it I think.

EDIT: BigBadToyStore still sells PCS stuff.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...ng&Company=232
Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #1324
MegatronG1
The X-Men

If that turns out to be the case, I'll send in my cancellation request, and not PO another single thing from this company. I will not pay shipping before seeing an unboxing somewhere. The details that matter can only be captured in any decent consumer camera, which the ones in the factory are possibly among the worst, or a decade old.

Only PCS would know the risk of hyping a piece near shipping and whether it would result in cancellations if it fell below that arbitrary standard. Short sighted self-preservation would dictate that they'll stay quiet if it has.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #1325
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

They did post some in factory production pictures which mostly looked good (as far as was possible to tell from the picture quality) but I would have expected a batch of shots from the finished product seeing as how this piece could/should be a flagship for PCS and simultaneously possibly put PCS back in a more positive light. That being said, it's 100% possible that this Goro is executed with flawless victory but PCS just mean business and are 100% focused on pumping out quality statues and not bother too much with social media updates...which will also do the trick in bringing them back in a more positive light albeit more longterm. Either way => "fingers crossed"
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #1326
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
You must have not got mortal komBATTED.

Go sell anyone of those pieces and I’m 90% confident you will get $100-200 less on every piece, depending on what it is.

In all honesty in all of PCs pieces this shipped last year not one of them will sell for retail value, plus taxes, plus shipping.
Did you mean kombaited? ;p

Some of them like the Ninjas did go for a bit below retail for a little but it's been a while and I've seen them sell decent.

And while it is nice to know that something I have is quite valuable I buy these cause they look awesome and that's my primary concern. And they do look awesome. I am a bit disappointed on the fabrics of the Ninjas, the body I don't mind so much as while it's thin it looks nice but the hood is definitely not that great. However when it was all said it done they were like half the price of a 1:3 from somewhere else and not only do I still like them I feel like I got my monies worth.

And for what you're saying applies to most. Other then the ultra rare stuff wtf statue released in the last year will sell for shipping + retail + taxes? Like the only statue I got last year that might do that is morrigan p2 (and shipping was expensive af).

I generally pick up my SS statues after release and for considerably cheaper as well, some have gone way up in value over the years but most are darn cheap, especially with them re releasing characters so often.

So again, for me what matters is getting my money worth, and I certainly feel like I have with PCS pieces, some aren't without issue but overall they come out pretty great and they are priced quite nicely. It's like when I buy from gaming heads, I know their statues aren't that great but they have licenses nobody else will pick up that I like and their prices generally reflect what they offer.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #1327
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Kinda hard to make out the detail here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpw0kTEDleO/

They did a 'final inspection' on this batch roughly 2 months ago.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #1328
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Those pictures are god awful for basing a decision on a $1400 statue. Is Sideshow too busy to bother itself to do an unboxing? I get spammed with unboxings for their other products regularly. They keep shifting risk to us, hoping we don't notice.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #1329
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Is Sideshow too busy to bother itself to do an unboxing? I get spammed with unboxings for their other products regularly.
Indeed. And PCS keeps teasing new stuff on social media like crazy, which kinda puts all the stuff in production out of the spotlight. Also, didn't the ship date for Goro originally say Dec-Jan on the site? It now says Jan-Feb.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #1330
qz33
Doctor Doom

The pictures they show are just for teasing, confirmation and to spotlight whatever on the statue they believe is actually going well.

Originally they had said they were thinking of doing Goro's loin leather in the states due to the complicated weathering and aging.